GreaseSpot Cafe

TWI's Game Strategy: Hit Singles

skyrider

While in college, I sat thru twi's foundational class. At that time, I knew nothing about twi's "headquarters"

or the wierwille strategy of his corps program. I simply was interested in learning these biblical keys that

were promoted on their green card.

Some high points in pfal:

1) No private interpretation....keys to unlock scriptures

2) Judeans, Gentiles and the church of God

3) The Great Mystery Revealed

4) Incorruptible seed....born again

5) Doctrine, Reproof, Correction....instruction in life

6) Five Gift Ministries within the church of God

7) Jesus the man.....lord and mediator between God & man

8) Christ Jesus....sitting at the right hand of the Father

Like any class [note: I was in college during pfal]....I gleaned the bullet points from pfal

and found merit in these truths. Wierwille's stories were merely side-issues....as was "the law of

believing." My eyes were fixated on key elements in the scriptures that pertained to me. After all,

that's what the benefits of the green card promoted, right? Namely, that YOU can unlock the keys,

YOU can separate truth from error, YOU can have a powerful prayer life, etc.

To me, the scriptures AND spirit within were......TO AIM FOR THE FENCES (baseball analogy).

Every time I was up-to-bat, my focused-will was to "knock this ball outta the park." Hitting a

grand-slam and bringing everyone home was a bonus. Throughout the Old and New Testament, the

scriptures high-lighted the Lord God helping to advance individuals thru life's challenges and

adversity. The Lord always made a way.

Call me young, naïve, whatever.....but my heart was warmed by this loving, all-powerful God and Father

who deeply loved me and would lead me forward by His hand of grace and mercy.

YET.....with each month and passing year, I learned that wierwille's strategy was to hit singles

and "keep the crowd engaged in peanuts, hot dogs and beer." The longer the game lasted, the more money

poured in to the organization. Twig fellowships were like the little concession stands....and its quite

amazing how much money flows in via peanuts, pepsi and popcorn.

Wierwille thrived on being a team-owner. He got to throw his weight around.

Sitting high above the others in the owner's suite is a pretty, nifty perk.

The corps program was designed to "hit singles"......if they could.

Hit singles? You mean, like that song that made it onto YouTube - The Renewed Mind is the Key - like that? :evildenk:/> I won't offend your ears and eyes by posting it again.

Ah! You didn't mean songs that were singles...

Hit singles? You mean, like that song that made it onto YouTube - The Renewed Mind is the Key - like that? evildenk.gif/> I won't offend your ears and eyes by posting it again.

Ah! You didn't mean songs that were singles...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

As usual, SkyRider....your post evoked thought about your analogy.

I enjoyed the singles metaphor, and your youthful "Hit-it-outta-da-pahrk" idealism about a Christ-like walk with the spirit.

But, as I reflected upon it it a little more, I think maybe you were much too kind to dictor paul with the Baseball Team Owner metaphor. WAY too kind imo......LOL!

I think vic really viewed his "min-us-tray" and it's corpse from the Hitler Youth, militaristic nationalism perspective. Remember? "The love of gawd didn't work! We gotta put some teeth in this ministry!" This is war, not fun and games. It was da forehead who had to re-focus the moggie-myth from "the warrior Prophet" to "The Gold Medal Athlete". The best he could come up with as his leadership ideal was not Adolph Hitler like dictor, but rather some dumb jock who, through great discipline, determination, and "doulos doins" along with a hefty dose of zero talent and an intellect to match, was able to rise to the top of that testosterone driven competitive heap of mog-wannabes and have Jesus give him a golden cookie. One can see why the fall of twit was so very much more rapid and ugly than its rise. LOL!

There was nothing philanthropic or even sympathetic in vic's view of his min-us-tray. Those types of motivations are impossible in the sociopath. They simply don't exist in there, despite vic's constant pleas for "more heart" in his min-us-tray, or wishing he were the man he knew to be(sic!). There is no human heart in the chest of a sociopath or in the brain. Methinks he did protest too much. Kept the myth alive. But it was the myth of Abraham, Isaac, and Joseph. Moses and Samuel and David. Elisha, Elijah, Daniel , Jeremiah, and Isaiah. John The Baptist and Jesus of Nazareth himself! Jehovah of the Old Testament, The Sage and Mighty Warrior Prophet. Onward Christian Soldiers marching as to war.....with your Holy Spirit hatchet and gold dovepin shield.

Quite a bit more dramatic and effective image to set up as the ideal corpse grad than a dancing presidential doofus, no?

Just as da forehead's overpowering insecurities drove a swift stake through the "heart" of twit, dictor's overwhelming pathologies and the charming, conscienceless skills that he so confidently employed built a min-us-tray no other sociopath could maintain. There was no team in vic. There was no genuine human goodness or kindness in him either. There was only a black hole of the worst of sociopathic mankind at every level. Glad we made it out. Some never will..............peace.

Edited by DontWorryBeHappy

As usual, SkyRider....your post evoked thought about your analogy.

I enjoyed the singles metaphor, and your youthful "Hit-it-outta-da-pahrk" idealism about a Christ-like walk with the spirit.

But, as I reflected upon it it a little more, I think maybe you were much too kind to dictor paul with the Baseball Team Owner metaphor. WAY too kind imo......LOL!

DWBH......I stand corrected. lol

Thanks for "aiming for the fences" and telling us how vpw/twi WAS.

DWBH......I stand corrected. lol

Thanks for "aiming for the fences" and telling us how vpw/twi WAS.

Skyrider

You've been doing exactly that for a LOOOONG time now! So happy to see you still here plugging away blowing the ole ram's horn.

You have made and continue to make a positive difference in many lives through these years!

• Upvote 1

Why the Baseball metaphor, was not vpw a pro-basketball player on a Wisconsin team prior to the NBA?

Just a note, the baseball scenario fits quite correctly.

I really gotta google that vpw and pro basketball thing - just seems I don't give a dang that much.

Why the Baseball metaphor, was not vpw a pro-basketball player on a Wisconsin team prior to the NBA?

Just a note, the baseball scenario fits quite correctly.

I really gotta google that vpw and pro basketball thing - just seems I don't give a dang that much.

MRAP......Dictor never spent one minute in professional Basketball anywhere. He never invented the hook shot either. How long ago were you in twit?

DWBH - I known that vpw did not have a basketball career, it was a joke on vpw's ascertation to the fact - googling it too is a joke as I don't need to search for info that has already been revealed. The joke I was attempting to make was why the comparison to baseball when it should be basketball because of vpw.

DWBH, you ask: How long ago was I in twit; I was in twi from 1972 to 1977.

DWBH: What's your point regarding how long ago I was in twit?

DWBH - I known that vpw did not have a basketball career, it was a joke on vpw's ascertation to the fact - googling it too is a joke as I don't need to search for info that has already been revealed. The joke I was attempting to make was why the comparison to baseball when it should be basketball because of vpw.

I don't know about DWBH, but count me in as curious about when you were "in" TWI. And whether you are "in" an offshoot. Just curious. My cats taught me to be curious. I blame them.

• Upvote 1

A person's recollection of TWI is colored by the period in which he took part. You were in "before my time" (1978-1997. You were out long before things turned noticeably sour, though, I suppose, if you were sharp, you would have seen a dichotomy between TWI doctrine and practice, even then.

George

• 1 year later...
On 9/30/2015 at 5:06 PM, GeorgeStGeorge said:

A person's recollection of TWI is colored by the period in which he took part. You were in "before my time" (1978-1997. You were out long before things turned noticeably sour, though, I suppose, if you were sharp, you would have seen a dichotomy between TWI doctrine and practice, even then.

George

George, I was in from 1978-1988.  I don't think I was all that sharp, but you are so right; there was a huge difference in doctrine, and practice.  I noticed it on the WOW field in particular.  People spoke about the love of God frequently, yet I rarely saw it being practiced.