GreaseSpot Cafe

Massachusetts

AdiosMiCorazon

Hi Steveo,

Actually, I do remember Bema Bound. Or at least the name.

I spent most of my time in Boston unless there was an activity elsewhere and we could find a ride.

Searched the house last night for the few things I kept from my Way years. I moved them and forgot where I put them. Easy to do when you've lived in a house for almost ten years. I'm relieved I didn't throw them out. I wanted to cry when I thought I had.

Thanks for replying and adding me to your friend list. When I get back from the Christian Writer's Conference next week, I'll see what I can do about my profile. While we're home all my efforts have to be focused on getting ready to go and printing off sample chapters. To say I'm a bit stressed is an understatement since I also have to work for part of the week.

• 4 weeks later...
Hey I was a WOW in Holyoke, MA - 1977-78, then returned again in 1979-80..

Anyone out there recognize any of the following names?

Shelley Green (maiden name)

Jody Demerol (?maide name)

Pam Vachon

Wayne Vachon

Roy Resovick

Rob Fontaine

Randy Spaulding

Debbie Jobert (now Debbie Spaulding)

Peter Newey

Rob Gant

Jack Pendergast

Foster and Teesh Smith

This is the first time I've seen a reference to me in GSC. I'm Pam, but my last name isn't Vachon any more. I haven't seen any of the people on your list in recent years except for the one I used to be married to.

I notice, jetc57, that you posted this in 2005. If you're still around, it would be nice to "talk" to you.

Just by coincidence I share a workspace with his brother Phil, a timberframer and builder of barns.

Peter apparently is still in and in Arkansas somewhere (I think thats it), a carpenter and still doing whatever corps grads do these days.

-Another brother Larry, who was an early wayfer in Mass, is also still about....I never met Peter, but Phil and Larry sure are interesting characters

I knew Larry and Peter. I visited Great Barrington in 1994, a few months before I moved to Virginia, and found Larry at his leather shop. At the time, he was talking about possibly retiring, so I don't know if he's still in the same location. I haven't seen Peter since about 1980, when we all moved out of the last Way Home I lived in.

HE, too was from Springfield MA -- ever hear of Alex Leondakis?

Jean, I remember you and Alex. I was in the Springfield area 1980-1989 and 1991-1994, but I never saw or heard of him after the last time I saw you. I hope all is well with you now.

Frank, the time I checked, Roy lived in Colorado Springs CO. He stayed in the Army 10 years and made Captian. He has one son who is about 21 or 22. As far as I know he is still married. I'm not sure of what is he is doing for work, but it was in electronics. Try his name in google.

I know this contribution is late, but I just found GSC recently. Roy's last name is spelled REIZOVIC. This will help when you try to google him.

BTW, he was the best man at my wedding in 1980.

Yes! That song Many Ways, I remember it now! I used to play music with him in the band Bema Bound (Suzanne Ryan, Bernadette Willette, Tom Burke(sometimes), myself Steve Taikowski, and Jim Dufala, Peter Newey (on keyboards) cant remember the drummers name) Do you remember that band? We palyed at Limb events and a few other occassions, including some Advances

Im trying to think of some people I knew from Boston....Foster and Teesh Smith ( Northboro) but actually I was from western Mass, did you know anybody from western Mass?

Steveo!

I remember Bema Bound and several of its members. I looked at your profile and remember your face. Your name will come to me when I stop trying so hard.

I was in western Mass from 1973 on (except that I went WOW to NJ in 1977, moved to the DC area 1989-1991, and moved to Virginia in 1994). I was in Springfield 1980-1989 and 1991-1994.

I should post a picture on my profile but I've been putting it off. My hair is gray now, but people tell me that my face looks the same. Maybe you'll recognize me.

I look frward to it!

And by the way I knew all those guys (except 2 or 3)....

Shelley Green (maiden name)

Jody Demerol (?maide name)

Pam Vachon

Wayne Vachon

Roy Resovick

Rob Fontaine

Randy Spaulding

Debbie Jobert (now Debbie Spaulding)

Peter Newey

Rob Gant

Jack Pendergast

Berkshires

Peter and Faye Granucci (had a leather shop in Great Barrington, MA)

Steve and Cathy Cline (had a leather shop in Great Barrington, MA, later had a Music Shop in Pittsfield, MA)

Rick Vogt ( had a Woodworking shop in Gt Barrington, MA)

Dave and Cathy Daniels

Woody Lawson (One wild and crazy guy!)

Maguerite and Magdeline Smith

Phil and Roberta Ashton (had a furniture reupholtering shop in Pittfield , just like Uncle Harry!)

Larry and Peter Newey

Nancy Schmulsy

Des Moines, Iowa (my WOW year)

Jane Cossaboon

Ross Vachon

(I can remember lotsa faces but forget the names!)

It's me again. I seem to be hogging this forum, but you see, I'm making up for lost time!

Steveo, I remember most of the people you listed from the Berkshires. From another part of your list, I can tell you that Ross (my brother-in-law) is still in TWI. I haven't talked to him personally since my father-in-law's funeral about 9 years ago, but I heard through the family grapevine that he got married last week. I wish him much happiness -- he's a good guy.

Oh my gosh Ross is STILL in TWI! Wow thats like almost 30 years!

Is he the one I went wow with? Or is my memory crossed up? I might have known him from Massachusetts, but I have a distinct picture of his face! He was really funny!

Have you got any old pics of him?

Oh my gosh Ross is STILL in TWI! Wow thats like almost 30 years!

Is he the one I went wow with? Or is my memory crossed up? I might have known him from Massachusetts, but I have a distinct picture of his face! He was really funny!

Have you got any old pics of him?

Ross did go WOW to Iowa, then returned to Massachusetts. I have some pictures of him from the 70s and 80s, but they are not in digital form. When I last saw him in December 1998, he looked just the same. He went into the Way Corps in the 80s but I don't remember what year.

Yep I lived with Ross in our WOW house in Des Moines Iowa in 1980 or so. He was one funny guy!

Also living with us in that house were Diane Mooncotch and Jane Cossaboon, and one other guy whose name I forget

I look back fondly on those times, and looking back I would make my decisions about 100% differently Lol

• 1 month later...

I've been off this site for a time. I do remember Shelley Green and Rob Fontaine. In fact, I think I have a picture of Shelley somewhere.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Yes! That song Many Ways, I remember it now! I used to play music with him in the band Bema Bound (Suzanne Ryan, Bernadette Willette, Tom Burke(sometimes), myself Steve Taikowski, and Jim Dufala, Peter Newey (on keyboards) cant remember the drummers name) Do you remember that band? We palyed at Limb events and a few other occassions, including some Advances

Im trying to think of some people I knew from Boston....Foster and Teesh Smith ( Northboro) but actually I was from western Mass, did you know anybody from western Mass?

The drummer was Chuck Santacruz.Not sure of that spelling.

"God put a rainbow in the clouds."

• 1 month later...

The drummer was Chuck Santacruz.Not sure of that spelling.

"God put a rainbow in the clouds."

Thanks Geogio, you have a great memory for names!

Did you also know the others? I am SO curious as to what became of them, I have Googled them, but unfortunately hardly any of them have registered and post on these Forums.

Bernadette Willette was my FIRST major girlfriend, but I havent spoken with here in about 30 years and I so often wonder what the heck happenned to her

I heard that Jim Dufala and his wife were divorced (unconfirmed)

Tom Burke put out a tape, but thats not surprising he was such a great performer.

Suzanne Ryan I havent heard about at ALL, she was the Branch? Leader of Worcester MA

Peter Newey most likely settled back at Great Barrington MA, its such a great little town and hes got family there

I just HAD to move to Floridam its is SO much more positive economically, but I do miss the Old World feel of Massachusetts....:(

Geogio did I ever meet you? I am curious, Ill check your profile to see if you have a picture there...

Peter Newey most likely settled back at Great Barrington MA, its such a great little town and hes got family there

I live in Great Barrington (still a great little town).

Peter last I heard is still "in" and running something for TWI in Arkansas. The other brothers Newey, Phil and Larry are still here. Phil is a timberframer. Larry who had a leather shop that was a TWI hub in the 70's, is a jack of all trades and is still very enthusiastic about all things God

Posted 10 October 2007 - 11:35 AM

Anyone know what became of the Hickey family from Lawrence, Ma?

Yes. Bill as in the 15th Corps, graduated and worked with Way Builders for a time at HQ...then burned out and moved to one of the Carolina's (I visited him there where he was installing lawn sprinklers for a living.) He ended up marrying Gwendolyn Macolousa (13th Corps)..and after that I've lost track of him.

Woody Lawson...now there's a name I haven't heard for a while...he was nuts!!!! And Nancy Schmulsky- she was a phenomenal chair caner...she dated one of my dear friends, Mark Glassen for the longest time, but then they split and he moved to Texas to be a teacher somewhere...

The Cline's sold the leather shop back to Larry and moved to Staten Island...I think they're still there...they were phenomenal people...Rick and Patty Vogt live in Richmond, Virginia...Peter's still in Little Rock (divorced)...who else?

• 3 weeks later...

This sure takes me back a few years - my husband and I were the first WOWs in Worcester back in 1972. There was absolutely no one else there! Chris Geer was the state leader and lived in Natick. What an experience for a couple of kids from Kansas. Ironically, our daughter moved from Kansas to Boston a couple of years ago and just loves it. I visited her a couple of months ago and brought back some memories.

• 11 months later...

Found. David Eldeen. He's in Colorado. Found. Claudia Nathe. She's in Florida.

Still looking for Robert MacIntosh, the Hapnees, BJ Heany (Not sure on spellings) Alison Whitley. (She still owes me money which I doubt I will ever see.)