Raf

John Mayhew   Tom Buchanan   Capt. Bob Hyde

George Spahn    Grandpa Roman 'Ray' Wershe

Joe Danby        Woody Grant    Old Man Carrucan

Mark Rumsfeld    John Gillon    General Sandy Smithers

George Sitkowski   Grayson Potchuck   Howard Blaime

Bobby Lee   Will Plummer   Creepy Carl  Jack Strawhorn

George Lumley   Patrick Leary    Dr. Vic Small

No.   He's a slippery sucker isn't he?  I wouldn't say that this actor is as well known as a Robert Redford or Tony Curtis or a Clint Eastwood but he is a well received actor who currently has 10 acting credits or projects according to his IMDB profile.

John Mayhew   Tom Buchanan   Capt. Bob Hyde

George Spahn    Grandpa Roman 'Ray' Wershe

Joe Danby        Woody Grant    Old Man Carrucan

Mark Rumsfeld    John Gillon    General Sandy Smithers

George Sitkowski   Grayson Potchuck   Howard Blaime

Bobby Lee   Will Plummer   Creepy Carl  Jack Strawhorn

George Lumley   Patrick Leary    Dr. Vic Small

Richard Smythson   Levi Coffin    Reginald Cook

Clay Carter    Joseph Kennedy

20 hours ago, WordWolf said:

*looks him up and disqualifies himself*   I've never seen ANY of his movies. I've barely heard his name.

This doesn't mean anything.  You're younger than the other players (GSG,HWTB,) that's all and maybe you don't watch a lot of movies.

13 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Some of the characters seem familiar, but I'm not getting it.  Are there any "giveaway" roles?

George

I was thinking about that.  That only familiar name would be Joseph Kennedy.  However, I've haven't seen the movie with that clue, Chappaquiddick.

20 hours ago, WordWolf said:

*looks him up and disqualifies himself*   I've never seen ANY of his movies. I've barely heard his name.

Sorry that seem to be annoyed by this WordWolf.   I came some clues.  I did mention that he wasn't an A-list actor.  You can't have 10 current credits in the movie business today unless somebody has heard of you.  But instead of participating you chose to *look him up*.

" Instead of participating?"   In this round, if you posted his entire filmography and what role he played in each movie, I'd have been forced to throw up my hands, unable to answer.       I've heard of Joe Kennedy (the family patriarch, if I have the correct Joe, JFK's dad, and so on), and "Tom Buchanan" is a character in "The Great Gatsby"  (assigned reading in high school.)

BTW, I'm not THAT young, and we've all seen movies that the others here have NOT seen.   I prefer to focus on what I think the other players can answer- which, of course, is no guarantee is what the other players CAN answer.  Hollywood alone has had many, many actors, with most fading into obscurity over time without 1 or 2 roles to anchor them to fame and collective memory.

I have listed many of this actor's films, at least the one's with more that one name to the character.  He has played in three Quentin Tarantino movies.  Of his 187 acting credits many of them are television appearances early in his career.  However, he is known for being a movie actor.  I'll give this one up soon unless someone (that would be George) gets it.

16 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

James Cromwell?

George

BTW, it IS possible that Raf is playing...

Anything's possibly as they say.  No, it's not him.  Good guess though.   Not sure about whether he has a daughter who is also an actress.  It is time to give this up.  

Maestro, drum role please  :dance:,  It's Bruce Dern.  I woke up early the other morning and turned on the movie classic channel and I started watching, "Hush, Hush, Sweet Charlotte" with Betty Davis and Olivia De Haviland and Joseph Cotton.  I hadn't seen it in many years and I rather enjoyed it.  Betty Davis' character Charlotte fantasizes about the man of her dreams in the movie several times and he is played by Bruce Dern.  Anyway, as you all know Laura Dern is his actress daughter.

Let's call this a FREE POST.   I'll pick it back up later if no one has anything.

• 2 weeks later...

Orlando Bloom         Leo DiCaprio         Leonard Whiting

Leslie Howard       Rudolf Nureyev     Robert Powell

Douglas Booth     William Bracewell     Laurence Harvey

Literally dozens of actors have portrayed this role in movies (not even counting updated versions of the character).  I suspect that most are men whose names you won't recognize.

George

11 hours ago, WordWolf said:

It's Romeo Montague.   I knew DiCaprio played him, but I just happened across the 2014 version with Orlando Bloom.   Now that I think about it, I think I saw a few seconds of it on TV, but I saw Juliet and not Romeo in the clip. 

Correct.

George