GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Actor/Actress (or Role)

Raf

On 1/30/2023 at 1:29 PM, GeorgeStGeorge said:

More commonly known as Lon Chaney, Jr.  Correct.

It's interesting that, although he's known primarily for his horror roles, he acted in a LOT of Westerns.

George

Although he's also been lauded for his role as "Lennie" in "Of Mice and Men."

An anthology "The Ultimate Werewolf" had an introduction that mentioned him.  They included that lauding, and a story of his birth which LonChaney.com corroborates.  (I don't know who they are, though.) According to the book, his birth was remarkable.  As I remember the account, "Creighton Tull Chaney was born, stillborn, in a house on the shores of Belle Isle Lake.  After attempts to revive him failed, his father grabbed him, ran out to the Belle Isle Lake, and plunged Creighton into the icy waters of the lake- which managed to trigger his breathing.  I was surprised just now to find the story corroborated.  (The website's run by his family.) 

He was also in an episode of The Monkees. "You ain't going no place!"   Oddly, that character was ALSO called "Lenny." 

Larry Abbott                       Eugene Grizzard            Dr Doug Ross             George Caldwell                     Avram Belinski              Letterman

Quackser Fortune     Rudy Valentine             Rudy Hickman            Michael Jordon              Teddy Pierce       Duffy Bergman

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2023 at 12:26 PM, Raf said:

Oooh, The last one gave it away for me

Apparently not for any of the others.

April Page           Wendy Killian              Sara McKenna

Odette                Veronica Quaife             Barbara Maitland

Valerie Gail        Muriel Pritchett              Angie Scacciape

George