GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Actor/Actress (or Role)

Raf

Johnny Del Bravo         Tucker Kerwin        Neal Stryker        Mitch Harris        Sebastian Ballentine      Henry Palaver

Oliver Putnam       Jack Putter     David Morgan   Ned Perry     Neil Sussman       Eugene Proctor

Leonard Winstone      Steward Havens       Garrison Cootes       Louis "Lou" Cannon        Mervin "Merv" Schechter  

8 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Martin Short?

George

That's him.   Oliver Putnam is a role he's playing now, in "Only Murders in the Building."  His character is one of two who are elderly fans of mystery solving. They're going to try to solve murders.  Since they're not up to the rigors of investigation, they're only going to solve murders that happen in their own apartment building.   (I SWEAR I'm not making that up.)

• 1 month later...

This got left behind.  To continue

Madge Gorland           Polly Deutsch           Maerose Prizzi

Clara Allen           Lilly Dillon              Marcia Fox

Etheline Tenenbaum         Gwyneth Harridan       Cynthia Keener

Calamity Jane           Morticia Addams             Bonnie Fox

George

5 minutes ago, Raf said:

This guy's movies are far more famous than his characters' names.

I find that that's usually the case, with the exception of one or two iconic roles.  Take Harrison Ford.  Boatloads of movies, but other than Indiana Jones and Han Solo, I couldn't name another character he's played, though I could list several movies.

George

Harlan Thrombey       J. Paul Getty        Kaiser Wilhelm II         Henrik Vanger         Julius Caesar

Zev Guttman        Frank Grubman       Joseph Cutter        John Barrymore            John Harlan         Prospero