GreaseSpot Cafe

The Trinity

Expanding this discussion again.  The major concepts involved with the trinity are:

1. **Monotheism**: Christianity is fundamentally monotheistic, meaning it believes in one God.

2. **Three Persons, One God**: The Trinity teaches that God exists in three distinct persons: the Father, the Son (Jesus Christ), and the Holy Spirit. These three persons are co-equal and co-eternal, each fully and equally God.

3. **Unity in Diversity**: While there are three persons, they are not separate gods but one God in essence. This is often summarized with the phrase "One God in Three Persons."

4. **Relationship**: The Trinity emphasizes the eternal and loving relationship between the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. They exist in a perfect, harmonious communion.

5. **Incarnation**: The doctrine of the Incarnation is closely tied to the Trinity. It teaches that God the Son (Jesus) took on human form while still being fully divine.

6. **Role Differentiation**: Each person of the Trinity has distinct roles in the work of salvation. The Father is the creator, the Son is the redeemer, and the Holy Spirit is the sustainer and empowerer.

7. **Mystery**: The Trinity is often described as a divine mystery because it goes beyond human comprehension. It's something that Christians accept on faith, even though it may not be fully understandable.

These concepts are foundational to Christian theology, and the Trinity is a central doctrine in most Christian denominations. It's important to note that different Christian traditions may emphasize certain aspects of the Trinity differently.

So the Way and VPW mischaracterizes a number of these tenets prior to attacking them.

1. One God - so TWI basically tells mainstream Christians they worship 3 gods not one.  They sold bumper stickers saying honk if you worship one god not 3.  This belittles the concepts of the other person and causes division.  Christians believe in one God despite namecallers.

2. The Way does not accept co equal and co eternal.  To TWI the father is greater than the son and the spirit is a gift just an object.

3. Unity in diversity - a completely foreign concept to the Way who wants everyone uniform and Stepford.  This concept is beyond their comprehension.

4. Eternal loving relationship - the Way scratches their head as they mostly are responsible for division in the body of Christ, in families, friendships, leaders.

5. Incarnation - again beyond the concepts of the Way who are mostly uneducated as student loan debt is evil.

6. Role Differentiation - again in practice not understood by the Way.  You have the caste system in the way.  BOD->Clergy->Way Corps->twig coordinator->Adv class grad->layman.  Each stays in their category and are not permitted in higher categories.  Equality and function differentiation are foreign concepts.

7. Mystery - the Way accepts no mysteries but has to replace them with catch phrases. Fundamentalists project a know-it-all attitude and the Ways noses are 10 degrees higher in the air than fundamentalists impressing themselves with their mental gymnastics.

So in summary the trinity as a theological concept and interpretation of scripture is largely unknown by the Way as they discuss it only in the elementary school terminology of VPW and never stray far from his so called “revelation”.

4 hours ago, chockfull said:

So in summary the trinity as a theological concept and interpretation of scripture is largely unknown by the Way as they discuss it only in the elementary school terminology of VPW and never stray far from his so called “revelation”.

Well, that sure doesn't fit with my experience while at HQ and some number of discussions I had with others in the research dept. (But, perhaps it did with others involved in the ministry, that I was unaware of.) 

1 hour ago, TLC said:

Well, that sure doesn't fit with my experience while at HQ and some number of discussions I had with others in the research dept. (But, perhaps it did with others involved in the ministry, that I was unaware of.) 

What part doesn’t fit?  In my experience it was all assumed to be “handled” at the foundational class level and not discussed past then including at HQ and with research dept members I spoke to.  Did you interact with people there that covered these 7 points  in your research and discussion?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, chockfull said:

What part doesn’t fit?  In my experience it was all assumed to be “handled” at the foundational class level and not discussed past then including at HQ and with research dept members I spoke to.  Did you interact with people there that covered these 7 points  in your research and discussion?

Apparently our time (and definitely our experiences) at HQ and with research dept members didn't overlap.  
Do you mind if I ask if you think anyone's belief regarding the Trinity has anything at all to do with salvation? 

34 minutes ago, TLC said:

Apparently our time (and definitely our experiences) at HQ and with research dept members didn't overlap.  
Do you mind if I ask if you think anyone's belief regarding the Trinity has anything at all to do with salvation? 

The way I look at it I do not think it is logical that God would have an obscure interpretation of salvation verses that prevents a percentage of seekers from becoming born again who desire that.

So no I don't think any ones belief regarding the Trinity affects salvation.

I do think Wierwilles Trinity explanation and book served to effectively erect a barrier between followers of TWI and all other denominations and community churches that has never been effectively broken down.

Twits are seperate and do not collaborate with other Christians at all.  This is isolationist and contributes towards the climate of small groups of dictators running everything, the lack of voting privileges in the leadership body, and the general cult like feel of the group.

I feel that they live in doctrinal and practical error and are living examples of the eye saying to the hand “I have no need of you” as found in Corinthians the books they purport to be expert in and teaching the world about their take on it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chockfull said:

So no I don't think any ones belief regarding the Trinity affects salvation.

I do think Wierwilles Trinity explanation and book served to effectively erect a barrier between followers of TWI and all other denominations and community churches that has never been effectively broken down.

Agreed on both points, although I think that the book also served to effectively open a new perspective for a lot of people on how to think of and see Christ.  But (as so often happens), knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifeth. 

• 4 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Charity said:

I just came across this website about Jesus not being God and wondered if anyone knows a Kevin Gregg from twi?

https://www.theonenessofgod.org/connect/

C I looked that up and he is from a “One God Apostolic” denominational background.  Which is Pentecostal. Which is all of the Branham stuff in another thread here.

Here is the organization thread for Kevin’s One God Apostolic site.  It is mentioned at the bottom of his website.

https://www.truthministriesapostolicchurch.org