GreaseSpot Cafe

Greasespot Fundraiser 2016

modcat5

Greasespot Cafe needs your help.

As many of you know, this site is owned and operated by one guy, Pawtucket, who has shouldered the entire burden of the cost of its operations. While posters have volunteered to contribute from time to time, the burden has remained mostly his for 16 years.

Here's what Paw said on Facebook recently:

I pay close to $100.00 a month just to maintain the web server. I try to offset that by hosting other sites, but most of that has dried up. The latest forum software would be at least $200 [Note: A one-time fee]. I'd have to talk to greasytech [one of the moderators] about further costs. I may have to get a newer server to move it and then get rid of the old server after the transfer. Aren't you glad you asked!

I replied, "Nope." And he responded:

Most people on Greasespot love to offer help until they find out how much is spent.

So, $100 a month plus the $300 in one-time fees of updating the software and moving the server brings us to $1,500.

So we have a fundraiser and a goal: $1,500 to maintain and improve GSC for a year.

I just made my donation (and I'm not going to say how much it was, nor do you have to).

HOW?

There's a DONATE button on the right hand side of the main page of GSC.

Click it and help us keep this site going. This thread will be pinned to the top of the open forum until April 30, 2016. If we reach our goal before then, we'll tell you. Anything that comes in after we reach our goal will be handled by Pawtucket. My belief is he should consider it a reimbursement for 16 years of doing this on his own. We do kind of owe the guy. But Paw says he'll just apply it to the monthly service fee and pay ahead.

In other words, the more we raise now, the less we have to ask next time around.

Some of you can give more than others. Decide what's best for you.

This is not tax deductible and it is not a requirement for participation on the forum.

If you value this site and this forum, please show your support.

Thank you.

I wanted to add something here: Pawtucket did not ask me to do this. I did it because I offered to help and, when I found out what the numbers were, I realized that my ability to contribute would not be enough to make a meaningful dent.

But if we all did, we could.

We're not quite at $200 yet. We're aiming for $1,500. Let's see how far we can get today.

I will say that $300 would pay for the new server and upgraded software (ie, fewer site crashes). So let's see if we can get to $300 by the end of the day.

Thanks.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Raf!

I'm on a fixed SSI income these days, so I'm stuck relying on a once-a-month check an tight budgeting to get by now. Sure miss workin'! March check is long gone so I'll have to wait until April to send you at least $25 bucks for our GSC. If I was still working it would be at least 10X that!

The GSC has been THE ONLY SPOT in the entire world where the REAL truths and facts re: TWIt have ever been exposed WITHOUT CENSORSHIP! But, even greater than that is, that it's THE ONLY place in this entire media-drenched society where honest, uncensored raw dialogue, confrontation, restoration and healing/recovery from the horrible physical and psychoemotional abuse rained down on innocents by Wierwille and his cornfield cult from rural west-central Ohio, has ever taken place! Pawtucket is a HERO in my book. He has suffered many demeaning insults financially and personally than anyone else I know, for providing this one-of-a-kind haven for twit refugees by the 10's of thousands, searchers and haters alike.

He has withstood vicious slander and libel all over the Internet by folks like John Lynn, TWI itself, all the offshoots, and numerous mentally ill trolls for providing THE ONLY really helpful location anywhere when I comes to dealing with the broad, life-shattering affects of TWIt on the lives of thousands around the world. Paw hates when I say this, but he is one of the greats anonymous heroes I've ever met. I want this place to continue not only because of how many thousands it's already helped, but the thousands more it will help in the years to come. I think that is a fitting tribute to Pawtucket and Justice. Sorry for the rant, Paw. I love and respect you man! You have done a great thing! Keep on rockin' in the free world bro!...........and, forever.................peace.

• Upvote 1

*crinkles envelope with cash and shoves it into the horn-of-plenty in as noisy as possible a manner as it passes so that all those who have bowed their heads in prayer can hear that they may hear and will know that they know who gave of their abundance this day time and hour*

• Upvote 2

Can't help you there, waysider. No idea what's going on.

So far we're at or near $600, which is awesome. You have paid for the upgrades and taking the financial burden off of Paw for a few months.

Our goal is to take the burden off him for a full year, which is why I calculated $1,500. (An earlier calculation of $2,500 was based on an error on my part, for which I apologize. The goal is $1,500. We are 40% of the way there!

Pawtucket, by the way, is duly impressed and appreciative.

Amended the opening post. If we reach our goal before April 30, the thread will remain pinned. Anything that keeps coming in will be handled by Pawtucket.

My belief is he should consider it a reimbursement for 16 years of doing this on his own. We do kind of owe the guy. But Paw says he'll just apply it to the monthly service fee and pay ahead.

In other words, the more we raise now, the less we have to ask next time around.

Imagine next year's fundraiser goal... ZERO! That would be nice.

We will be moving to a new server in the next few days, which will allow for the software upgrade. Paw says the site will be more "robust" after the upgrade. I don't know what that means, but I assume it at least means we'll be seeing fewer shutdowns.

FROM PAWTUCKET:

I am truly humbled by the outpouring of donations. Yesterday, I was able to pay the $106 monthly hosting completely from donations. I am going to set up the new server this weekend. Once I have kicked the tires, we will switch over to it. Then we will install the updated software that should fix the ongoing outages.

Words can't tell you the appreciation of your outpouring.

• Upvote 3