GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Actor/Actress (or Role)

Raf

On 8/5/2020 at 6:20 AM, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Of course.  Very well-known, easily recognizable actor, but only one iconic role (Rhett Butler).

George

That doesn't seem right to me that Clark Gable had only one "iconic" role.  He was in "It Happened One Night" (Academy Award movie)  "The Misfits" .  In his hayday (1930' & 1940's) he was arguably the most famous actor in Hollywood and leading man to the most beautiful actresses Jean Harlow, Joan Crawford, Grace Kelly, Vivien Leigh and then there was Marilyn Monroe.  He is from the Golden Hollywood era and I think he had more the one one iconic role.  They didn't call him "The King of Hollywood" for nothing.

11 hours ago, Human without the bean said:

That doesn't seem right to me that Clark Gable had only one "iconic" role.  He was in "It Happened One Night" (Academy Award movie)  "The Misfits" .  In his hayday (1930' & 1940's) he was arguably the most famous actor in Hollywood and leading man to the most beautiful actresses Jean Harlow, Joan Crawford, Grace Kelly, Vivien Leigh and then there was Marilyn Monroe.  He is from the Golden Hollywood era and I think he had more the one one iconic role.  They didn't call him "The King of Hollywood" for nothing.

But when I gave the name of his characters in The Misfits (Gay Langland) and It Happened One Night (Peter Warne), you didn't recognize them.  I really enjoyed IHON, but I couldn't tell you the character's name.  But say "Rhett Butler," and everyone knows who it is.

George

Edited by GeorgeStGeorge

On 7/28/2020 at 9:40 AM, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Hint:  all of these roles are from over a half century ago.

I wasn't paying attention to those clues largely because I wouldn't know who was what character that long ago.  But you're right George had I noticed Rhett Butler I would have probably got it.

8 hours ago, WordWolf said:

Albert Einstein       Professor Max Krassman        Tomas de Torquemada        Goddard Bolt         Dr Frederick Bronski        Moses 

"Peabody and Sherman", "The Muppet Movie",  "History of the World Part I", "Life Stinks", "To Be or Not To Be", "HotW Part I" again. 

15 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Dana Delany      Kate Bosworth         Grey DeLisle

Christina Hendricks     Pauley Perrette       Anne Heche

George

Ok, let's see....  Grey DeLisle has done a lot of stuff, but it's all been cartoon voice-over work.  So, that gives us a category.  Unlike, say, Janet Waldo, she didn't do H-B or classic W-B or anything like that-  she's done a lot of DC Animated stuff.  So, we're talking superhero cartoons from the 80s on. 

Now a moment to contemplate Christina Hendricks.  Let's picture her so we can figure out what she was in.

Ok, that didn't get me closer to an answer, but it was still a nice moment.    Moving on....

Kate Bosworth played "LOIS LANE" in "Superman Returns."  is this "LOIS LANE"?

It is, indeed.  Except for Bosworth, they've all voiced LL in the cartoons.  I knew if I used Erica Durance, Teri Hatcher, Noel Neill, Phyllis Coates, or Amy Adams, it would have been too easy.  I might have been able to sneak Bitsie Tulloch through.  She would have been in the next tranche of names.

George

Ok, next round. Name the actor, please.

Billy Nolan       Tod Lubitch      James Ubriacco      Chuck Benson    Eddie Halley     Strip Harrison

Buford 'Bud' Uan Davis        Jack Terry        Zack Melon           Adam Lawrence          Jack Cabe          Louis Pinnock

Ok, next round. Name the actor, please.

Billy Nolan       Tod Lubitch      James Ubriacco      Chuck Benson    Eddie Halley     Strip Harrison

Buford 'Bud' Uan Davis        Jack Terry        Zack Melon           Adam Lawrence          Jack Cabe          Louis Pinnock

George Malley              Sam Baily       Vic 'Deak' Deakins          Joey Giamonti      Jack Stanton         Russ Richards