GreaseSpot Cafe

Why isn't TWI as big as it was in the 1970s?

Bolshevik

Do tell? :biglaugh:/>/>

Someone who comes on this open forum and hides in the shadows

and makes insinuating remarks?

Do tell? Are you a wierwille-defender? Did some corps guy marry your girlfriend?

What? You were involved around 1973 or so? What are you 66 years old and are

now coming to the realization that wierwille's cult was really messed up?

Do tell? :biglaugh:/>/>

Your post seems evidence enough of what "good" the Rev. title appears to have done for you.

So, my previous "generalization" stands.

One of the really nice features about Greasespot Café and its open forum

has been the in-depth discussions for the past 15 years.

With 143 pages of threads.....it's been really great insight

into hundreds upon hundreds of vantage points.

So many who've passed thru these doors are now into another phase of life

and involvement.

Your post seems evidence enough of what "good" the Rev. title appears to have done for you.

WOW.....is that how those "biblical keys to research" have helped you discern?

What about the "Dr." title? Oooohh......it must REALLY be bad then,

according to your "generalization" methods.

The only evidence I see is y'all arguing. You're newer and a few people might have nitpicked some of your early posts and you came in strong still are.

It happens. But the valuable part of the discussion is on the other side of all this shiz

WOW.....is that how those "biblical keys to research" have helped you discern?

according to your "generalization" methods.

Sarcasm on the internet seldom plays out like it does in my head before I post. I know this discussion is escalated but it would be great if we could chill a bit before continuing

The only evidence I see is y'all arguing. You're newer and a few people might have nitpicked some of your early posts and you came in strong still are.

It happens. But the valuable part of the discussion is on the other side of all this shiz

Chockfull.....yeah, I like discussions that have in-depth value.

Even when I link a thought-provoking thread to TLC's question....his response

is to fire back with broad generalizations and accusations.

We've seen these drive-by posters in the past. No biggie.

Maybe he will stick around and add some substance. Maybe not.

Obviously, he doesn't want to engage in open discussion.

Oh well. I got to get back to work.

Edited by skyrider

There are plenty of Dr.'s in the world that don't use it or go by it in their social circles. So, even if legit, one need not demand usage of it.

I am neither a defender, an endorser, or a viscous critic of VPW. There's plenty enough others around that fit that bill, and at this point, I just don't think my opinion will add or subtract anything to what's already known and been said about him here. (And I'm well aware of most of it. Have been for some time now.)

Chockfull.....yeah, I like discussions that have in-depth value.

Even when I link a thought-provoking thread to TLC's question....his response

is to fire back with broad generalizations and accusations.

Why take it so personal? Do you think I knew (or even cared) whether or not you were a "Rev"?

The "accusation" as you call it, was merely a generalized observation. Why you took it as being (or intentioned) as something more than that, I don't know.

You're newer and a few people might have nitpicked some of your early posts and you came in strong still are.

Yeah, I'm not without my share of faults. I suppose being a wuss isn't one of them.

GSC is a real minefield. Damned if you do, damned if you don't say anything in "such and such" a manner.

Advise for coming to GSC:

Forget what you learned in session#7.

It's O.K. to consider other viewpoints.

You'll have to entertain(?) me with what was in session#7, as I don't remember.

I've moved on from fair number of things that were taught in PFAL, but evidently you haven't figured that out yet.

(fair number = enough that I don't care to recount or try to remember them all at this point in time.)

There seems to be an inherent prejudice in this forum that presumes anybody not crawling in here with an arm and a leg missing must be a TWI supporter. Maybe that's because it's happened so much that it seems normal to y'all. But, it seems rather strange to me.

(edited "the" to "that")

Edited by TLC

TLC posted:

"I am neither a defender, an endorser, or a viscous critic of VPW. There's plenty enough others around that fit that bill, and at this point, I just don't think my opinion will add or subtract anything to what's already known and been said about him here. (And I'm well aware of most of it. Have been for some time now.)

TLC would you please be so kind as to respond to the following?

"TLC......TY on behalf of all "the younger readers here". We all your appreciate your stepping in voluntarily as the wise old sage under the guise of asking questions (my opinion), seeming to want to encourage contemplative, objective critical thought and hindsight. However, when re-read and followed closely, they are not contemplative at all IMO. Rather, they are combative and filled with YOUR personal recollections and opinions stated as if they are indeed factual. When confronted with these matters of fact, having no logical retort, you resort to the old tried and true logical fallacies of the ad hominem attack, straw man arguments, false equivalencies, false choices, and red herring arguments quickly get thrown around, again under a guise of encouraging contemplative, objective critical thought, but in actuality, setting up another combat zone to stake out whichever ground it is you desire to own or represent. Why? What is your reasoning behind these writings? What is your objective in posting them here?"

I asked you this back on page 6. Since you posted today that "you are neither a defender, endorser or vicious critic.........

I just don't think my opinion will add or subtract anything to what's already known and been said about him here. (And I'm well aware of most of it.

Have been for some time now.)" If indeed these are your thoughts why do you bother posting here at all? What are you seeking to accomplish other than shoving both feet in your mouth and whining when asked what you are trying to communicate? Then, when you deflect and issue your next non-answer you cry that some mystical presence here at the GSC disables you from doing so without picking fights instead of making points? Then, it's our fault for pointing out discrepancies in what YOU write instead of YOU explaining what you are trying to say. It is becoming tiresome to try and engage you in meaningful dialogue.

If indeed these are your thoughts why do you bother posting here at all?

I'm wondering that myself. Given the meanness and viciousness that's been on display here (in this thread), it must have been a brain fart on my part.

I didn't realize that wolf packs hunt here.

It is becoming tiresome to try and engage you in meaningful dialogue.

So what. Call out the dogs and throw me out if you want. Obviously I don't know anything that you have any need or use for.

Summary of what was taught in session #7:

Eve engaged in contemplative thought. Look what happened to her. You do want to meet a similar fate, do you?

Ah, the original sin, taught rather haphazardly at that.

I doubt I'll be much troubled with sorrow in bringing forth children, but I suppose that's not what you meant.

As far as what else transpired, we were all enslaved to our senses, the end of which is death.

Knowing or seeing anything beyond that is another matter, not appropriate for this thread.

Ah, the original sin, taught rather haphazardly at that.

I doubt I'll be much troubled with sorrow in bringing forth children, but I suppose that's not what you meant.

As far as what else transpired, we were all enslaved to our senses, the end of which is death.

Knowing or seeing anything beyond that is another matter, not appropriate for this thread.

This where we began on this thread. Or near there.

It's a good topic --> The plastic faces of cult followers and why that is.

It's extremely appropriate.

I'm wondering that myself. Given the meanness and viciousness that's been on display here (in this thread), it must have been a brain fart on my part.

I didn't realize that wolf packs hunt here.

So what. Call out the dogs and throw me out if you want. Obviously I don't know anything that you have any need or use for.

Hmmm......metaphors, schmetaphors.

Minefields, wolf packs......oh my! :biglaugh:

How about this? A tough guy (not a wuss, as you said) walks into the Café

and makes his way to a side bar. Along the way he elbows a couple of patrons

and insults a waitress to get her attention.....yet that's not enough. So,

he grunts and spits on the floor. Oh no, people here just "so mean."

As more stare and wonder what the heck this tough guy (according to him, he's

not a wuss) is doing.....he eggs on the onlookers to throw his a$$ out.

Look at the mistreatment he stammers.......as he pees on the floor. :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I'm not without my share of faults. I suppose being a wuss isn't one of them.

GSC is a real minefield. Damned if you do, damned if you don't say anything in "such and such" a manner.

Leaving TWI and all of its mental influences and tentacles into everything including interpersonal relation skills is a real minefield. Don't sweat it overall - argue with people, don't whatever you choose take time for perspective get your real self and views out. People here are sensitive, but everyone is. I find myself more sensitive on certain topics than I thought I was. But really the value is just past all that.

I'm still sticking with adultery and the internet as reasons TWI isn't big now. And with my other original question "If a tree falls in a forest and nobody hears it do the Sunday Services still suck?"

Leaving TWI and all of its mental influences and tentacles into everything including interpersonal relation skills is a real minefield. Don't sweat it overall - argue with people, don't whatever you choose take time for perspective get your real self and views out. People here are sensitive, but everyone is. I find myself more sensitive on certain topics than I thought I was. But really the value is just past all that.

Yeah.....leaving twi is what adds to the conversation around here.

But really.....I wouldn't doubt it one bit if TLC and I agree on 75-80%

of those things. Heck, I'd buy him a beer or two....if he'd just slow

down and drop the defensive posture.

After 15 years of Waydale and GSC.....I would be surprised if there is anything new

that hasn't been covered 50 times or more. And, we've had our share of scuffles,

food-fights, hotheads, drive-byes, righteous rivals, disgruntles, those who flame

the corps/clergy and those who claim everyone at this café is possessed.

But after a week or two.....this thread will slowly, but surely, fade into the

storage bin and few will ever take the time to read all 9 pages. Picture the

end of that movie, Raiders of the Lost Arc [ie stored in warehouse].

They do sell beer in this joint, don't they? :beer:/>

Edited by skyrider
  • Upvote 1

of those things. Heck, I'd buy him a beer or two....if he'd just slow

After 15 years of Waydale and GSC.....I would be surprised if there is anything new

that hasn't been covered 50 times or more. And, we've had our share of scuffles,

food-fights, hotheads, drive-byes, righteous rivals, disgruntles, those who flame

the corps/clergy and those who claim everyone at this café is possessed.

But after a week or two.....this thread will slowly, but surely, fade into the

storage bin and few will ever take the time to read all 9 pages. Picture the

end of that movie, Raiders of the Lost Arc [ie stored in warehouse].

They do sell beer in this joint, don't they? :beer:/>/>

I'd like to hear more from TLC. Views like his are more valuable.

Thank you.

Objection to the "more" valuable aside (seriously... did you have to pile anything higher or deeper on that?), if you have something specific in mind related to this topic, you're always free to ask, but there's always the risk that I might not answer at all, or in as straightforward a manner as you (or somebody else here) would appreciate. I'm not trying to be mean, illusive, or aloof. (But who's kidding who? Those things can certainly be egged on and drawn out of me at times, 'cause I ain't as perfect as I'd like to be.) If I don't want to discuss something (for any number of reasons, including the right to preserve anonymity), then please allow me to pass on it. And, should it even need to be said, using various forms of coercion, goading, flank straps, or electric prods usually don't work well.

of those things.

Maybe so. Might find out if I stick around long enough.

Heck, I'd buy him a beer or two....if he'd just slow

Maybe I wouldn't have to have a defensive posture if a few here weren't tryin' so hard to put a horn in my arse.

Maybe so. Might find out if I stick around long enough.

Maybe I wouldn't have to have a defensive posture if a few here weren't tryin' so hard to put a horn in my arse.

Sometimes I think you are a bit snarky....but even so, I'm not trying to put a horn in your foot!