GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Actor/Actress (or Role)

Raf

Prince Edmund, Duke of Edinburgh        Lord Edmund Blackadder          Edmund Blackadder Esq           Jules Maigret        Nigel Small-Fawcett      Enrico Pollini

Bernard Fripp      Dexter Hayman       Reverend Walter Goodfellow     Inspector Raymond Fowler          Robert Box       "the Doctor"(Dr Who)

I'm trying not to post his 2 most famous movie roles,  but you might have gotten it already.       

(In re: Dexter Hayman....  "What a weiner!"  "Don't get me started.")  

14 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

I'm not really up on my Doctors, but I think this one might be Christopher Eccleston, who would be perhaps more widely recognized as Loki.

George

If you were really up on your Doctors you'd probably be MORE confused by his inclusion on this list. As a regular poster here, you would have a better chance of that having been a clue. In fact, as a regular typer of your posts,  I would think you'd be better-prepared than the average Whovian.   It's not Eccleston  (nor Tennant, nor Capaldi nor Smith.) 

Prince Edmund, Duke of Edinburgh        Lord Edmund Blackadder          Edmund Blackadder Esq           Jules Maigret        Nigel Small-Fawcett      Enrico Pollini

Bernard Fripp      Dexter Hayman       Reverend Walter Goodfellow     Inspector Raymond Fowler          Robert Box       "the Doctor"(Dr Who)

Dr. Schooner       Ron Anderson          Mr. Stringer        Father Gerald       Zazu       Mr. James        Emile Mondavarious        Rufus

Reverend Walter Goodfellow       Peter Piper / Spider-Plant Man      Archbishop of Canterbury       Richard Latham

"Ecce homo qui est faba."

(Don't google that directly, since it will almost certainly link to the answer.  This actor would also like to cite his inspirations- Peter Sellers and Mr Hulot.)

8 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

As I mentioned, I am not a Whovian.  I have seen a few episodes recently on BBCA.

I think Sean Pertwee's dad was an early Doctor.  I forget his first name.

George

Jon Pertwee was the 3rd Doctor, and is not the answer.     Look, the usual list of Drs is:  William Hartnell, Patrick Troughton, Jon Pertwee,  Tom Baker,  Peter Davison,  Colin Baker,  Sylvester McCoy, Paul Mc Gann,   Christopher Eccleston,  David Tennant, Matt Smith,  Peter Capaldi,  Jodie Whitaker.  

Scratch all those names off your list.  There were other people who played that character, either as an unnumbered Doctor, audio role,  SPOOF, or otherwise.  

Bernard Fripp      Dexter Hayman       Reverend Walter Goodfellow     Inspector Raymond Fowler          John English      Robert Box       "the Doctor"(Dr Who)

Dr. Schooner       Ron Anderson          Mr. Stringer        Father Gerald       Zazu       Mr. James        Emile Mondavarious        Rufus

Reverend Walter Goodfellow       Peter Piper / Spider-Plant Man      Archbishop of Canterbury       Richard Latham

"Ecce homo qui est faba."

(Don't google that directly, since it will almost certainly link to the answer.  This actor would also like to cite his inspirations- Peter Sellers and Mr Hulot.)

Read the list slowly, now.  I have one last name to post, but it should be obvious, now.  

5 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Rowan Atkinson?

Your Latin quote begins "Behold the man who is" but I don't know what faba means.  I suspect it's "bean."

George

It IS ROWAN ATKINSON.

The chanting at the beginning of each Mr Bean episode is that-  a Latin chant that translates to "behold the man who is a bean."  "Ecce homo qui est faba."    I just found that out the other day, myself.

The 2 roles that give it away to Americans are Johnny English (the last name I added)  and Mister Bean.    He was also in a number of movies in smaller roles-  Dexter Heyman was in "Hot Shots Part Deux".   Emile Mondavarious, IIRC, was in a Scooby Doo movie,   he was the voice of the Lion King's Zasu,  and so on.    In the UK, he's well-known for playing every generation of "Blackadder" in the show of the same name.     He also played the serious title role of Jules Maigret in the series "Maigret."  (Mrs Wolf said he did very well in that role, which was surprising if you only know him from comedies.)    (You won't know him by name from "Love Actually" as the sales clerk, or a wedding officiant in "Four Weddings and a Funeral", in all likelihood.)

Every Christmas and every New Year, I try to watch Mr Bean's scenes of him in Christmas and New Year's, respectively. 

• 2 weeks later...

She was in a Bond movie, but it wasn't Maud.

Gwen Meighen         Miss Goodthighs         Christine Adams

Paula Clarkson       Jennifer Wood         Rose Bean

Gail Berke       Liz Cassidy      Countess Andrenyi

Barbara Hallsworth       Liz  Hamilton      Yvonne Firmin

George

Not Halle Berry

Empress Josephine        Claudia Dennis        Clare Lipkin

Isabelle d'Arc           Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis       Lila Montagne

George

Edited by GeorgeStGeorge

No.  Much better looking, IMHO.  If it helps, the Bond film is often considered to be extracanonical, as opposed to a more recent film with the same title.

Empress Josephine Bonaparte        Claudia Dennis        Clare Lipkin

Isabelle d'Arc           Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis       Lila Montagne

Paola Franco        Frances Shaw        Sophie Wynn

James Lebeau            Constance Isles        Maureen Doherty

George

Edited by GeorgeStGeorge