GreaseSpot Cafe

"free time"

waysider

When I was in-rez at Gunnison, and I had a little time to myself, I'd sneak up into the library... nobody else ever went there... and read the reproductions of old dime novels that were there.

Love,

Steve

Spirit of seduction. I'd better alert leadership right away.

When I was in-rez at Gunnison, and I had a little time to myself, I'd sneak up into the library... nobody else ever went there... and read the reproductions of old dime novels that were there.

Love,

Steve

That was a great use of free time. Novels! I had no idea they had any out there in CO.

The only time ever given to inrez corps was "self-structured."

Note to self: THAT should have been a red flag of things to come.

Yes! Self-structured, not "free" time! Geez louise, don't ya know that if we call it "free time" it would connote that the rest of our time was in bondage, and a good Way follower "freely" avails himself to the ministry. I said, FREELY! Now no more questions until after session 12 please!

Edited by Broken Arrow

[qu"ote name=skyrider' date='20 September 2015 - 06:35 PM' timestamp='1442788552' post='568819]

The only time ever given to inrez corps was "self-structured."

Note to self: THAT should have been a red flag of things to come.

Well, then, that's what I did wrong! I never joined the "inrez corps". I was merely a lowlife lowly pond scum twit wife.

Self-structured, yeah, right.

Structure your time around: doing your laundry, fixing your clothes if they needed repair, waxing your boots if going LEAD, writing to your spiritual partners, catching up on sleep, get ready for the next meeting in a few hours, etc. Not too much to do I suppose, bearing in mind that you weren't allowed off campus without express permission and another person to accompany you (you'd also need transport). Yep, one's whole world encompassed by the boundaries of a small farm in NK.

And don't forget that that was only for a few months - when preps for the Rock started, there was even less free time.

Free time on the 74/75 WOW field was 24 hours a week, I would start it on Saturday moring and used it to make money at the auto shop so we had some $ for decent food for the family and then in the evening just walk around down town Oshkosh, WI - I would see my fellow branch folks coming outa bars and just figured they were witnessing since drinking on the field was not allowed - later I found out that was their free time - they were the smart ones and I was the dumb foot to not at least stop in for a drink.