GreaseSpot Cafe

The Monotony was Killing Me

skyrider

You keep diverting the target. Were you equally effective in the military? And, since you mentioned ego, Emerson was one of the biggest ego-jerks out there. The fact you think he was such a "good guy" who got thrown under the buss(sic!) demonstrates to me you love for taking orders without question. You say he got dumped for following twit "SOP" with serial sexual predation and abuse. FACTS are that he was so egregious at engaging in these "SOP"s even enjoying same with good ole dictor paul while in-rez in 1974-75, while we interim corpses were busy cleaning up the stinkbombs he left all over NC. He was cheating on his wife long before hitting HQ. His wife was shacking up with Larry Panare!!0 while she was in-Rez, so she was relieved I guess of her duties to him. Within 3 weeks of getting back to his hideout in NC, he ran off with Karen Ca##ack who would later graduate the 7 corpse. She married another womanizing idiot, and eventually went on to further fame by having a sexual affair with John Lynn who got dumped from CES because of it. YOU SURE CAN PICK 'EM mrap! From Emerson to Gei$$ler, to Eat0n, to jalvis and schoenheit! Glad I never knew you! Really glad. TTFN.

I thought this was a good thread topic: thanks a whole hell of alot DWBH for making such a simple topic into a personal hate fest.

DWBH, you can drop all of the military inuendoes cause you don't know crap about that, I find it derogatory to any military veterans on this site.

Can we just stick to the title thread topic, for once and stop attacking.

Is attacking all that is left for some posters?

I thought this was a good thread topic: thanks a whole hell of alot DWBH for making such a simple topic into a personal hate fest.

DWBH, you can drop all of the military inuendoes cause you don't know crap about that, I find it derogatory to any military veterans on this site.

Can we just stick to the title thread topic, for once and stop attacking.

Is attacking all that is left for some posters?

You don't speak for me. Just sayin'.

Rocky

USAF 1973-1976

• 6 months later...
On March 21, 2016 at 9:30 AM, skyrider said:

The monotony of twi was killing me....

Sitting in class after class, meeting after meeting.....no wonder Chair Stringing 101 is a prerequisite in corps training.

How long does this sufferance need to be tolerated? Who's running this butt-brigade anyways?

Two Categories: [A] HQ and Field:

Category A: HQ

Years ago, when I worked on staff.....it struck me that three groups emerged in this monotony

of whether one is obligated or not to have his butt firmly planted in a seat EVERY MEETING:

1) Top-tier.....mog-dom seniority, emeritus, inner-circle, connected, favored, loyal

2) Performers...green room, teacher, emcees, singers, musicians, bodyguards, receptionists, burger-flippers

3) Audience.....regular staffers at monthly staff mtgs, visitors (and staff) at sunday teachings

Heck, why did those burger-flippers have such a PASSION FOR THEIR JOB each sunday?

Because....it gave them a declared purpose and DUTY to not have their butt in a seat.

Add: a/v, security, bookstore personnel, refreshments, receptionists, green room assistants, etc.

Some of the "connected" staff could sit in their trailers and watch on closed-circuit monitors....

these were certain staffers that were given protected-status by top-tier from any confrontation.

Category B: Field

In the earlier years [1970-78]...twigs on the field were fairly loose. You could go, or not go,

every week and still be welcomed in. Or, you could hop from one twig to the next....on occasion.

If you were not faithful in weekly tithe/abs, it didn't cause major confrontation. Depending on

each state, area, and leadership......things started tightening up with each passing year.

It got to the point were.....1) Attending twig 3X a week was standard procedure, 2) If you missed twig

then you'd better have a good reason or expect confrontation, 3) Monitoring each person, attendance

for an upcoming Advanced Class Special was highly expected, of every adv class grad, 4) Having your

butt in the seat was as expected as what hq did.

Yep.....a total drag.

Skyrider, you are so right!!  I attended my first Twig in 1978 in Va Beach, Va.  People were always happy to see you, and you could go to any Twig you wanted. It was great.  You could go to Twig as often, or as little as you liked. Back then, your personal business was your's !!  I noticed  the longer I stayed in TWI, the more legalistic it became.  It seemed to me that everyone wanted to tell you how to run your life.  It seemed as if the love of God was missing.  Also, I agree with you about all the meetings.  

Boring, boring, boring!!!

• Upvote 1