GreaseSpot Cafe
year2027

Did Jesus Rise from the Dead?

On 3/9/2019 at 9:23 AM, waysider said:

Girl: "You can't lie on the internet."

Guy: "How do you know?"

Girl: "I read it on the internet."

In other words, you can't use the Bible as proof of itself.

u wrote In other words, you can't use the Bible as proof of itself./ i am using another book and my own experiences as my proof//btw bullingers works shows how numbers r the ultimate signature of God- //as 4 bullingers number in scripture book//in Hebrews for instance the times words like blood r used in multiples of 7--/could be humanly planned- /too difficult for someone to do// only a computer could arrange that 'coincidence' now--

Bullinger believed the earth is flat. Are you SURE you want to rely on his judgment?

34 minutes ago, Raf said:

Bullinger believed the earth is flat. Are you SURE you want to rely on his judgment?

He was also an ultradispensationalist. So there's that, as well.

Now, as to the "computer only" scenario,  I think people tend to ignore how incredibly advanced some ancient civilizations were in their understanding of complex mathematics.

I want to know the source of this "only a computer" claim.

Bullinger supposedly worked backwards, coming up with the significance of numbers through scriptural usage. To marvel at how well it fits is to marvel that a ring is in the exact same shape as the cast in which the gold was poured.