GreaseSpot Cafe

All about the RESEARCH

shortfuse

On 12/10/2017 at 11:20 PM, Grace Valerie Claire said:

We had to produce one of those every week too.

I missed all this crap.  I started going to fellowship in Nov 1995, and had a really terrific fellowship coordinator that had a big heart for God, His Word, and the people.  Even my branch coordinator, while being a bit of a buffoon, had a huge heart.

I understood very early that what I did with my money as far as ABS goes, is between me and God.  And while I appreciated the recommendations about how to "schedule the adversary out", I never shared my personal schedule with anyone, and was never asked to either.

You people really went through a $hit storm!

On 12/23/2017 at 10:36 PM, Taxidev said:

Believe it or not, there is no more research at TWI.  They are doing exactly this - rewording what VPW has done.  There are only so many book reports on the same book before it gets mundane, especially with the bleaching done to the STS teachings by Rosalie.  I stopped getting the STS CDs because they were putting me to sleep.  My local fellowship has better teachings, so I still go there.

"Re-search" is the term they use so they can say "research" without meaning "research".  Obviously a less than clever obfuscation.  I learned the term when directly asking HQ leadership where the research was done.

Yes, they don't want anyone to do actual review of VPW's "work", or think it can be understood and adapted without leadership's oversight and approval.  Let alone incorporated into any growing, developing, constantly modified body of knowledge.

Clearly not an organizations that can differentiate between life and death.

28 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

"Re-search" is the term they use so they can say "research" without meaning "research".  Obviously a less than clever obfuscation.  I learned the term when directly asking HQ leadership where the research was done.

Yes, they don't want anyone to do actual review of VPW's "work", or think it can be understood and adapted without leadership's oversight and approval.  Let alone incorporated into any growing, developing, constantly modified body of knowledge.

Clearly not an organizations that can differentiate between life and death.

From my perspective, those who have truly done "re-search" on VPW's works have found high levels of plagiarism and low levels of scholarship.  And the scholarship which was done was not done by VPW, but stolen by him and the names removed from the work like JCPS. 

And now they aren't doing ANY research beyond consistency comparisons in teachings?

I guess they are saying they are the Dead Sea.  With a new class.

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds"  - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

• Upvote 1