GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Actor/Actress (or Role)

Raf

Still naming this role....

Rowan Schlosberg         David Mitchell       Colin Firth

Rupert Graves     Will Kemp        Mathew Baynton    

Kenneth Branagh   Laurie Davidson     Tim Curry

(Yes, Laurie Davidson is a guy, as are all the others.AFAIK, no female's played him, although I'd have to check to be 100% sure.) 

Rafe Spall     Patrick Stewart (sorta)      Gary Hailes

Scott Ainslie    Joseph Fiennes     Robert Reed

6 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Henry V?

Patrick Stewart "sorta" played him when Picard portrayed him with Data on a holodeck.

George

What you posted is factually correct, but the others didn't play him.  I can honestly say this is not ANY of the characters written by that author, for that matter.   However, he is definitely a contemporary of those plays (Henry V, etc.) 

Scott Ainslie    Joseph Fiennes     Robert Reed

Reginald Gardner  Clive Revill     Jorma Taccone

Edited by WordWolf

1 hour ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

I presume you italicized Joseph Fiennes for emphasis, but I'm still lost.

George

Yes, Mrs Wolf thought he was the giveaway for anyone besides her and myself.  BTW, if you examine the other 2 posts on this page where I did NOT list actors, you might be able to figure out "this character" without having even one actor's name.   If you still can't name it, that's on you. The fault would lie not in your stars, but rather in yourself.

15 hours ago, WordWolf said:

Scott Ainslie    Joseph Fiennes     Robert Reed

Reginald Gardner  Clive Revill     Jorma Taccone

Rowan Schlosberg played him on "Legends of Tomorrow."  David Mitchell plays him in "Upstart Crow", which I think is a hysterical show.   Patrick Stewart did the voice for a Will Shakespeare in "Gnomeo and Juliet."  Joseph Fiennes was the "Shakespeare in Love."    Robert "Mike Brady" Reed played him on "Fantasy Island"-  he actually did quite a bit of Shakespeare in his day.    And so on. 

On 4/21/2020 at 2:57 PM, WordWolf said:

What you posted is factually correct, but the others didn't play him.  I can honestly say this is not ANY of the characters written by that author, for that matter.   However, he is definitely a contemporary of those plays (Henry V, etc.) 

I suddenly omitted the name of the author of the plays. (Why?)  The plays are contemporary to the playwright who wrote them, of course.

12 hours ago, WordWolf said:

Yes, Mrs Wolf thought he was the giveaway for anyone besides her and myself.  BTW, if you examine the other 2 posts on this page where I did NOT list actors, you might be able to figure out "this character" without having even one actor's name.   If you still can't name it, that's on you. The fault would lie not in your stars, but rather in yourself.

"This character" was in quotes, so there's something odd about calling him a "character."    WS wrote, in "Julius Caesar", that "the fault, dear Brutus, lies not in our stars, but in ourselves, that we are underlings."    I know you don't know lines from "Hamlet" nor "Romeo and Juliet", so I tried a different play.

George is up!

Ok, name the role.....

Felix Felton       Paul Daneman         Orson Bean       Nicol Williamson        Norman Bird        John Le Mesurier    

Bernard Cribbins    Michael Beatie

Leonard Nimoy once sang a ballad about this character.

4 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

I seem to remember that Orson Bean voiced a cartoon character, but I don't remember which one.

George

That's a shame, but I'm glad you remembered something. At the least, I thought it would ring a familiar bell.

(No, this character had nothing to do with bells, AFAIK.)

Ok, name the role.....

Felix Felton       Paul Daneman         Orson Bean       Nicol Williamson        Norman Bird        John Le Mesurier    

Bernard Cribbins    Michael Beatie       Ian Holm

Leonard Nimoy once sang a ballad about this character.