GreaseSpot Cafe

Super Hero TV

Raf

I like S&L!  It will be interesting to see how it all plays out, but Superman and Lois in Smallville can work.  There was a cute homage to "Lois and Clark" early on.  Only one problem.  I've got no problem with a black Perry White (Man of Steel) or Pete Ross (Smallville); but I don't know if I can abide a Lana Lang who isn't a redhead.  :nono5:  :biglaugh:

George

• 2 weeks later...

Due to a COVID interruption in filming S&L, after the fifth episode it will be replaced on Tuesday nights by Supergirl (Mar. 30).  S&L will be back May 18, and Supergirl will finish up the series after S&L's first season concludes.

In other news, Legends of Tomorrow return Sunday May.2  Stargirl will return this summer, but I can't find a date.

George

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Brainiac 5 continues to use movie references.  Last week it was "Ghostbusters" (the "perfect movie," according to Brainy); this week it's "Back to the Future," as he a Nia go back to Kara and Alex's past.  The actresses portraying the younger Kara, Alex, and Cat Grant are amazing likenesses.  I almost thought they were digitally de-aged (as per Kurt Russell in Guardians of the Galaxy 2).

George

On 5/2/2021 at 7:55 AM, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Legends of Tomorrow returns tonight.

George

And was it a disappointment.

I don't mind the lighter mood, but the "Legends" now comprise four characters I could recognize (who no longer wear costumes, unless you count Constantine's trenchcoat) and five who were made up specifically for the show.  It seems that the plot thread for this season will be Sara and Garry lost in space-time, with the magical chaos in their wake being cleaned up by the others. Can we just say that Crisis brought back Vandal Savage?  I think I'm even appreciating Bebo more...

At least the women are easy on the eyes.

George 

Thanks for keeping me up on what's new and resuming.   BTW, saw John Cena give an interview in his Peacemaker costume.  It looks JUST like the outfit from the comics- I identified it instantly, even with his helmet off to open the interview.  The resemblance is uncanny.   I'm now interested in seeing whatever he's supposed to be in just to see Peacemaker in action.   I forget if he's supposed to be in movies, but IIRC he's got a show that's supposed to start filming eventually as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I haven't followed any of these shows since CRISIS/COVID.

I did keep up with God Friended Me and Zoey's Extrordinary Playlist, but I have no idea how last season even ended on all the shows we've been discussing here.

I suppose I can catch up over the summer (yes, I know Supergirl is ending).

Is Flash even on?

Pretty much all of the DC superhero shows are a blend of superhero action and soap opera.  I prefer more action and less opera, but sometimes they achieve a good mix.  I really enjoyed the latest S&L.  No telling when any of you will watch it, but the title of the episode is "Holding the Wrench" (makes sense when you see it).

George

• 2 weeks later...

S&L continues to impress.  This week's episode was mostly backstory, cleverly inserting homages to Action Comics #1 and "Lois and Clark."  The ending was a bit grim, though, leading to the season finale.

Flash was pleasant, seeing "Team Flash" save the day without Flash.

LoT finally ends the Sara Lost in Space arc, and I couldn't be happier.

Batwoman is starting to look like Arrow in one respect:  is there ANYONE who DOESN'T know her secret ID?

George

Maybe it's because David Ramsey is directing a lot of CW shows, but he's appearing in all of them.  As I mentioned, he was John Diggle in Batwoman a couple of weeks ago.  He played an Old West Marshall in the latest LoT and plays Diggle again in upcoming Flash  and S&L episodes.  One trailer showed a green, glowing object...

George

BTW, is Legends bothering you because they're getting fluffy and silly?  Because that was the one thing I prefer about Legends when all the other shows got moody and stuff.

Was that the same trailer from the end of CoIE with the same green, glowing object?

6 hours ago, WordWolf said:

BTW, is Legends bothering you because they're getting fluffy and silly?  Because that was the one thing I prefer about Legends when all the other shows got moody and stuff.

I don't mind light hearted.  A lot of it is just inane, though.  When you're hoping to see Bebo, just to bring some sanity, you know there's a problem.

6 hours ago, WordWolf said:

Was that the same trailer from the end of CoIE with the same green, glowing object?

I think it was a different angle.  No view of a ring, just a green glow.  (Might have been kryptonite!)

George

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm four episodes into Titans, and I'm enjoying it.  Either I was misinformed about the levels of violence and profanity or it's been nicely cleaned up for broadcast TV.  The most recent episode features the Doom Patrol prior to their own series.  It explains why Gar is with the Titans instead of the DP.  So far, the group (still informally attached) comprises Nightwing, Starfire, Raven, and Beast Boy, with some appearances by Hawk and Dove.  Ads for the show indicate that a number of others will be added (Wonder Girl, Superboy -- probably Conner, and Cyborg).  I'd say I can't wait for that, but I guess I can, or I'd binge the show on HBOMax.  :anim-smile:

George