GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Actor/Actress (or Role)

Raf

On 1/26/2020 at 1:05 AM, Human without the bean said:

No one would doubt Ursula Andres's beauty but I look at Judi Drench as an attractive woman too.  Eye of the beholder.

I going to slap myself silly :doh:because if I were anyone else reading this post, I'd think that that guy had lost it.  So for the record >insert George's post

On 1/24/2020 at 7:06 AM, GeorgeStGeorge said:

While Ursula Andress is much better-looking than Judi Dench (in ANYONE's humble opinion)

George

I was thinking Helen Mirren (don't know why, she is wasn't even in the discussion) in my mind not Judy Dench, I mean fine actress  but she's no beauty.  Ok.  I'm glad I got that out of the way now.  I was trying to download a picture of her when she was younger but I'm not sure how to do that.

Edited by Human without the bean

John Hurt        Richard Hurndall        Michael Jayston

Geoffrey Hughes    Toby Jones        Peter Cushing

Jim Broadbent      Hugh Grant     Rowan Atkinson

Paul Mc Gann     Richard E. Grant    Joanna Lumley

Sylvester Mc Coy    Colin Baker   Peter Davison

6 minutes ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Shakespearean, perhaps.  Not one of the Henrys.  Lumley sort of throws a wrench into this, but if male actors can play female Shakespearean parts, there's no reason she can't play a man.

Macbeth?

George

Ah, Lumley didn't play a man.  :)  (It can be argued she didn't play a woman, either.)

This role is not Shakespeare, nor Shakepearean (no Marlowe, no Chaucer, etc.)  It's not anything you would have been assigned to read in school.    I'm sure you'll figure out the right answer as soon as you figure out the right question.

6 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Frankenstein's monster?

George

You may have read "Frankenstein" in school.    Although Mary Shelley was English, Victor Frankenstein was Swiss/ Italian and  "the monster" doesn't really have a nationality.    This round is UNARGUABLY a British character.    And has not been around nearly as long as Frankenstein (nor Holmes, for that matter.)

Edited by WordWolf
Added another clue.

Jo Martin      David Bradley      Michael Jones

Adrian Gibbs       Mark Gatiss      Jodie Whittaker

Patrick Troughton    Matt Smith  William Hartnell/b]

Jo Martin      David Bradley      Michael Jones

Adrian Gibbs       Mark Gatiss      Jodie Whittaker

Patrick Troughton    Matt Smith  William Hartnell

Peter Capaldi       Tom Baker    David Tennant

7 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

A British fictional character, fairly recent, and possibly not even human (not a man or woman).

I'm striking out.

George

So, could be an extraterrestrial, someone not from Earth.   British fictional character, fairly recent, played by a buttload of actors and at least one actress. 

What's the question, again?

2 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

I seem to remember you mentioning that Rowan Atkinson played a spoof of "The Doctor," and David Tennant was definitely one of them, so let's give that a try.

The Doctor (Who)

George

Yes.   I mentioned that fairly recently.     I also mentioned Sylvester Mc Coy played Radagast the Brown in the Hobbit trilogy, but was otherwise remembered for playing one of the Doctors (the one with the question mark "insignia".)   The current one is Jodie Whittaker, the first actress to play the Gallifreyan.  Her immediate predecessor was Peter Capaldi, who was the first actor in a while who actually made me think of the Doctor when seeing him.    William Hartnell was the First,  and "Curse of Fatal Death" had Rowan Atkinson, Hugh Grant, Jim Broadbent and Joanna Lumley as the Doctor with a bunch of regenerations.   Tom Baker was the Fourth Doctor-  the one with the long scarf and hat, the one people used to think of when picturing Doctor Who (if they're from the US.)       

So, yes, this was DOCTOR WHO.  (The Doctor.) 

• 1 month later...

Let this one slip a while.

Paul Bratter       Halsy Knox      Bill McKay

Johnny Hooker       Major Cook      Sonny Steele

Henry Brubaker    Tom Booker      Warren Justice

Alexander Pierce      Nathan Muir        Jack Weil

George

(After this, the easy ones)