GreaseSpot Cafe

Keys to Walking by the Spirit.

WordWolf

Seems people want to discuss vpw's supposed "keys to walking by the spirit",

but nobody wants to make a thread about them.

So, here it is.

I've heard before that some are common-sense, and some are just plain wrong,

and some are at least questionable. I FIRST heard a doubt about it way back

when. Shortly after the big split of 1989-1990, where lcm got 80% of the

members to get up and leave, and most did so while still buying everything

vpw ever said. I was trying to use one, and it was getting me nowhere despite

me doing what it said. A more veteran "twig coordinator" who was an Advanced

class grad mentioned he'd had misgivings about how accurate some of them were.

He was right, my life got better as soon as I stopped trying to follow that

one.

one.

My life got EXPONENTIALLY BETTER when I stopped trying to follow

this one:

To receive anything from God, you must first become meek

......BECAUSE twi had contorted this "key" to mean

the follower was to obey his leadership in the chain of command

whether twig/branch/limb/corps leader above him. If you were

NOT meek to them[ie subordinate and cower to twi leadership], then you

were in no position to be meek to God.

The Phariseeism in twi had leavened the whole da-mn loaf.

Screw that. :anim-smile:

• Upvote 1

From pg. 10

1. To receive revelation you must first become meek.

2. Stand fast on what you have received. God will not tell you a second time until you obey the first.

3. Speaking in tongues daily is prerequisite to revelation.

4. Study The Word much. What you can know by your five senses God expects you to know.

5. Travel light.

6. Action precedes results. Believing without works in not believing.

7. Wait until "green light" revelation,

..a.Doodle.

..b. Pace the floor.

..c. Pray, sing or just wait.

8. Do not tell all you know. Receive the Word of Wisdom.

9. It may be essential to put unbelievers out of the room.

10. Inspired action and inspired utterance may be essential.

..a. Never contradicts The Word.

11. Do not be deceived by the five senses.

12. Do not argue with God.

13. Revelation once given may change. (God changes the revelation after the circumstances change.)

14. Revelation given twice is established.

15. Watch and be ready. Revelation may come at the most likely or unlikely places and times.

16. When you stumble, pick yourself up. Walking involves a learning process.

1. To receive revelation you must first become meek.

Yeah.....BUT this meekness must be in the same wheelhouse

of that which twi considers "meek."

You can't even go to the advanced class [to learn these 16 keys]

UNTIL you abide by twi-doctrine of being debt free, right?

No mortgage. No car loan. No credit card debt.

Thus, you can't receive revelation until you've jumped thru twi's hoops

and showed your local leadership that you are, indeed, meek.

And.....if you ever dissent from twi-doctrine, then you're NOT meek

and will be a "greasespot." See how this works.

Therefore.......THE FIRST KEY is to obey twi leadership. :doh:

Thanks WordWolf for starting the thread, and waysider for posting the keys, and everybody else for your contributions! I was interested in exploring this topic farther, to find out what things I still hold onto from my TWI experiences of nearly 30 years ago, but I'm still pretty wrapped up in completing the classes I'm officially enrolled in at the School of Theology. I am being treated for anemia brought on by kidney damage, and I have to be judicious in how I spend what energy I have. Thanks, again!

Love,

Steve

You're welcome, Steve.

WordWolf posted them in another thread a couple days ago, as well.

I remember being at the Advanced Class and thinking, "Really?? That's it??" It was very disappointing and anticlimactic, to say the least.

What it all boiled down to was:

Read the Bible.

Speak in tongues.

Practice the law of believing.

Follow Way leadership and doctrine with unwavering loyalty.

Well, a lot of us did that anyway. How did that turn out? :(

Edited by waysider

Here's what I found on #1 offhand.

=========================

1. To receive revelation you must first become meek. James 1:21, Ps 25:9

Sincerity is not meekness. Meekness means you’re willing to change your mind and do God’s Word. Solomon – I Kings 3:5-15 I Kings 11:1-13.

========================

Ok, let's see if those verses are in any way relevant to

"to receive revelation you must first become meek."

17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:

20 For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.

21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

===============

James 1:21 has nothing to do with "to receive revelation you must first become meek."

It looks like it's speaking SPECIFICALLY about The Written Word,

which is nothing to do with "receiving revelation".

That would contradict what was said about "Word of Knowledge", which said

"4. It is not a knowledge of God or His Word. This comes by study, learning, and application of self."

So, clearly it's irrelevant, a distraction.

===========================

Psalm 25:98 Good and upright is the Lord: therefore will he teach sinners in the way.

9 The meek will he guide in judgment: and the meek will he teach his way.

10 All the paths of the Lord are mercy and truth unto such as keep his covenant and his testimonies.

===========================

Again, nothing about "to receive revelation you must first become meek."

It's about God instructing people, but neither says this refers to revelation

nor says meekness is a requirement for any revelation.

So, another distraction.

I Kings 3:5-155 In Gibeon the Lord appeared to Solomon in a dream by night: and God said, Ask what I shall give thee.

6 And Solomon said, Thou hast shewed unto thy servant David my father great mercy, according as he walked before thee in truth, and in righteousness, and in uprightness of heart with thee; and thou hast kept for him this great kindness, that thou hast given him a son to sit on his throne, as it is this day.

7 And now, O Lord my God, thou hast made thy servant king instead of David my father: and I am but a little child: I know not how to go out or come in.

8 And thy servant is in the midst of thy people which thou hast chosen, a great people, that cannot be numbered nor counted for multitude.

9 Give therefore thy servant an understanding heart to judge thy people, that I may discern between good and bad: for who is able to judge this thy so great a people?

10 And the speech pleased the Lord, that Solomon had asked this thing.

11 And God said unto him, Because thou hast asked this thing, and hast not asked for thyself long life; neither hast asked riches for thyself, nor hast asked the life of thine enemies; but hast asked for thyself understanding to discern judgment;

12 Behold, I have done according to thy words: lo, I have given thee a wise and an understanding heart; so that there was none like thee before thee, neither after thee shall any arise like unto thee.

13 And I have also given thee that which thou hast not asked, both riches, and honour: so that there shall not be any among the kings like unto thee all thy days.

14 And if thou wilt walk in my ways, to keep my statutes and my commandments, as thy father David did walk, then I will lengthen thy days.

15 And Solomon awoke; and, behold, it was a dream. And he came to Jerusalem, and stood before the ark of the covenant of the Lord, and offered up burnt offerings, and offered peace offerings, and made a feast to all his servants.

========================

Still waiting for a verse reference that actually addresses

the supposed "key" of "To receive revelation you must first become meek."

=======================

I Kings 11:1-131 But king Solomon loved many strange women, together with the daughter of Pharaoh, women of the Moabites, Ammonites, Edomites, Zidonians, and Hittites:

2 Of the nations concerning which the Lord said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall not go in to them, neither shall they come in unto you: for surely they will turn away your heart after their gods: Solomon clave unto these in love.

3 And he had seven hundred wives, princesses, and three hundred concubines: and his wives turned away his heart.

4 For it came to pass, when Solomon was old, that his wives turned away his heart after other gods: and his heart was not perfect with the Lord his God, as was the heart of David his father.

5 For Solomon went after Ashtoreth the goddess of the Zidonians, and after Milcom the abomination of the Ammonites.

6 And Solomon did evil in the sight of the Lord, and went not fully after the Lord, as did David his father.

7 Then did Solomon build an high place for Chemosh, the abomination of Moab, in the hill that is before Jerusalem, and for Molech, the abomination of the children of Ammon.

8 And likewise did he for all his strange wives, which burnt incense and sacrificed unto their gods.

9 And the Lord was angry with Solomon, because his heart was turned from the Lord God of Israel, which had appeared unto him twice,

10 And had commanded him concerning this thing, that he should not go after other gods: but he kept not that which the Lord commanded.

11 Wherefore the Lord said unto Solomon, Forasmuch as this is done of thee, and thou hast not kept my covenant and my statutes, which I have commanded thee, I will surely rend the kingdom from thee, and will give it to thy servant.

12 Notwithstanding in thy days I will not do it for David thy father's sake: but I will rend it out of the hand of thy son.

13 Howbeit I will not rend away all the kingdom; but will give one tribe to thy son for David my servant's sake, and for Jerusalem's sake which I have chosen.

=================================

That's all the verses given to supposedly give examples of,

or to explain, "To receive revelation you must first become meek."

The class that's supposedly teaching this key has no verses whatsoever

to explain it, no Scriptural justification in a class supposedly based

on Sola Scriptura, supposedly all explaining what the Bible said on

subjects.

Is it reasonable to think this key, then, is Scriptural, seeing as no

Scriptural basis for it was ever actually given,

and several verses WERE cited but formed a distraction FROM it and

were labeled as an explanation?

I think not.

That is not a REASONABLE conclusion.

That is not a LOGICAL conclusion.

One may make a "leap of faith" that it is, but only by disregarding

reason and logic.

Here's the supposed second "key."

2. Stand fast on what you have received. God will not tell you a second time until you obey the first.

Ephesians 6:10-13."

================================

Ephesians 6:10-13 (KJV)

10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

===============================

There is absolutely nothing in there concerning revelation or even

secular instruction-and this "key" was supposedly directly about

divine revelation.

That there was a verse-reference makes it look like this "key" had

a Biblical basis. If so, why invoke verses that had NOTHING TO DO

WITH IT WHATSOEVER? It obviously wasn't a mistake or typo,

because that would have been fixed by an editor or proofreader in

the short run. It was meant specifically as camouflage.

--------------------------

I would expect that supposedly applying this "key" requires minding

2 other keys given later-

-Revelation given once MIGHT change

-Revelation given TWICE is established (will NOT change)

Add that to this one, and the understanding of this one becomes

-Carry out the revelation you've been given one time. Do not wait

for it to be established with repetition. If later revelation

contradicts this, it supersedes the current revelation and has

precedence over the current revelation.

Naturally, that is a lot more sensible, but it does NOT fit on

a bumper-sticker and may have been too long for vpw to memorize.

----------------------

Galen, that was the one, although it could have been ANY

that I foolishly tried to follow and ended up discovering it

didn't work in practice.

Speaking in tongues daily is prerequisite to revelation. II Corinthians 4:16, Eph 6:18

As if I have to mention it, the verses supposedly supporting this say

nothing about speaking in tongues "daily" being "prerequisite" to revelation.

(Which pretty much would have disallowed revelation before Pentecost.)

II Corinthians 4

13 We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;

14 Knowing that he which raised up the Lord Jesus shall raise up us also by Jesus, and shall present us with you.

15 For all things are for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God.

16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;

18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Ephesians 6

14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,

20 For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

According to vpw,

the "inward man being renewed" is a reference to speaking in tongues,

and "praying with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit" is both a reference

to speaking in tongues,

yet NEITHER says ANYTHING about REVELATION, or a PREREQUISITE.

Exactly how far a leap are people willing to make?

"It's true because vpw said it's true." "He had no basis for saying it."

"Yes he did, he always taught the Bible correctly." "All right, then where does it say

that in the Bible?" "Right here." "We just read that and it's completely unrelated!"

"You're full of the spirit of bitterness!"

It was pretty much business as usual in The Way to add a scripture to what ever point you were making. Give it some semblance of credibility.

1. Eat more Brussels sprouts for added spiritual enlightenment.

**a. John 11:35

Sure seems that way.

It will probably get obscene by the time we're finished going over all the verses

for all 16 supposed "keys."

Sure seems that way.

It will probably get obscene by the time we're finished going over all the verses

for all 16 supposed "keys."

And.....THAT is why going thru "What Wierwille Said" is frustratingly laborious and futile.

Especially now that most here at GS are no longer young and gullible.

I know, I know.....I'm 'preaching' to the choir. :)

Several people here, including myself, have tried to verify his academic credentials. Might as well be searching for the abominable snowman. I'm not sure what that has to do with keys to walking by the spirit other than casting an ominous cloud over his credibility on the matter.

#4. Study The Word much. What you can know by the five senses, God expects you to know.

Proverbs 29:18. II Timothy 2:15

Proverbs 29:18

Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he. (KJV)

Do you see any connection between this scripture and the so-called key?

Yeah. Me neither.

II Timothy 2:15

Work hard so you can present yourself to God and receive his approval. Be a good worker, one who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly explains the word of truth. (NLT)

Again. What does this have to do with walking in the spirit?

Even worse.

In The Way, we took II Timothy 2:15 out of context and used it to "prove" our purpose is to: 1. Study, (so we can) 2. Rightly divide The Word. The context of this particular section of scripture is not at all saying that.

14 Remind them of these things, (the things listed in verses 1-13) and charge them before God not to quarrel about words, which does no good, but only ruins the hearers. 15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth. 16 But avoid irreverent babble, for it will lead people into more and more ungodliness (ESV)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, look back at the original wording of key #4, compare it to the gist of the scriptural references and decide if the two are incongruous or not.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

edit: I also recall being taught (Advanced Class?) that God won't give you revelation if it's about something in The Word that you should already know from studying. Well, that makes perfect sense---- if your purpose in stating it is to give veracity to the "key". But, here's the kicker. It's also saying that the MORE *Word* you know, the LESS revelation you'll receive. Kinda like opposite day. So, you would do well to disregard this key if you ever hope to receive revelation. :blink:

Edited by waysider

Travel light. II Timothy 2:4, Acts 2:44-45, Acts 4:34-35, Prov 30:7-9, I Tim 6:10

I Peter 5:7, Phil 4:6

===================================

2 Timothy, King James Version (KJV)

1 Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.

2 And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.

3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.

4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

5 And if a man also strive for masteries, yet is he not crowned, except he strive lawfully.

==============================================

That just said to focus on the things of God.

==============================================

Acts 2, KJV

41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.

44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;

45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.

46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,

47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

======================================

So, if this was an instruction to living simply and giving to those with need,

we would obviously expect vpw set the example by living simply and letting the money

for luxuries or vices go to those who had needs.

We never saw that, of course. Talk is cheap-and so was vpw when spending on others.

=======================================

Acts 4, KJV

32 And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.

33 And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.

34 Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold,

35 And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.

36 And Joses, who by the apostles was surnamed Barnabas, (which is, being interpreted, The son of consolation,) a Levite, and of the country of Cyprus,

37 Having land, sold it, and brought the money, and laid it at the apostles' feet.

Again, if this was supposed to mean "share the loot", then vpw's failure

to be the example is rather telling as to what he believed about what he himself

was teaching.

Proverbs 30, KJV

5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.

6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

7 Two things have I required of thee; deny me them not before I die:

8 Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me:

9 Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is the Lord? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain.

========================================

This is asked of God by the speaker, but this is not listed as any sort

of requirement or key, or even a recommended action.

I Timothy 6, KJV

6 But godliness with contentment is great gain.

7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.

8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.

9 But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.

10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

11 But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.

In other words,

greed is bad-follow God instead of being covetous and greedy.

============================

I Peter 5:7 KJV

7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

I give up-

what possible connection is there between that verse and the supposed "key"?

============================

Philippians 4

5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.

6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

==========================

Control your emotions, and focus on God.

Lift your needs and your voice in prayer to Him.

Nothing about "traveling light."

Then again, that's vague for a reason.

And, that's it for verses purported to be connected to

"traveling light."

None actually relate to it, which is amazing since the concept

is a vague one.

=============================

Edited by WordWolf

Seems people want to discuss vpw's supposed "keys to walking by the spirit",

but nobody wants to make a thread about them.

So, here it is.

I've heard before that some are common-sense, and some are just plain wrong,

and some are at least questionable. I FIRST heard a doubt about it way back

when. Shortly after the big split of 1989-1990, where lcm got 80% of the

members to get up and leave, and most did so while still buying everything

vpw ever said. I was trying to use one, and it was getting me nowhere despite

me doing what it said. A more veteran "twig coordinator" who was an Advanced

class grad mentioned he'd had misgivings about how accurate some of them were.

one.

I recognized this a few years before anyone spoke out about it. I also figured out about 90% of what VP said was plagiarized. I couldn't fathom why anyone would call him the father in the word when everything he did was nothing short of a counterfeit. I chose not to follow him, (a man), or learn of his instruction in righteousness from the hands of the way corp.

I didn't renounce the way, they renounced me. Thank God.

• Upvote 1

6. Action precedes results. Believing without works is not believing. James 1:22; 2:26

Mark 3:1-5, Ex 14:21

=====================================

James 1 (KJV)

21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:

24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.

25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

26 If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.

27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

=====================

Pretty straightforward-

do what is right, refrain from what is wrong. You'll be blessed in what you do.

Nothing about "action precedes results."

16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?

17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?

26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Here we see works have their place-taking action is necessary.

For others to benefit, we must take action.

Faith demonstrated in action is completed. You act on what you believe.

A faith with no action behind it is barren.

All of that IS common-sense.

But there's no "action precedes results."

Mark 3 (KJV)

1 And he entered again into the synagogue; and there was a man there which had a withered hand.

2 And they watched him, whether he would heal him on the sabbath day; that they might accuse him.

3 And he saith unto the man which had the withered hand, Stand forth.

4 And he saith unto them, Is it lawful to do good on the sabbath days, or to do evil? to save life, or to kill? But they held their peace.

5 And when he had looked round about on them with anger, being grieved for the hardness of their hearts, he saith unto the man, Stretch forth thine hand. And he stretched it out: and his hand was restored whole as the other.

Your actions reflect what you believe.

The survivalist stockpile guns and supplies against the end of the world.

Those who expect deliverance act accordingly.

Hardly any esoteric "key."

And still nothing about how "action precedes results."

There's no such "rule".

==============================

Exodus 14 (KJV)

19 And the angel of God, which went before the camp of Israel, removed and went behind them; and the pillar of the cloud went from before their face, and stood behind them:

20 And it came between the camp of the Egyptians and the camp of Israel; and it was a cloud and darkness to them, but it gave light by night to these: so that the one came not near the other all the night.

21 And Moses stretched out his hand over the sea; and the Lord caused the sea to go back by a strong east wind all that night, and made the sea dry land, and the waters were divided.

22 And the children of Israel went into the midst of the sea upon the dry ground: and the waters were a wall unto them on their right hand, and on their left.

Believe God and do what He says, and you'll see the results.

We don't see any sort of rule about "Action precedes results."

If you believe a blizzard is outside, you'll take action if you

go outside-you'll dress up in layers over your entire body.

You'll see the results when you step outside.

If the weather is like Summer, you'll bake.

If it's a blizzard, you'll be well-protected.

No "key" involved there.

[i was careless with my punctuation.

The previous post should have looked more like this...]

6. Action precedes results. Believing without works is not believing. James 1:22; 2:26

Mark 3:1-5, Ex 14:21

James 1 (KJV)

23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:

24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.

25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

26 If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.

27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

=====================

[Pretty straightforward-

do what is right, refrain from what is wrong. You'll be blessed in what you do.

Nothing about "action precedes results."]

16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?

17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?

26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

[Here we see works have their place-taking action is necessary.

For others to benefit, we must take action.

Faith demonstrated in action is completed. You act on what you believe.

A faith with no action behind it is barren.

All of that IS common-sense.

But there's no "action precedes results."]

Mark 3 (KJV)

1 And he entered again into the synagogue; and there was a man there which had a withered hand.

2 And they watched him, whether he would heal him on the sabbath day; that they might accuse him.

3 And he saith unto the man which had the withered hand, Stand forth.

4 And he saith unto them, Is it lawful to do good on the sabbath days, or to do evil? to save life, or to kill? But they held their peace.

5 And when he had looked round about on them with anger, being grieved for the hardness of their hearts, he saith unto the man, Stretch forth thine hand. And he stretched it out: and his hand was restored whole as the other.

[Your actions reflect what you believe.

The survivalist stockpile guns and supplies against the end of the world.

Those who expect deliverance act accordingly.

Hardly any esoteric "key."

And still nothing about how "action precedes results."

There's no such "rule".]

Exodus 14 (KJV)

19 And the angel of God, which went before the camp of Israel, removed and went behind them; and the pillar of the cloud went from before their face, and stood behind them:

20 And it came between the camp of the Egyptians and the camp of Israel; and it was a cloud and darkness to them, but it gave light by night to these: so that the one came not near the other all the night.

21 And Moses stretched out his hand over the sea; and the Lord caused the sea to go back by a strong east wind all that night, and made the sea dry land, and the waters were divided.

22 And the children of Israel went into the midst of the sea upon the dry ground: and the waters were a wall unto them on their right hand, and on their left.

[believe God and do what He says, and you'll see the results.

We don't see any sort of rule about "Action precedes results."

If you believe a blizzard is outside, you'll take action if you

go outside-you'll dress up in layers over your entire body.

You'll see the results when you step outside.

If the weather is like Summer, you'll bake.

If it's a blizzard, you'll be well-protected.

No "key" involved there.]

7. Wait until “green light” revelation. Philippians 4:6

a. Wait. Is 40:31, Acts 16:16-18, John 11:6

To wait on the Lord means to hold it in abeyance because you don’t have the open

door to move yet. You learn when to recognize the “go” signal.

b. Doodle. John 8:6-8.

c. Pace the floor. II Kings 4:32-37

d. Pray or sing. Acts 4:23-31, Acts 16:25-26

=====================================================

Philippians 4(KJV)

4 Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.

5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.

6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

===================================================

[Philippians 4:6 is about avoiding anxiety and praying instead,

and not being anxious as a result.

There's nothing about "revelation" or any sort of signal.]

=================================================

Isaiah 40 (KJV)

29 He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.

30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall:

31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

===========================================

[i notice that some versions render that "wait" as "trust", some as "hope",

and one as "expect." Young's says that's "wait, expect, look for, hope. (Qavah.)

The same word's rendered "gather" or "gather together" and is most commonly

translated either "wait" or "look to/for" in the KJV.

The vpw meaning of "stand around waiting" is really unlikely here.]

========================================

Acts 16 (KJV)

15 And when she was baptized, and her household, she besought us, saying, If ye have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come into my house, and abide there. And she constrained us.

16 And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying:

17 The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation.

18 And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.

=================================

[so, vpw read entirely into this that Paul and Silas

"waited" for MANY DAYS, and Paul got revelation to act,

but it says he acted because he was "grieved."

Whatever that means, it's his volition, not revelation.]

=======================

John 11 (KJV)

3 Therefore his sisters sent unto him, saying, Lord, behold, he whom thou lovest is sick.

4 When Jesus heard that, he said, This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God might be glorified thereby.

5 Now Jesus loved Martha, and her sister, and Lazarus.

6 When he had heard therefore that he was sick, he abode two days still in the same place where he was.

7 Then after that saith he to his disciples, Let us go into Judaea again.

8 His disciples say unto him, Master, the Jews of late sought to stone thee; and goest thou thither again?

9 Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world.

10 But if a man walk in the night, he stumbleth, because there is no light in him.

11 These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep.

[There's no "key" involved here other than

"ask God for revelation before taking action."

Which is seriously Revelation 100.

We know that Jesus went to deliver Lazarus.

There were reasons to pause and not rush there,

and discussion of that would involve LOTS of SPECULATION.

vpw, naturally, overcomplicated even the most simple accounts

of revelation-possibly because he didn't understand them and

may not even had any experience with them. Based on his tendency

to regurgitate the work of others, then rephrase them to change

the phraseology only, it seems that he often didn't understand what

he was copying. Certainly his definitions of revelation were

just Leonard's definition with a lot of long words tacked on-

despite the basic definition having a problem so obvious that

vpw worshipper cg couldn't leave it alone and had to fix it before

teaching it.]

[i'll get to the rest later.]

Edited by WordWolf