GreaseSpot Cafe

Wierwille's Binary Fixation

skyrider

In wierwille's world, everything was composed of two elements.....two diverging extremes.

Time and time again, we were introduced into this binary classification that wierwille fixated

and taught to his followers. According to vpw, God showed him those who had "white hearts or

black hearts"......what? no grey hearts of those approaching being born again?

The pfal class was Binary Foundation 101. If you were a pfal grad, then you were welcomed in

door #1......congratulated, accepted, family, buzzword-compliant, filled with holy spirit, and

planning to go WOW. If you were not a pfal grad nor had any interest of taking it, then you

were relegated to door #2......"an empty floating by," worldly, vain, and a black heart. Of

course, no one in twi bothered to substantiate any facts regarding the latter category.....

it was just easier to label things into an us-versus-them.

The intermediate class was the stickler in twi's binary world. If someone took the intermediate

class and said, "That's enough for me -- I'm good" ......then this binary classification just

didn't compute. What? You can't stop in the middle. It's the "intermediate" class. You are

not FULLY INSTRUCTED unless you've taken the advanced class. Why wouldn't you want to learn

the other six manifestations and walk in ALL the power?

The advanced class was the free-pass to stroll thru twi's grounds with a nice, green nametag.

You wore it proudly, and often......especially during rock of ages. You had "arrived" and

wanted others to know. The intermediate level was a wilderness where there was no special

recognition or nametag.....who would want to stay there? Advanced class grads were treated

with respect and granted a special meeting with the mog at rock of ages.

Years later, Advanced Class Specials were instituted.

See the new-found emphasis and treatment at this level? :biglaugh:

But wait.....there's another binary classification that trumps all others: Corps vs. non-corps.

Now, of course, in public gatherings [ie big events, roa] there is NO discussion of this. Why?

Simply put, the vast majority of $$$$$ comes from advanced class grads....those who consistently

hold down a job and faithfully send in 15%. But in closed corps meetings.....wierwille flaunted

"his corps" as God's crack troops, the spiritual elite. Corps grads became department leaders,

branch coordinators, limb coordinators, musicians on staff, etc.

Honorary corps grad status was given to many who never went thru the corps program.

What? Being around twi for 30 years and clergy wasn't enough for some. Even Don

and Howard were bestowed the honorary corps grad status in a public ceremony.

At peak level, there were FIVE corps training location in the USA and one in Scotland.....

when wierwille went to his grave. Corps were everywhere....and yet, no where without

wierwille's leadership. He scoffed at corps grads doing biblical research. He fumed

when corps grads had independent thought and/or dissent. He publically scorned any

corps/clergy musicians that showed over-confidence without his direction.

In the end, I seriously doubt that wierwille believed the scripture

regarding "members in particular, in the Body of Christ."

Wierwille was fixated on "his way or the highway"......

a binary classification that he never resolved.

Yeah.....like "a hand in a glove" the twi-interpretation of scripture

fits nicely into twi's tree structure of manipulation and control.

Ever notice how much of wierwille's idioms [ie hand in a glove, way tree,

cop out] were not based on scripture?

To me, I just refuted wierwille's binary fixation throughout my involvement:

1) Why should I put away all my other reading material after pfal? I was in college.

2) Why would I disown or marginalize my parents? Scripture says to honor father and mother.

3) Why heap disparagingly on other Christians? Aren't they, too, in the One Body?

4) Why have the dichotomy between corps vs non-corps? I really liked a College Division girl.

5) Why publically castigate corps/clergy in a meeting? Bully tactics and character smears.

6) Why overload hqs with hundreds of corps and clergy? Weren't we trying to "reach the world?"

7) Why close down Word in Business conferences and Word in Culture achievements? Why indeed?

8) Why the hoarding of $64 MILLION when followers are just scraping by? Exploitation indeed.

Thankfully, I realized that I wanted MY HAND back....

....you can keep your "glove" [twi-system of control]

"There's no...CLAP! CLAP!...two ways about it when you labor for the Lord. His way is the only way. None other can you afford."

C'mon everybody, sing with me!

edit: Was that too obtuse? My point is that singing and group participation can be effective tools of persuasion when used correctly, especially if the message has black or white connotations..

Edited by waysider

"There's no...CLAP! CLAP!...two ways about it when you labor for the Lord. His way is the only way. None other can you afford."

edit: Was that too obtuse? My point is that singing and group participation can be effective tools of persuasion INDOCTRINATION when used correctly, especially if the message has black or white connotations..

Isn't that what the singing was all about?

Oh... and waysider, thanks for the earworm! :confused:/>

edit: Was that too obtuse? My point is that singing and group participation can be effective tools of persuasion when used correctly, especially if the message has black or white connotations..

.....(singing) There's a right road, a wrong road

which way [WAY] you headed toward?

Reminds me of my college Marketing 101 class on cigarette marketing:

"You can take Salem out of the country, but (ding).......

[The song stops and your mind fills in the blank as you're left

with the commercial's message planted in your brain.]