GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Actor/Actress (or Role)

Raf

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Ah.  Hoban Washburne must have been "Wash" from Firefly.  He HAS had more than five roles, though.  Of course, I'd recognize him by sight or by name, but probably not from any of his roles.

George

I forget the name of his character in "A Knight's Tale." I remember Wash, and I remember Vanderveer Wayne Junior from "Powerless."  I think the Mrs and I may have been the only people who liked the show.     He also played the Joker in the Harley Quinn animated series (aka, the cartoon.)

3 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Name the role

Neville Brand            Rod Steiger         Stephen Graham

Jason Robards         F. Murray Abraham      John Bernthal

George

I know the name F. Murray Abraham.  I can picture Rod Steiger and Jason Robards.     We're talking an older American, a grizzled "I've seen it all" leader.   That's all I've got so far. 

Rod Steiger needed a bigger boat.

F. Murray Abraham hated Mozart and Picard.

Jason Robards almost caught bank robber Bill Murray.

John Bernthal is the wild card here: he's the Punisher on Netflix and was a major character seasons 1 and 2 of The Walking Dead. I'm trying to remember other roles he played. I'm guessing something Nixonian in that recent Tom Hanks movie. My first WAG: Ben Bradlee.

18 hours ago, Raf said:

Rod Steiger needed a bigger boat.

F. Murray Abraham hated Mozart and Picard.

Jason Robards almost caught bank robber Bill Murray.

John Bernthal is the wild card here: he's the Punisher on Netflix and was a major character seasons 1 and 2 of The Walking Dead. I'm trying to remember other roles he played. I'm guessing something Nixonian in that recent Tom Hanks movie. My first WAG: Ben Bradlee.

Steiger was the cop in the movie "In The Heat of the Night." IIRC, he was the Patton-like general in "Mars Attacks!".   I knew Robards played Rotzinger.   (His best line wasn't even a line- it was the flat look.  Young Cop: "What's so memorable about a clown stealing a million dollars?"  Rotzinger: *flat look*   Young Cop: "Jesus, we gotta catch this guy!")