GreaseSpot Cafe

A new class

STAYAWAY

My neighbor down the street just informed me of a new class starting called THE RENEWED MIND . using papa docs whereholes crap again ! he is telling me that there is aprox 18 belivers in the south florida area. thats still too many fools to be around might be time to move !!!!!

You probably won't see many new faces. Offshoots seem to be filled with old TWI believers, pining for the good old days that never were.

A group of 18 could stay around for quite a while.

It's very unlikely that, over that time, they could recruit

an additional 18 to replace them over the decades

as old age and other things get them. The zeitgeist that

surged members in twi in the 70s and early 80s is

stone cold, and the adherents are lukewarm at best.

So, over time, this "problem" is self-correcting.

If any are still of childbearing age, we might see some

raising their kids that way, but that's it. Then again,

if they're that loyal, they may have absorbed vpw's visible

bias against everyone in twi having children (except the

top cadre) and had none at all.

Maybe this isn't a new class for new people. The name of it makes me think it is for existing "grads" of PFAL or whatever foundational class they took. It's a lot easier to get 18 existing students to cough up some money from those who are already part of the fold then to scrounge up a few brand new people and charge them for something they really don't want. Existing believers are probably hankering for something "new". It's been a long time for them and I think it would be relatively easy to squeeze them for the fee(s). Voila - a new income source.

My neighbor down the street just informed me of a new class starting called THE RENEWED MIND . using papa docs whereholes crap again ! he is telling me that there is aprox 18 belivers in the south florida area. thats still too many fools to be around might be time to move !!!!!

Sounds to me like brazen propaganda and indoctrination.

• 2 weeks later...

Back in the 90s I was watching the comedy channel one night and this girl was on stage and she said, "Somebody I work with told me she took a class that really changed her life and would I be interested. I said Sure, I'll join your cult." Definitely got some laughs.

Back in the 90s I was watching the comedy channel one night and this girl was on stage and she said, "Somebody I work with told me she took a class that really changed her life and would I be interested. I said Sure, I'll join your cult." Definitely got some laughs.

"Comedy Central presents Maria Bamford (2001)."

ALMOST in the 90s.

"Hey, Maria. I've been taking this class that's really changed my life.

Would you like to come to a newcomer's class at 7:30pm?

There's no obligation, and it's free!"

"S-sure I'll join your cult."

The scene where they try to put the squeeze on her to pay for a not-free

class with obligations is totally worth seeing.

Newcomer's class? We used to call those public exes. If that's her, she is blonde. I usually remember stuff like that from where I was at the time. I moved from MI to MO in early 2000. Don't remember anything about her actually going to a meeting, but it could be as you say. I remember thinking OK they're on to us.

Back in the 70s and early 80s, when I first was in twi, we seemed to get a lot of class signups on the spot. A witnesser would tell them, "Oh, this class will totally change your life, c'mon, whaddaya say...?" But after that people needed to come to a fellowship and start hanging out with us first. Makes more sense.