GreaseSpot Cafe

Reason for Way D?

Bolshevik

The Way Disciple Program (analog to WOW program), if that's what it still is called is that still done? (I'm assuming it is).

TWI hasn't grown in decades. Yet it still does witnessing events and activities.

Why?

Is it really to get more people in or is it just for show? Is there some legal reason to avoid taxes? To entertain the thinking of the old-timers (which is most everyone involved)?

I think it is mostly for show and to keep the tax-exempt status intact. I doubt that they have very much fruit. It also provides a way for the numerous (HA!) Apprentice Corps to spend part of their interim year. It provides the nostalgia that the old-timers have for their now-grown children to do a supposedly similar to WOW program...however, six months is hardly time to actually build anything. Speaking from my own experience as a WOW, six months would have been a much easier time to serve, but would have made it difficult to find housing. Most people want a year's lease.

If it operates like it did,

then you have 6 months where the participants bear all expenses,

and pay an entrance fee to do so.

If they produce zero classes, that's still a net gain in money.

If they produce any classes, that's found money.

And the participants are too busy to realize they're exploited.

• Upvote 1

I doubt that they have very much fruit.

I was talking with a friend the other day who had visited a fellowship Earl Burt*n held in Virginia recently. This friend was impressed... in a NOT good way... by how now 30 years after Wierwille died and nearly as long ago as all the offshoots started "the exodus," this fellowship meeting was run exactly the same as the stale old fellowships in the mid-1980s. The decor -- classic Wierwille worship -- included portraits of VPee on the walls and chairs arranged in rows (probably using string lines to ensure they were straight). Cornucopias for "abundant sharing."

I asked this friend if it looked like there were any young (new) people there. S/he said it looked only like perhaps grown children of former wayfers.

NO effing way I could sit through one of those meetings anymore without some visceral physical reaction.

[snip] " this fellowship meeting was run exactly the same as the stale old fellowships in the mid-1980s. The decor -- classic Wierwille worship -- included portraits of VPee on the walls and chairs arranged in rows (probably using string lines to ensure they were straight). Cornucopias for "abundant sharing."

I asked this friend if it looked like there were any young (new) people there. S/he said it looked only like perhaps grown children of former wayfers.

[snip]

The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth thereof.

what was even the purpose or definition of WD to begin with?

I think I have found it.

It is .. a half way house to place ones offspring, in the hope that they will leave the nest..

I know of one particular case where the child became so sick from separation from Parents that they were allowed to go back home..