GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Actor/Actress (or Role)

Raf

5 hours ago, WordWolf said:

I don't know anyone who's played all of those roles before.  Just going from their range, I'm going to guess "GARY OLDMAN" because he's willing to sit in a chair for hours each day to play any of those roles. 

I'm not sure you're in the right thread.  My last post was

Janet Brown       Meryl Streep        Lindsay Duncan

To which I'll add

Andrea Riseborough      Lesley Manville      Greta Scacchi

George

Janet Brown       Meryl Streep        Lindsay Duncan

Andrea Riseborough      Lesley Manville      Greta Scacchi

There are other, even-lesser-known actresses.  Would it help if I mention that the character is (or was) an actual Englishwoman?

George

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2022 at 7:25 PM, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Marlon Brando         Ian Holm          Rod Steiger

Claude Rains           Charles Boyer             Armand Assante

Alain Chabat         Herbet Lom         Eli Wallach

And pretty much every French actor (at least the shorter ones...

George

Dylan Sprayberry        Cooper Timberline     George Newbern

Stephan Bender     Jackson Warris        Malkolm Alburquenque

Gerard Christopher      John Haymes Newton   Aaron Smolinski

Edited by WordWolf
weird formatting

18 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

I know Newton from two TV shows.  The Untouchables (1990s version) and 

Superboy (?)

George

(It might be a more generic Clark Kent/Superman.  I think Newbern voiced Superman in the Justice League shows.)

CORRECT!

These were all Clark Kent.

On 6/19/2022 at 10:05 PM, WordWolf said:

Dylan Sprayberry        Cooper Timberline     George Newbern

Stephan Bender     Jackson Warris        Malkolm Alburquenque

Gerard Christopher      John Haymes Newton   Aaron Smolinski

Dylan Sprayberry- Man of Steel.   Cooper Timberline- Man of Steel.  George Newbern- Superman VS The Elite, and Injustice: Gods Among Us, and The Batman (cartoon series.)     Stephan Bender- Superman Returns.   Jackson Warris- Smallville.    Malkolm Alburquenque-  Smallville.   Gerard Christopher-  Superboy.    John Haymes Newton- Superboy.  Aaron Smolinski- Superman the Movie (the kid who lifts the car above Jonathan Kent when the jack slips out and the car drops towards JK.)      With the exception of George Newbern, the names I gave so far were for actors who played young Clark Kent, generally in elementary school age or thereabouts.   There's been a lot of depictions of Clark as a kid.

BTW, in reading about how Superman keeps his identity, people seem to have left out the most practical reason to disbelieve Superman and Clark Kent are the same person-  they have been seen in the same place at the same time.  After the "Death of Superman" storyline, and after the "Return of Superman" storyline, Superman had returned, but Clark was still one of hundreds of people missing since the day Doomsday attacked Metropolis and "killed" Superman.   When Jimmy Olsen welcomed Superman back and asked if he'd seen Clark, Superman paused, and, using his enhanced hearing, located a trapped dog. (He was clearing up a recent battle site, and the dog had been trapped for a few hours.)   Jimmy: "Wow, I bet that's what happened to Mr Kent!"     Superman: *thinking*  "OF COURSE!"  The next issue began with Superman rescuing Clark out from under some rubble, with cameras recording it all.  Lois posed with her arms around them, one arm around Clark, one arm around Superman.   Then Clark was checked out by a doctor.  Clark mentioned having managed to reach an equipped fallout shelter, so he had access to food and water, and did what he could to exercise, so he needed a shave but otherwise seemed in decent health.   Then Lois drove Clark home, and Superman came in through the window. "Kent, hands off my woman!"  Lois told off Superman for addressing her like that.  Clark applauded, saying nobody should get away with that, not even Superman.  "Clark" then transformed back into the shapechanger Matrix (with some difficulty.)  

The Martian Manhunter has been known to help with that sort of thing as well, shapechanging so a Justice Leaguer could be in costume AND his identity at the same time.    Tim Drake (Robin/"Red Robin") got help from Miss Martian the same way once, even faking "Tim" being shot and wounded while Robin looked for the shooter- all so Tim had an excuse to need assistance walking and look rather unable to run, jump, etc.   (It helped cover Tim Drake's disappearance during "No Man's Land".) 

Although I do like that a few characters have casually mentioned that we all know Superman does not HAVE a secret identity, and is Superman 24/7 , an idea Lex Luthor was sure of back in the "Man of Steel" miniseries following CoIE.  Lex found it ridiculous that someone as powerful as Superman would pretend to be as powerless as a normal human.

5 hours ago, WordWolf said:

BTW, in reading about how Superman keeps his identity, people seem to have left out the most practical reason to disbelieve Superman and Clark Kent are the same person-  they have been seen in the same place at the same time.  After the "Death of Superman" storyline, and after the "Return of Superman" storyline, Superman had returned, but Clark was still one of hundreds of people missing since the day Doomsday attacked Metropolis and "killed" Superman.   When Jimmy Olsen welcomed Superman back and asked if he'd seen Clark, Superman paused, and, using his enhanced hearing, located a trapped dog. (He was clearing up a recent battle site, and the dog had been trapped for a few hours.)   Jimmy: "Wow, I bet that's what happened to Mr Kent!"     Superman: *thinking*  "OF COURSE!"  The next issue began with Superman rescuing Clark out from under some rubble, with cameras recording it all.  Lois posed with her arms around them, one arm around Clark, one arm around Superman.   Then Clark was checked out by a doctor.  Clark mentioned having managed to reach an equipped fallout shelter, so he had access to food and water, and did what he could to exercise, so he needed a shave but otherwise seemed in decent health.   Then Lois drove Clark home, and Superman came in through the window. "Kent, hands off my woman!"  Lois told off Superman for addressing her like that.  Clark applauded, saying nobody should get away with that, not even Superman.  "Clark" then transformed back into the shapechanger Matrix (with some difficulty.)  

The Martian Manhunter has been known to help with that sort of thing as well, shapechanging so a Justice Leaguer could be in costume AND his identity at the same time.    Tim Drake (Robin/"Red Robin") got help from Miss Martian the same way once, even faking "Tim" being shot and wounded while Robin looked for the shooter- all so Tim had an excuse to need assistance walking and look rather unable to run, jump, etc.   (It helped cover Tim Drake's disappearance during "No Man's Land".) 

Although I do like that a few characters have casually mentioned that we all know Superman does not HAVE a secret identity, and is Superman 24/7 , an idea Lex Luthor was sure of back in the "Man of Steel" miniseries following CoIE.  Lex found it ridiculous that someone as powerful as Superman would pretend to be as powerless as a normal human.

Of course, Bruce Wayne has masqueraded as Clark. Even President Kennedy filled in as Kent.  ("If you can't trust the President of the United States, whom CAN you trust?"  I'm not sure that quote has aged well.)  I seem to remember Martian Manhunter posing as Superman.  When he was exposed to gold kryptonite, he didn't lose his powers, he just lost the ability to take Superman's form again.

I did get a kick out of that Man of Steel part where one of Luthor's assistants points out that Superman MUST be Clark Kent, and Luthor dismisses him. :rolleyes:

New one soon.

George

In the Man of Steel comic book miniseries,  LL programmed a giant supercomputer with everything he had on Clark Kent and Superman, trying to find out their connection.  The computer spit back "Clark Kent is Superman."  Luthor almost kicked the machine in dismissing it.  The idea that Superman would pretend to be human some of the time was so ridiculous to him, he never entertained it.   Of course, later, he'd seen both together, so....