GreaseSpot Cafe

About this forum

modcat5

This forum is to discuss offshoot ministries whose histories can reasonably be tied to The Way International.

If discussions about any particular ministry generate enough threads, they will get their own subforum.

Discussions about Chris Geer in the USA will be directed here. Discussions about Geer during the time period in the 1980s and 1990s will be directed to About the Way in Europe, now a subforum under About the Way.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or suggestions.

Please bear in mind that not everyone involved in TWI can properly be labeled a "public figure," so please be careful naming names, ESPECIALLY if you're going to accuse someone of... anything. Just be nice.

Saying Vince Finnegan switched his doctrine on the end times is fair game. Saying he beat my dog might result in a libel suit (note: This was cited as an example. Vince Finnegan did not beat my dog. Or anything else. Vince Finnegan did not MEET my dog).

The moderators reserve the right to change any real names to avoid slander or libel.

• 2 weeks later...

No disrespect but what if our "roots" preceed twi? You know, some of us had a spiritual existence before stumbling upon twi. If you don't know what the hell I am talking about then go back and look at how you worded this sub forum title.

Hey, you did your best in a short time and also stipulated info in the opening post.

No, I ain't trolling looking for things to bitch about - I have read that forum title numerous times and it just kept bugging me.

What I do take from the "title" is that it tips the hand on an already perceived status - just an observation.

If you can come up with an example to consider regarding roots that precede TWI, please suggest it so we can consider it. Otherwise, I'm not about to come up with a framework to address every possible hypothetical. It's a waste of everyone's time.

No issues. I'm just saying they typify the type of organization that might be discussed in this forum. They are a mini clone of the early Way movement. They have their own W.O.W program, L.E.A.D., hitchhiking and a mini corps type program, complete with the same set of principles used by the Way Corps. I imagine there is a nostalgic flavoring that some might find appealing. Oh, and displaying the Wierwille name probably generates some attraction, as well.

RAF, I think that I misunderstood the forum title, I thought it was referring to "my/our" roots to religous organizations; Reading it again today I see that it is in all probability referring to the roots of the off shoot organizations. Sorry for the confussion.

• 4 years later...
On 3/2/2016 at 10:14 AM, waysider said:

"This forum is to discuss offshoot ministries whose histories can reasonably be tied to The Way International."

S.O.W.E.R.S.

Nothing to discuss at the moment, just tossing this out as an example.

Way, I have a question about SOWERS; are they still in Mississippi?  Is VP3 still the leader?  I have read many of the recent posts, but I have read very little about them.

8 minutes ago, Grace Valerie Claire said:

Way, I have a question about SOWERS; are they still in Mississippi?  Is VP3 still the leader?  I have read many of the recent posts, but I have read very little about them.

Based on their current online presence, it looks like the answer to both your questions is "yes".

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2016 at 5:02 PM, modcat5 said:

This forum is to discuss offshoot ministries whose histories can reasonably be tied to The Way International.

If discussions about any particular ministry generate enough threads, they will get their own subforum.

Discussions about Chris Geer in the USA will be directed here. Discussions about Geer during the time period in the 1980s and 1990s will be directed to About the Way in Europe, now a subforum under About the Way.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or suggestions.

Please bear in mind that not everyone involved in TWI can properly be labeled a "public figure," so please be careful naming names, ESPECIALLY if you're going to accuse someone of... anything. Just be nice.

Saying Vince Finnegan switched his doctrine on the end times is fair game. Saying he beat my dog might result in a libel suit (note: This was cited as an example. Vince Finnegan did not beat my dog. Or anything else. Vince Finnegan did not MEET my dog).

The moderators reserve the right to change any real names to avoid slander or libel.

MC5, do you have any idea of what, and where CG is these days?  I believe he was some place in Maine, selling some program, but I haven't heard much about him lately. I don't know the man, but I think people here at the GSC, have various opinions about him. Thanks, for answering my questions, if you can.