GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Actor/Actress (or Role)

Raf

This has got to be an animated role with voice-actors.  That's the most likely way to reconcile the first 3 with each other.

Tara Strong and Arleen Sorkin sound familiar.   I think I have this narrowed to a cartoon, but not to the character yet.  (Otherwise, I don't think I'd recognize either name- one of them has got to be on this cartoon series.)

Ok, that actually tells me a lot.  ONE name will be a dead giveaway.

I'm thinking I read one of these names as the credits for the "DC Super Hero Girls" cartoon flashed by at the end.  But most of those characters have not appeared elsewhere, or rarely did so (Bumblebee, Zatanna, the new GL.)  A few have appeared a number of places (Wonder Woman, Batgirl, Supergirl), so there's more than one giveaway name for each (Gal Gadot and Linda Carter, Yvonne Craig and Alicia Silverstone,  Helen Slater and Melissa Benoist.)   It's not any of the male characters (so Aquaman is out, Hal Jordan is out, James Gordon is out.)       I'm thinking all the hero girls are out.  So, that leaves me with only 1 or 2 villain girls as a possibility.     Taking George as accurate for one name actually being a real giveaway, I scratch off one character, and that leaves me with the character who replaced Duela Dent in the DC continuity.

"HARLEY QUINN."   

Of course, if I'm wrong somewhere, I could be way off.  But I think I'm down to the cast of that cartoon and eliminated most of them.

I'm reminded of the "The Changeling" episode of Star Trek:  "Your logic is impeccable.  We are in grave danger!"

Well, OK, no danger; but your logic is correct.  Clearly, Margot Robbie would have given the game away.  Kaley Cuoco, incidentally, voices Harley in the current Harley Quinn cartoon series.

Paul Dini got the inspiration for Harley Quinn while looking at a video of Sorkin in "Days of Our Lives," of all places.  In a weird fantasy sequence, she played a roller-skating clown.  She was the voice of Harley in the "Batman:  The Animated Series" show.

Arleen Sorkin

FYI, Mia Sara was the first to portray Harley "in the flesh" in the short-lived "Birds of Prey" TV show.

Li Han        Lt. Hung Lee Park        Major Choi        Dr. Lin Tam   Akiro the Wizard

Todo Matsumoto        Shudo Shimazaki       Buntoro Iga    Toshio Watanabe      Nobu Matsumoto

Iko Nakayama       Lieutenant Nakamura    Wong Ti Lu     Lin Duk Coo    Aku

Lt. Barbara Duran              Laurie Strode                Elizabeth Solley

Dorothy Stratten             Michelle Cody                 Ophelia 

Jessie Wilson                   Wanda Gershwitz          Helen Tasker

Tess Coleman                  Nora Krank                     Dr. Samantha Ryan     

George

(This is definitely a famous actress, and a few of the above are from her best known films.  None of the names are particularly iconic, however.)

None of those.  This actress is the daughter of a famous actor and a famous actress.

Cathy Munsch                 Linda Drysdale              Deirdre Beaubeirdre

George

10 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

None of those.  This actress is the daughter of a famous actor and a famous actress.

Cathy Munsch                 Linda Drysdale              Deirdre Beaubeirdre

George

Oh.  I had the wrong Ophelia.  I thought it was the Hamlet one. 

"JAMIE LEE CURTIS."   She played the Ophelia in "Trading Places" that was named for the Hamlet one.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Clint Howard?

George

That's him.  The radar operators were from the Austin Powers movies, and Randy Grainger was a boy in the big brother/little brother program Oscar Madison once tried in "the Odd Couple."  

Usually you make me post a page of names until I drop the Blalok puppet from "Star Trek"(TOS.)  Studied his roles since?  ;)