GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Actor/Actress (or Role)

Raf

15 hours ago, WordWolf said:

Armageddon T Thunderbird          ValCom-17485                         Vic Ferrari         Tony Clifton       Baji Kimran     Elvis Presley

Latka Gravas

This was all of his roles.  Latka was on "Taxi", as was "Vic Ferrari",  an alternate personality of Latka.  Andy was famous for his Elvis impersonations.  Tony Clifton was an entertainer invented by Kaufman, whom he insisted was another person. They had public disagreements.    For the record, Andy, Bob Zmuda and Andy's brother have all put on Clifton's outfit and makeup and played him, so they could have argued face-to-face.     Armageddon T Thunderbird was the "villain" of "In God We Tru$t." 

6 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

I didn't watch Taxi, but the Latka role was well-known.

I'm not sure I'd consider Kaufman "more famous" than Jack Black, though.

George

Does Jack Black have any songs written about him?  How about any movies about his life?   Andy's got both and he'd been dead for a while before either was done (AFAIK.)

I doubt there would have been a song or a movie about him, had he NOT died young.  Of course, I was never a fan.  When the Green Lantern movie came out, one of my friends opined that he didn't care if it was a good movie or not, because he never liked the character.  That's how I felt about "Man in the Moon."  Jim Carrey might have done a great rendition of an actor I couldn't care less about.  I'm not the world's biggest Jack Black fan, but at least I can name several movies he's appeared in...

George

Perhaps to another generation Jack Black is certainly more famous that Andy Kaufman.  Gen X would identify with JB but to a Baby Boomer as myself, I would say Andy Kaufman was more famous for his shock antics and where he was in terms of his comedic artistry.  Kaufman was a genius.  No question.

11 hours ago, Human without the bean said:

Perhaps to another generation Jack Black is certainly more famous that Andy Kaufman.  Gen X would identify with JB but to a Baby Boomer as myself, I would say Andy Kaufman was more famous for his shock antics and where he was in terms of his comedic artistry.  Kaufman was a genius.  No question.

I question.  I thought his antics were inane.  Which is why I wouldn't watch "Man in the Moon."

Agree to disagree.  :confused:

On 4/22/2021 at 11:02 PM, Human without the bean said:

The funny thing about this is that it puts George and myself in the wrong generations- it puts George in Gen X and myself in the Boomers.   Doesn't mean anything, but it amuses me. :)

• Like 1

I've never fully understood the cycles for generations really.  First Boomers, and then after Generation X, it jumps to Millennials.  Seems to me that they skipped a generation in there when you think some suggest that Millennials can come from as late as 2000.

• 3 weeks later...

Let's add some characters in the title of the movies:

Cora Peterson           Loana                Lilian Lust

Kit Forrest              Priestess of the Whip      KC Carr

Det. Eileen McHenry         Constance de Bonacieux

Dianna Brock       Mrs. Windham Vandermark

Walks Far Woman        Myra Breckenridge     Fathom Harville

Hannie Caulder         "Jugs"

George

It was (or, ratherm is) indeed.  She starred in "The Legend of Walks Far Woman," "Hannie Caulder," "Myra Breckenridge," and "Fathom."  As well, she was Loana in "One Million Years BC," Lilian Lust in "Bedazzled," and was "Jugs" in "Mother, Jugs, and Speed."

WW is up.

George

Ok, next one.

Roy Loomis           Wade Lewis             Hank Wilson             Owen Legate       

Paul Bratter      Charlie  Reeves      Harry Alonzo Longabaugh            Christopher Cooper

On 4/24/2021 at 3:30 AM, Human without the bean said:

I've never fully understood the cycles for generations really.  First Boomers, and then after Generation X, it jumps to Millennials.  Seems to me that they skipped a generation in there when you think some suggest that Millennials can come from as late as 2000.

BTW, I've heard people refer to people after Gen X as in Gen Y and Gen Z, but not with any regularity.

Roy Loomis           Wade Lewis             Hank Wilson             Owen Legate       

Paul Bratter      Charlie  Reeves      Harry Alonzo Longabaugh            Christopher Cooper

David Chappellet     Halsy Knox         Jeremiah Johnson        Bill McKay    

John Archibald Dortmunder      Hubbell Gardiner         Joseph Turner         Tom Logan