GreaseSpot Cafe

Zombie movies, tv and comics

Raf

I wanted to start a topic to discuss The Walking Dead. Then I thought it should include Fear the Walking Dead. Then I thought it should include movies. Then I thought it should also include The Walking Dead compic series. What I did not think is that it should be more than one thread. So here we are.

Anyone watching these shows/reading this stuff?

Who do you think got his/her head bashed in by Lucille/Negan?

Does the cliffhanger annoy you as much as it annoys me?

I recently got around to reading the comic series, and I was well and truly amazed at the number of differences between the Walking Dead tv show and the Walking Dead comics.

I think it's no secret at all that Negan bashes Glenn's head in in the comic. But the show has allowed others to survive longer than their comic counterparts (hello Carol), and killed characters who are still alive in the comics (goodbye, Andrea). So anyone could go.

My guess is that the show will kill off Abraham. Negan would send a strong message by killing off the one who looks biggest/strongest.

Anyway, thoughts?

Sorry, I don't usually follow zombie stuff. I liked "Shawn of the Dead",

but that's about it. I saw the first few episodes of "TWD", but lost

interest around when it was becoming clear it was a planet-wide disaster.

I don't follow movies/shows that are guaranteed downers-I want some hope and some

chance for a happy ending of some kind. I don't need to turn on a TV

if I want something depressing.

• Upvote 1

I'm up to date on both Walking Dead series, so I decided to check out the comics (available on line for free). There are many differences, though the basic plot outline is the same. Arguably the most popular character in the TV series flat out doesn't exist in the comics. A major character who died in the comics is still alive on TV, and a major character who died on TV is still alive in the comics.

I was hoping someone here would be into it. Oh well.

The longevity of the TV show attests to its popularity. Unfortunately, we have a VERY small subset of the population posting to this forum. I suspect that zombies are more popular, even among the (less limited) GS population. You could try posting this in the Open forum; and if you get enough takers, move it back here.

George

• 4 months later...

Walking Dead Season 7 premiered last night, and I have to say, it was a doozy.

There was a point where a line was literally drawn by a character that could have stood in for a figurative line. Like, if the writers/producers cross this line, I may stop watching altogether. They didn't. The line was drawn but not crossed.

But that was one of the most disturbing hours of television I have ever watched. Game of Thrones had a more disturbing scene near the end of season 5. But this was more drawn out.

Anyway, no one knows what I'm talking about, but if you ever decide to catch up with the series on Netflix, remember this thread.

• 9 months later...
On 5/26/2016 at 8:28 PM, WordWolf said:

Sorry, I don't usually follow zombie stuff. I liked "Shawn of the Dead",

but that's about it. I saw the first few episodes of "TWD", but lost

interest around when it was becoming clear it was a planet-wide disaster.

I don't follow movies/shows that are guaranteed downers-I want some hope and some

chance for a happy ending of some kind. I don't need to turn on a TV

if I want something depressing.

WW, so true!!

On 10/24/2016 at 4:45 PM, Raf said:

Walking Dead Season 7 premiered last night, and I have to say, it was a doozy.

There was a point where a line was literally drawn by a character that could have stood in for a figurative line. Like, if the writers/producers cross this line, I may stop watching altogether. They didn't. The line was drawn but not crossed.

But that was one of the most disturbing hours of television I have ever watched. Game of Thrones had a more disturbing scene near the end of season 5. But this was more drawn out.

Anyway, no one knows what I'm talking about, but if you ever decide to catch up with the series on Netflix, remember this thread.

Raf, what makes those shows so popular??  Is it the acting, or writing?? I don't have a TV, so I don't watch them.