GreaseSpot Cafe

The subtle thread which runs throughout pfal

skyrider

Sometimes, in an open discussion forum.....a side-tangent erupts that adds great insight

to deeper thought-provoking questions. Therefore, rather than seeing this topic get lost

and buried into hundreds of other threads...it needs its own thread.

Hi All!

My 2 cents FWIW...... I think that entire rap about the drunk showing up at choich, whether invented or real, is part of a subtle thread which runs throughout piffle. It's like the red thread. What is it? An attempt by vic to pre-emptively mitigate the accusations which had been thrown at him effectively before this filming project in late 1967. Namely that, vic was a drunk and a "womanizer". These went as far back as Van Wert and were definitely part of why the UCC dangcanned him. They fired him and then he wrote his "resignation" letter in August, 1956 or 57.

Upon moving it all back to the family farm where he grew up in New Knoxville, the locals, who couldn't stand young vic when he lived among them, were not shaking their heads that the boy was fired by the Church for drinking and carousing with his young secretary Rhoda Beckett, a Mennonite from NY, along with others in his congregation. The "rumors" were quite effective because first of all, they were factual, and secondly, the NK residents were quite well aware of vic's varied peccadilloes while he terrorized the town's girls and bullied the boys. So, when he returned to the family farm after being fired by the UCC, H.E. bought up the shares of the other siblings, and he was back home facing the reputation he had made for himself as a young man in town and the rumors, which everyone knew were true, of why the church fired him. And so the feud was rekindled and continues today even though no wierwilles are left in twit.

Piffle was filmed in Dayton. The biggest fellowships were in Troy, Xenia, and several towns surrounding New Knoxville like Sidney and St. Mary's. Vic's church along with all the whispers about the fired UCC guy who had his own church now. The rumors never stopped and now followed him wherever he went. So, he constantly did everything he could to squelch, deny, and minimalize the rumors even in piffle. Examples? The drunk story. Vic was a boozer since high school. Everybody knew it. He'd get dangfaced and race his motorcycle all over the place doing "tricks" and scaring people. He was the prankster, practical joker who consistently ....ed people off. The NKers knew all this. So did Shelby and auglaize county sheriffs. So, the whole drunk story was throw in there not to teach grace but rather to obviate vic's "license to sin" practice of grace. How did he respond to the drunk guy incident? He became one! But, we don't need to confront him. We need to love and forgive him by god's grace just like vic

Did for the drunk and like Jesus does for you. "That's the living thing to do."

Then, in that section in Acts where he's "handling" Paul's thorn in the flesh. Remember? "Whaddya think his back looked

like? Whaddya think his back looked like? Why some even accused the great Apostle Paul of being a sex pervert! A sex pervert! Imagine that? Well I'd sure as heck would need to be absolutely sure I was right before I'd lay something like that at the feet of the greatest apostle in the first century church! That's riiight! A sex pervert! Lordy Pete!". Sound familiar? Interesting he'd throw that one specific charge in there that is NOT recorded anywhere in scripture. Again, a pre-emotive strike to obviate the other FACT about Vic that followed him his whole life. A drunken molester of women and a bully. And, the pre-emptive obviating was quite effective all through the 70's. But, then the facts caught up with them all, and down fell the cradle, baby and all. Vic was ALWAYS on alert. But the young jerks like da forehead, Beence finnegan, wrenn, lynn, and a bunch of other young turks were lazy. They had it handed to them and thought it was their right. Didn't take long before they all got caught and when the heat started turning on Vic, he retired and got outta dodge. And, when he died he left Geer behind to take it all back from the guys who screwed it all up......his oldest biological son Don, his best friend Howard, and his best student da forehead. He died a "winner" and took his balls to the grave with him. Which is why his son Don, at the end of a Yak Twig meeting in the motorcycle shed in 1986, tearfully screamed......"He's .... dead and still he tortures me from the grave!". Nice legacy.

• Like 1

Then....I posted this.

Brilliant post, DWBH......thanks!

Through the years, I've thought about the strategy of pfal and how certain teaching points,

stories, or off-the-cuff zingers [ie....preemptive strikes] were strategically placed.

1) The mother feared the death of her little boy....and one day, it happened.

2) All the women in the kingdom.....belong to the king.

3) The town drunk who showed up at church....don't judge, you've never walked in his shoes.

4) If you go after the man of God....his life, his work, his tie....get down to bare facts.

5) I would need to read it line by line....before calling the great Apostle Paul a sex pervert.

6) Billboard sign -- millions now smoking.....subliminal message from a smoker?

Some things seemed like pre-emptive strikes....and other times, when he was dismissive of things,

he was simply ignoring it for reasons that railroaded his sociopathic agendas.

Imo, that SAME pre-emptive strike was used when wierwille talked about critics [#4 above]

who "go after the man of God" in a personal way.....his life, his clothes, his tie....

"pretty soon we get down to bare facts" (delivered for audience applause & laughter).

Translation: Wierwille and his personal life is off-limits from public scrutiny.

• Upvote 2

From what I recall, the "banner year", the year the "great mystery" got out was 1974-75. First interim year 4th corpse assigned to way prod and/or HQ, 4th corpse in Rez for their 2nd year, 1st year in-Rez 5th, 1st corpse back for first sabbatical year, and the first special or family corpse ALL were at HQ. That year, vic taught Ephesians on corpse nights. After the grace teaching early on, overt wife swapping and sexual affairs popped up all over the place. Some people left, some were "kicked out", several couples divorced and others ran off with one another.....a real zoo. By the time I returned from my interim year in NC the cover-up was full throttle. But before vic put the kibosh on ANY discussion re: the Ephesians teachings were restricted to the research dept., Cliff Adelman sat me down at the Ochs house where he lived on his interim year and tearfully recounted some of the stuff the happened to our good friends in the fifth corps. My choice was to stick with Vic and Howard's line: "If you did not see it you don't know". That was the year Gary Donhoff of the 5th corpse was killed in a car wreck coming back to HQ from a "snack run" during the Klenz. Vic accused all who cheated on the Klenz of MURDER! John Knave, the driver was basically banished. His marriage broke up and his wife got involved with another 5th corpse married man. Both of them eventually got tossed too and both marriages were ended. One of them died a horrible death from gastric ca. One horror story after another. The piffle red thread was becoming a Persian tapestry of sexual promiscuity, adultery, and death. It continued downhill from there and vic went to the grave with the red thread now a red brick road through the heart of twit.

Edited by DontWorryBeHappy
  • Upvote 1

From what I recall, the "banner year", the year the "great mystery" got out was 1974-75. First interim year 4th corpse assigned to way prod and/or HQ, 4th corpse in Rez for their 2nd year, 1st year in-Rez 5th, 1st corpse back for first sabbatical year, and the first special or family corpse ALL were at HQ. That year, vic taught Ephesians on corpse nights. After the grace teaching early on, overt wife swapping and sexual affairs popped up all over the place. Some people left, some were "kicked out", several couples divorced and others ran off with one another.....a real zoo. By the time I returned from my interim year in NC the cover-up was full throttle. But before vic put the kibosh on ANY discussion re: the Ephesians teachings were restricted to the research dept., Cliff Adelm@n sat me down at the Ochs house where he lived on his interim year and tearfully recounted some of the stuff the happened to our good friends in the fifth corps. My choice was to stick with Vic and Howard's line: "If you did not see it you don't know". That was the year Gary Donh0ff of the 5th corpse was killed in a car wreck coming back to HQ from a "snack run" during the Klenz. Vic accused all who cheated on the Klenz of MURDER! John Kn@ve, the driver was basically banished. His marriage broke up and his wife got involved with another 5th corpse married man. Both of them eventually got tossed too and both marriages were ended. One of them died a horrible death from gastric ca. One horror story after another. The piffle red thread was becoming a Persian tapestry of sexual promiscuity, adultery, and death. It continued downhill from there and vic went to the grave with the red thread now a red brick road through the heart of twit.

Amazing and depressing......the more I hear of wierwille's wholesale destruction of people's lives

it astounds me that a solid core of enablers kept the leaks from bursting thru.

Some of that Donh0ff/Kn@ve account is in Karl's book, The Cult that Snapped.

Edit: In case moderators come by to expunge names, I diffused their identities.

• Upvote 1

So basically,

Study up on psychopathic thinking. EXAMPLE

Then look at every story and topic in PFAL as a psychopath would use it for their purposes.

Nailed it. People often don't realize that psychopaths' career choices are not limited to becoming serial murderers.

Wouldn't it be interesting to find a forensic psychiatrist/psychologist who would volunteer to examine as much as can be known about Wierwille to actually get a professional evaluation of whether he was a psychopath.

Bolshevik's link suggests pretty strongly that he was.

• 4 weeks later...

Skyrider, thanks for starting this thread and your comments.

Bolshevik, thanks for the link to the characteristics of a cult leader – that's like the TV Guide for Grease Spot.

Don't Worry, your details from the anals of TWIstory are always a lot to take in – for me it's another bitter pill to swallow but also necessary treatment for Way-brain; thankfully the cure is not worse than the disease!

I've said this before – that VP's doctrine and lifestyle were like a virus – a wormlike infection to the unsuspecting mind – and it's my opinion that any offshoots of TWI pose the same risk of contagion.

From what I've read on viruses – I understand they are parasitic and I will now use an Amplified Bible technique to "expound" the greatness of this:

the virus (PFAL) attaches to a host cell (the mind of a PFAL student), injects its genetic material into the cell (the student absorbs the essential elements to replicate the mindset of VP) ), then the host cell (the mind of the PFAL student) uses the genetic material (essential elements to replicate the mindset of VP) to make new viruses (hopefully the new PFAL grad will want to run more PFAL classes) ; when the infected cell reproduces (PFAL grad shares what they know / witnesses, etc.) – it's not always an exact copy – so there's mutations which can either weaken or strengthen the virus....I do apologize - that wound up being more complicated then the great principle.

I see a lot of similarities in how my mind initially absorbed the PFAL material and as my involvement developed – and being encouraged to "make it my own" the "infection" took hold - it spread and mutated. It's not just studying or memorizing the PFAL scripture references, VP's bogus word definitions / translations / interpretations – it's also being captivated by his subtle anecdotal "messages" Skyrider and Don't Worry pointed out; thus VP has succeeded in heading off at the pass any criticism from such a devoted follower as myself. And if I've truly made PFAL my own in all of its morally stupefying glory and work my way up TWI's hierarchy – I tend to think there's a good possibility of VP's traits being reflected in my leadership as well.

There are obvious symptoms of being infected with the Ebola virus and it can be easily identified under a microscope…In order to identify the infectious "threads" of PFAL, folks will have to fire up their critical thinking engines….and if they want out (out of TWI or even out of their mental prisons) they should brace themselves for some bitter pills to swallow.

== == == ==

offtopic.gif/>

On a side note: years ago an administrator at a zoo loaned me a book The Hot Zone by Richard Preston which tells the true story of the first emergence of the Ebola virus – from central African Rain Forest and showing up in Washington D.C. – that was really scary stuff!!! The appearance of the Ebola virus in Dallas, Texas not too long ago was a little scary too. It was like deja vu all over again.

The Hot Zone on Amazon

• Upvote 1

To give someone the complete picture of TWI, it's sort of like the telling of a twisted Tale of Two Cities. It's the story of the long and arduous journey of PFAL grads being demoralized by the aristocracy of TWI. The "benefits" of this "dual citizenship" is enough to break the spirit of anyone if they stayed around long enough.

On the surface resides the pristine community of Overt TWI – all prim and proper like – they've got a convincing dialect down pat – a mix of jargon and Bible verses; this is the place they want to present to tourists – and to maintain the drip-feed of delusion for the faithful – a special Kool-Aid that makes them think they really are living the dream – the more abundant life. Hang in there with me folks – I'll get to Covert TWI in a little bit – first there are some tracks to cover up – uhm…er…ahem…I mean - - first there's some ground to cover.

I think many grads were like me - an honest, perhaps somewhat simple minded type, wanting to make a positive difference in the world – thinking you truly served God and really helped people; when disaster hits this beautiful little world – the tendency for most grads is to look to outside causes rather than within this little world. So the repair and recovery personnel work to shore up the damage to prevent catastrophic failure. There was a grand assumption in place that the repair personnel need not analyze the city's original blueprint nor question the thought process of the founding father (chief architect, city planner, code enforcement department, and general contractor all rolled into one all-knowing…all-seeing....... eyeball....shall we do the VP salute together now wink2.gif/> ).

But you know…once you start questioning this "city hall" it often doesn't take much to figure out there's something wrong in the basement…which reminds me of something Morpheus said in The Matrix : Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world?

Now I grant you - to go from questioning this "dream" I think I'm living out - to actually waking myself up seems like it would take a herculean effort… and it does…so if you have the intestinal fortitude to peek at the underbelly of the beast ( I speak to Grease Spot newcomers and TWI lurkers, of course) then grab a torch and you may now proceed - WITH CAUTION - down the Basement Stairs in a self-guided tour of Covert TWI.....

.....(T-Bone stops at the first landing only a few steps down from the Basement Door- his hand in a long smooth motion gliding over the various forums ) there's oodles of threads on Grease Spot that will thrill and chill you; you will be "thrilled" to realize that some of the those weird "little" incidents you've heard about, or maybe even experienced yourself (I am so sorry to hear that) were just a few pixels in the bigger ugly picture; and it will chill you to the bone how pervasive this wormlike beast was to have carved out such a massive under-structure…there are HUGE caverns – replete with "life" sustaining supply lines from above ground - - -

– (suddenly T-Bone thrusts a finger out as if wielding a knife to rightly divide a loaf of German Dark Wheat Bread) and look there….there…. and way over there – uh huh – those cave-ins show you the starting point where the offshoots and side tunnels strayed off from Overt/Covert TWI – they've built their own above ground facade to take in precious nutrients for the denizens of the deep; you can't get to them from here ....they've taken on a life of their own now...anyway it has the makings of a cool movie franchise like Tremors.

During the months following the passing of the patriarch – I became more and more curious about this Covert TWI. Fortunately the upper leadership in my state had some brains and moral fiber. They were in the process of leaving or had already left TWI. I would hear in greater detail about VP the sexual predator. At one point I even called Don't Worry – I had to hear it from someone I knew and trusted to clinch it for me. It's been a long journey for me – especially getting to the point I could truly see what was really going on in my corps training. See an old post of mine – link below – warning it is NOT for the faint of heart or for those who still think VP was the man of god for this day and time and hour…well at least back in the day.

TWI's Sedative to the Conscience

Before ending my post – I would like to close by saying there were so many good people in TWI as I just mentioned above – and for that I will forever be thankful for their courage, strength and honesty. There's a lot of corps bashing that goes on here – I do it too – but my gripe is about the program itself and any of the self-assuming bozos who want to drive the bus to crazy town (that's Overt and Covert TWI…and so ends my tale of the two cities).

• Upvote 1

To give someone the complete picture of TWI, it's sort of like the telling of a twisted Tale of Two Cities. It's the story of the long and arduous journey of PFAL grads being demoralized by the aristocracy of TWI. The "benefits" of this "dual citizenship" is enough to break the spirit of anyone if they stayed around long enough.

On the surface resides the pristine community of Overt TWI – all prim and proper like – they've got a convincing dialect down pat – a mix of jargon and Bible verses; this is the place they want to present to tourists – and to maintain the drip-feed of delusion for the faithful – a special Kool-Aid that makes them think they really are living the dream – the more abundant life. Hang in there with me folks – I'll get to Covert TWI in a little bit – first there are some tracks to cover up – uhm…er…ahem…I mean - - first there's some ground to cover.

I think many grads were like me - an honest, perhaps somewhat simple minded type, wanting to make a positive difference in the world – thinking you truly served God and really helped people; when disaster hits this beautiful little world – the tendency for most grads is to look to outside causes rather than within this little world. So the repair and recovery personnel work to shore up the damage to prevent catastrophic failure. There was a grand assumption in place that the repair personnel need not analyze the city's original blueprint nor question the thought process of the founding father (chief architect, city planner, code enforcement department, and general contractor all rolled into one all-knowing…all-seeing....... eyeball....shall we do the VP salute together now wink2.gif/> ).

But you know…once you start questioning this "city hall" it often doesn't take much to figure out there's something wrong in the basement…which reminds me of something Morpheus said in The Matrix : Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world?

Now I grant you - to go from questioning this "dream" I think I'm living out - to actually waking myself up seems like it would take a herculean effort… and it does…so if you have the intestinal fortitude to peek at the underbelly of the beast ( I speak to Grease Spot newcomers and TWI lurkers, of course) then grab a torch and you may now proceed - WITH CAUTION - down the Basement Stairs in a self-guided tour of Covert TWI.....

.....(T-Bone stops at the first landing only a few steps down from the Basement Door- his hand in a long smooth motion gliding over the various forums ) there's oodles of threads on Grease Spot that will thrill and chill you; you will be "thrilled" to realize that some of the those weird "little" incidents you've heard about, or maybe even experienced yourself (I am so sorry to hear that) were just a few pixels in the bigger ugly picture; and it will chill you to the bone how pervasive this wormlike beast was to have carved out such a massive under-structure…there are HUGE caverns – replete with "life" sustaining supply lines from above ground - - -

– (suddenly T-Bone thrusts a finger out as if wielding a knife to rightly divide a loaf of German Dark Wheat Bread) and look there….there…. and way over there – uh huh – those cave-ins show you the starting point where the offshoots and side tunnels strayed off from Overt/Covert TWI – they've built their own above ground facade to take in precious nutrients for the denizens of the deep; you can't get to them from here ....they've taken on a life of their own now...anyway it has the makings of a cool movie franchise like Tremors.

During the months following the passing of the patriarch – I became more and more curious about this Covert TWI. Fortunately the upper leadership in my state had some brains and moral fiber. They were in the process of leaving or had already left TWI. I would hear in greater detail about VP the sexual predator. At one point I even called Don't Worry – I had to hear it from someone I knew and trusted to clinch it for me. It's been a long journey for me – especially getting to the point I could truly see what was really going on in my corps training. See an old post of mine – link below – warning it is NOT for the faint of heart or for those who still think VP was the man of god for this day and time and hour…well at least back in the day.

TWI's Sedative to the Conscience

Before ending my post – I would like to close by saying there were so many good people in TWI as I just mentioned above – and for that I will forever be thankful for their courage, strength and honesty. There's a lot of corps bashing that goes on here – I do it too – but my gripe is about the program itself and any of the self-assuming bozos who want to drive the bus to crazy town (that's Overt and Covert TWI…and so ends my tale of the two cities).

The first post to that nearly 10-year old thread:

I've been reviewing a few threads lately and usually the same thought crosses my mind at some point while reading – how much my conscience was anesthetized while in TWI. Sometimes that thought leads me into analyzing the delivery system and the drug that quiets this inner voice. The delivery system is their modeling of "Christian living" by TWI leadership and the sedative to the still small voice is of course TWI's interpretation of the Bible.

I vaguely remember [it's been so long ago] taking the Christian Family and Sex class in my early twenties. That's where I can pinpoint for me VPW showcasing his insidious version of Christian freedom. Watching VPW standing in front of photographs of couples having intercourse saying he's so renewed his mind that he just sees the beauty of that act – or something to that effect. And really – whatever he covered [or uncovered] in that class – be it slang terms, how to do "it", etc. – it was all in such a matter-of-fact casual manner – and my take on it then was, "Wow, he's so cool…A person can renew their mind and not sin in any situation." I can just picture a dad at home yelling "has anyone seen my latest issue of Playboy?" His son's voice answering back through the bathroom door "I'll have it back to you in a few minutes, Dad – I'm almost done renewing my mind."

Fast forward to being in the Family Corps in my early thirties. Sitting in a pajama party – VPW the master of ceremonies showing off his famous doggie porn video, and calling a sixteen year old girl up front to show her a porn pen. The most disturbing aspect of this memory to me now is that no alarms were going off in my head at the time of this incident.

The following is from The Vanishing Conscience by John MacArthur, page 36:

"In 1984 an Avianca Airlines jet crashed in Spain. Investigators studying the accident made an eerie discovery. The black box cockpit recorders revealed that several minutes before impact a shrill, computer-synthesized voice from the plane's automatic warning system told the crew repeatedly in English, "Pull up! Pull up!"

The pilot, evidently thinking the system was malfunctioning snapped, "Shut up, Gringo!" and switched off the system. Minutes later the plane plowed into the side of a mountain. Everyone on board died.

EXCELLENT insight.

It's bad enough that Dictor (as DWBH calls him, but I sometimes call him DickedHer) was showing that stuff to highly impressionable barely legal young women... but also to UNDERAGE female teens in the FC. That's seriously messed up.

How can anyone NOT see his predatory nature now?

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

I debated on which thread to post this - it was a toss-up between the way corps victim…oppressor thread or this one the subtle thread thread rolleyes.gif/> ….since my post extrapolates on the continuation of this insidious wormlike thread after graduating from PFAL I thought I'd post it here…

I assume most new grads of PFAL took the instructions from VP at face value. Speaking for myself, I equated VP saying "you don't go around breaking the 10 commandments" with walking the Word and all the other renewed mind rhetoric in PFAL. I think I was pretty much the Dudley Do-Right type even up to and including my participation in the way corps program. And I believe most of the people I knew in the corps were the same way.

But let's say there's a very ambitious PFAL grad and for some unspoken reason is attracted to the power structure of TWI. As time goes on, let's say they enroll in the way corps program (TWI's version of Police Academy – with a variation – a group of incompetent but good-hearted misfits enter a program that has an incompetent evil-hearted moral misfit for an instructor). How thrilling - to sit at the feet of the "police chief" who will reveal the secrets of the double standard.

Maybe that same ambitious corps grad was the type who couldn't wait to get their "badge" (way corps name tag) and the rest of the accoutrements of power. You'd see them on patrol in their precinct – turning on the squad car lights to race thru traffic and busy intersections to get to their favorite donut shop; afterward they'd have no qualms about writing one of the fine upstanding citizens they "serve" a ticket for a minor traffic violation.

Power corrupts. The absolute truth about the greatest secret in way-world today is that the Power for Abundant Living class corrupts absolutely.

• Upvote 2

• 7 months later...
On 2/17/2016 at 2:12 PM, DontWorryBeHappy said:

....The piffle red thread was becoming a Persian tapestry of sexual promiscuity, adultery, and death. It continued downhill from there and vic went to the grave with the red thread now a red brick road through the heart of twit.

While reviewing this stuff on vp’s subtle thread that runs through PFAL I’ve been thinking about when I first got into TWI. Looking back - comparing his public persona (the man-of-god-façade) with the way he was around the corps – it’s plain to see now what a snake in the grass he really was. Perhaps he took a cue from “the serpent” in Genesis 3.

In the cerebral realm of teacher / student situations (the actual physical setting does not matter) ideas are transmitted and processed. However, vp being the crafty “teacher” that he was - constantly worked at sabotaging the student's processor in order for his ideas to be easily absorbed. He’d get one to doubt their own ability to think for themselves...to not trust one's own faculties.

For new TWI followers there were only hints of licentiousness in PFAL....but in the corps it was unabashedly in your face when you were around vp. I’ve referred to that pajama party a few times (mentioned in TWI’s Sedative to the Conscience thread) not because it was such a unique event but rather it was his typical manner of moral seduction. As the serpent deceived Eve, vp not only challenged the plain authority of the Bible but even one’s own moral sense of what was right and wrong. Just trust vp’s interpretation of the Bible - this way there’s no guess work on your part.

So when the Bible talks about adultery it gets changed to spiritual adultery – messing around with other gods. As a corrupt preacher it seems like vp followed in like manner the Serpent’s-Genesis-3-playbook whenever he wanted to justify or push his unprincipled lifestyle…Change a word, add a word, contradict what it says…Jesus talked about anyone who looks upon a woman with lust has already committed adultery in the heart. vp could slither around that one any number of ways – saying anything done in the love of god is ok…or something like I’ve so renewed my mind that it’s not sin to me…or how would you like to bless the man of God…and it will bless you too….get our needs and wantonness parallel.