GreaseSpot Cafe

Evidence: Letters VPW wrote to the Way Corps

penworks

DWBH you do a great job of exposing this insipid bunch of self-serving sociopaths past and present. Your language doesn't tweak me because to me language is barely able to capture the evil these megalomaniacs caused in people's lives or the difficulty there is in escaping these systems. Although I do see how it would tweak various Wierwille apologists in whatever stage of apology they may be in.

I say turn it up not down.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

DWBH you do a great job of exposing this insipid bunch of self-serving sociopaths past and present. Your language doesn't tweak me because to me language is barely able to capture the evil these megalomaniacs caused in people's lives or the difficulty there is in escaping these systems. Although I do see how it would tweak various Wierwille apologists in whatever stage of apology they may be in.

I say turn it up not down.

Agreed chockfull.

Edited by JayDee

Thank you JayDee and Chockfull. I'm thankful that the info I have posted here at GSC has helped you spot the haters, liars, and thieves, many of who continue this perverted cult in their own "way ministries" of various names and all founded on the "great truths" dictor paul inveigled into their very identities. I'm glad for every single person who reads what I've written about TWIt-n-vic and sees it is factually accurate and puts the pieces of TWIt-n-Vic's pathological impact upon all who were exposed. That is the most rewarding thing for me.

Thank you both for your encouragement. Enjoy your freedom, and........peace.

• Upvote 1

Don't Worry,

After meeting you at the Texas BBQ a few years ago I just have to say your posts pretty much reflect the way you are in person – and that's fine by me!

Due to the fact that the insidious nature of TWI's top leadership is exceedingly abundantly above what other egomaniacs could ask or think - I believe it's going to take whistle blowers who have almost a "righteous" chutzpah (i apologize if that's not the correct word to use) commensurate with the size of the maniacs' egos....So don't feel like you have to adjust the volume or EQ knobs on my account.

I consider you and a few other men and women on Grease Spot who have shared what goes on behind the scenes, almost like a bittersweet treasure; I am sorry for your pain and experiences but I appreciate your insight and compassion to help others. The inner workings of TWI are like black ops of all that is immoral, deceitful and spiritually dark; and perhaps Grease Spot is fortunate to have some tripped out Jason Bournes who now expose TWI's "Operation Treadstone" and their agenda of assassinating the soul.

• Upvote 1

Good morning,

I would have chimed in earlier but I've been sick. Nothing serious.

For any new visitors to this site, I want to say that DWBH is an extremely important voice on TWI inner workings, big and small. The facts he has that back up his assertions are first-hand experiences. I knew him personally. For one thing, we were both at HQ at a critical time, 1986, when that scathing and disruptive (understatement) so-called Passing of a Patriarch letter was written and read by Chr*s G**r.

My heartfelt suggestion is for visitors (and anyone who has not heard it) is to listen to the GSC radio show on this website titled, Through the Fog. I think it will give you some idea of the evil that occurred.

DWBH mentioned a book I am writing, Undertow, so I want to let you know it is near publication. When it's ready, GSC folks will be one of the first groups to know.

A side note: Yesterday the world lost one of the most important memory keepers and voices on human rights abuse (understatement), one that expressed moral outrage in a way we could embrace... Elie Wiesel. https://www.washingt...omepage%2Fstory

I would like to thank GSC for providing a place where we can express moral outrage over the spiritual, emotional, mental, and sexual abuse perpetrated by "spiritual" leaders we trusted. Hopefully, our voices can make a difference in this world. That's the point, right? To inform and help. To shed light, understanding, and healing. That, by the way, is why I wrote my book.

Cheers,

Penworks, a.k.a. Charlene

Edited by penworks
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Thanks for providing the link!

Penworks, I am so looking forward to reading your book Undertow – your highly articulate voice is one of the treasures I referred to in post # 29!

== == == ==

Don't Worry, thanks for your encouraging words and Tonto & I love you bunches as well; last night we reminisced about how we enjoyed your company at the Texas BBQ and wished we didn't live so far apart.

== == == ==

Waysider, thanks for the link to Through the Fog podcast; it's been awhile since I've listened to it – it's about time for a "refresher-course."

TY Charlene!

I consider it an honor to receive such kind words from you. I totally agree with T-Bone, that you are one of the most articulate and compassionate authors I know. That, along with your authentic desire to expose and clarify how cults and their "leaders" destroy individual lives, marriages and nuclear families, and long, close friendships, leading to a number of TWIt suicides by the abused and accused of TWIt's Board Of Terrorists, under every President and in all its iterations. Your first hand account of your 17 year long journey into and out from wierwille's little kingdom cult, will be as well written as any which has preceded it. I can't wait to get it!! Thanks both again for your encouragement and for reading my posts.

• Upvote 1

Some excerpts from vpw's letters to corps:

"I wish to God I had more ability to help people remain faithful in their standing

on God's Word and with fellow believers...." [December 2, 1977]

"As I look at some of the reports from my Region men, Limb leaders.....I see that

you did not learn your lesson well. Thus, it may now be necessary for me to place you,

if you care to be placed at all, in a position of much lesser responsibility..."

[May 10, 1978]

"Some I have ordained have not remained faithful--.......Why all the problems?

I think you know what I mean. Fighting and dislike of each other--jealousy, prejudice,

divorce, remarriage, dope, etc., etc., etc., God forbid that our ordinations of Way

Corps grads turn into a mockery, and a laughingstock of the community." [December 1978]

"I feel badly and am so hurt when anyone whom I have ordained walks away from that

ordination commitment and the household." [January 25, 1979]

"I believe we may have to rethink and reset some of our leadership principles and

responsibilities. Corps grads apparently will have to be given more time to grow into

leadership responsibility and authority. Perhaps I have given too much, too soon to

too many." [February 28, 1979]

``````````````````````````````

What was happening in wierwille's corps....in 1977, 1978 et al?

1) Corps are leaving

2) Infighting

3) Jealousy

4) Divorce

5) Remarriage

6) Dope

7) Etc.

Yet, when martindale was ousted in 2000.....he was the fall guy? ppffftt.

Wierwille's twi and corps program has been crumbling for a long, long time.

Edited by skyrider
  • Upvote 2

You know what's missing from those excepts?...any meaningful mention of God.

It's about Wierwille lamenting his inability to keep people blindly indoctrinated and obedient to his demands. It's about loyalty to the corporation. It's about maintaining conformity to a pre-established prototype.

"I wish to God I had more ability...."

Why was it OK for Wierwille to say things like that while we, on the other hand, were ripped to tiny shreds for ever saying anything remotely similar? (A question that needs no answer)

• Upvote 2

You know what's missing from those excepts?...any meaningful mention of God.

It's about Wierwille lamenting his inability to keep people blindly indoctrinated and obedient to his demands. It's about loyalty to the corporation. It's about maintaining conformity to a pre-established prototype.

"I wish to God I had more ability...."

Why was it OK for Wierwille to say things like that while we, on the other hand, were ripped to tiny shreds for ever saying anything remotely similar? (A question that needs no answer)

Exactly right, waysider.

No meaningful mention of God's nature, inner-working via holy spirit, fruit in one's life,

personal development--(education, marriage, family, goals, careers), living for God....etc.

Like you said, waysider....just wierwille lamenting letter after letter that corps and clergy

are LEAVING.

There is no way that this narcissist could conceive that he was off-course. Nope.

He blames others for "not getting it" and leaving.

This compilation of letters simply verifies what I've been posting all these years....ie there has been

a continual exiting of corps since, at least, 1976/1977. It did NOT take Geer's pop paper to awaken corps.

Many....yes, dozens and dozens of corps leaders (each year) have seen behind wierwille's mask for quite

some time. Just like Peter W@de saw and left (1975).

The wierwille mystique continues to unravel.

• Upvote 3

Wierwille thrust upon the corps an intrusive, overbearing abuse of power

to ever-bend toward his command. There was no middle ground: either submit

or leave.

Even after a few years on the field, wierwille devised (and coerced)

the early corps leadership back to headquarters for "re-education camp."

These corps letters were nothing but a cunning ruse to extend his power

and thwart his dissenters/adversaries.

The corps program was the leaven that gave rise to twi's corruptive ways.

• Upvote 1

Hi all!

There are a number of ex-wayfers, and of course, the $$-grubbing "leaders and elders", ex-TWIt clergy and way corpse sycophants, who delude themselves into thinking that TWIt-n-vic "wasn't always rotten from the beginning". That the gathering of money, followers, properties and hyperbolic adulation, particularly from the 1970's until 1985 when he croaked due to occular melanoma with metastatic disease to the liver. This is simply NOT true. In actuality, dictor was rotten from the womb, but his sociopathic narcissistic behavior began acting out in his early teens. Just ask ANYONE who has ever lived in or around new Knoxville. While alive, you could have even asked his own brothers, sisters, spouse and his oldest son, Donnie, along with a long list of extended family and most of the native new knoxville population!

Dictor was an "ordained clergyman" by 1942, when he claims he and gawd started TWIt. He was an ordained clergyman when he had an extra-marital affair with Rosalind Rinker, a well-known evangelist and speaker back in the mid to late 1940's. She is the author of the title, "Power For Abundant Living", which was the name of a pamphlet she wrote and one of her lecture topics. She also was the author of dic's favorite phrase, "the word of God is the will of God". Vic mentions her departure from him in the 1940's, and how it was a grave sin between them which caused him to repent and her to leave.

Then, dictor hired a young pianist/music director for his chimes hour youth caravan. She was a young Mennonite from western NY. Her name was Rhoda Becker. She later went on to be vic's church and "personal" secretary in Van Wert. After using her up, dictor passed her off to his brother Reuben who was married to her until he died. Thank you Rhoda.

So, dictor was nowhere near starting to "break bad" when the free-spirited, sexually active hippies started thronging to da farm in OH. He'd been raping and sexually assaulting women at least 20 years previously. He was an unabashed, sexual assaulter and flagrant adulterer for 20 years already by the summer of '69. This was nothing new! Dic probably thought it was another miraculous answer to prayer.......LOL!

Plagiarizing others and sexually abusing women are what Vic built his minus-tray on. He was breaking bad from high school already, and NEVER broke good. It never had much to do with God or Jesus. It was just an easy way to make money and get laid. Try to put a timeline to "the founding" of TWIt. Was it 1942? Was it after Rosalind Rinker left Van Wert? Was it the blizzard in OK in 1951, when J.E. Stiles "led him into tongues"? Was it when he first took B.G.'s "Gifts of the Spirit" class in 1952? Was it when he taught B.G.'s class on his own and called it power for abundant living? Was that in honor of his hot love for Rosalind or her Bible? Was it on the trip to India in '56? Was it when he was fired by the Evangelical and Reformed Church for "misconduct"? Was it when Harry bought him the family farm and ACTUALLY started The Way Inc.? Was it when they dedicated the BRC? And, most interestingly, was it the snowy gas pumps apparition (or hallucination) and the audible voice "commission" from God himself? What year was that??? He never says does he? Sounds like it was in Van Wert, but WHEN?? IF, it happened at all before dic told his legendary pile of "miracles" to Elena Whiteside in 1971. Ahhh......the blissful delusions of malignant paranoid narcissism and alcohol! That's the gawd who pulled off all the various foundings and iterations of Vic-n-twit.

The letters linked by Penworks are indeed "evidence" of dictor's pathological alcoholic rollercoaster ride through psychoemotional terrorism. The consumers of the worst of dictor's "righteous wrath" we're his corpse. There are dozens who carry on his pathologies in their own names with their own minustrays. Volume does not turn lies into truth or evil into good. Serial rape and sexual assault are not fruit of the spirit. Sociopathic malignant paranoid narcissism is the stuff of genocidal dictators and wide-eyed, smiling cult leaders. None of those destructive illnesses and addictions to hateful behavior teach of Jesus Christ nor His Heavenly Father. They raise up and maintain Satan, Da Debbil to his rightful place in TWIt......the center of all power, influence, authority, calling, and purpose of all Vic-n-twit were and hoped to be. Rosie, Donna, and Howard are no less self-deluded and mentally ill. There's nothing new or different at or about TWIt today. It remains the fulminating infection of wicked people and sick minds with no good intent or good will toward their fellow humans. They are all destined to join dictor paul on the dungheap of the dark side of human nature. What a minustry!!!

• Upvote 1

You know what I think is a tragedy? There are still dozens, hundreds, maybe even thousands of people out there who are still convinced we were part of some noble effort, that we were an elite "spiritual" force. We were saps who got sucked into a destructive cult, that fundamentally differs very little from so many other cults that came before it or followed after. We're the unfortunate guy on the 11 o'clock news who suddenly realizes that guy who cleaned out his bank account didn't really have his best interests at heart.

• Upvote 2

DWBH, I have to make 2 corrections.

Not about vpw's money-grubbing, nor his sociopathic nor narcissistic behaviour,

nor his extra-marital affairs, nor his rampant plagiarism.

I'd like to mention that his own admissions said that he'd completed his education

and been working for a year as a minister and preaching weekly-before believing the

Bible was the Word of God (which raises the question of what he was doing all that time.)

That's an addition, not a correction, however.

There's a smaller and a larger correction.

(snip)

Try to put a timeline to "the founding" of TWIt. Was it 1942? Was it after Rosalind Rinker left Van Wert? Was it the blizzard in OK in 1951, when J.E. Stiles "led him into tongues"?

That's the first thing, and it's minor for this subject.

The ALLEGED blizzard-because all weather reports showed MILD WEATHER that never got close to freezing

for the days of the event he attended, and all accounts completely contradicted that there was even one

flake of snow on the ground or in the air. When asked about the discrepancy, vpw's response was not that

the person must be in error because he was there and was in a blizzard-anyone who's ever experienced a

heavy snowstorm knows very well what they are like. He IMMEDIATELY switched his story to say that angels

lied to him, answered the phones, put hallucinations of snow when he looked out the windows, and so on.

So, the correction was the addition of "ALLEGED" to "blizzard", because this blizzard only existed in

vpw's account and not in reality.

Was it when he first took B.G.'s "Gifts of the Spirit" class in 1952? Was it when he taught B.G.'s class on his own and called it power for abundant living? Was that in honor of his hot love for Rosalind or her Bible? Was it on the trip to India in '56? Was it when he was fired by the Evangelical and Reformed Church for "misconduct"? Was it when Harry bought him the family farm and ACTUALLY started The Way Inc.? Was it when they dedicated the BRC? And, most interestingly, was it the snowy gas pumps apparition (or hallucination) and the audible voice "commission" from God himself? What year was that??? He never says does he? Sounds like it was in Van Wert, but WHEN?? IF, it happened at all before dic told his legendary pile of "miracles" to Elena Whiteside in 1971.

I had to respond to this.

When vpw told his legendary pile of something to Elena W, he DID include some information.

We discussed it in the thread, complete with the page#s.

On page 178, he said it was September of 1942.

""After I met Rosalind Rinker in Indiana, I invited her to visit us in Payne, and

she came for a week that summer of 1942. Maybe it was August. I remember it was near

the end of summer..."

"Then Rosalind left. It was the fall of the year. Kids were back in school already. It

must have been September. I was sitting in my office, an old dentist's office just

around the corner from the church where I prayed-I'll show you that too when we get

there. I bet you it's still there, though I haven't been back here since I left.

I was praying. And I told Father outright that He could have the whole thing, unless

there were real genuine answers that I wouldn't ever have to back up on.

And that's when He spoke to me audibly, just like I'm talking to you now. He said He

would teach me the Word as it had not been known since the first century if I would

teach it to others."

On page 180, he returned to the account.

""Well, on the day God spoke to me, I couldn't believe it. But then I

came to the point by the next day where I said to myself-maybe it's true. So the next

day I talked to God again. I said, 'Lord, if it's really true what you said to me

yesterday, if that was really you talking to me, you've got to give me a sign so that

I can really know, so that I can believe.'

The sky was crystal blue and clear. Not a cloud in sight. It was a beautiful early

autumn day. I said 'If that was really you, and you meant what you said, give me a

sign. Let me see it snow.' My eyes were tightly shut as I prayed. And then I

opened them.

The sky was so white and thick with snow, I couldn't see the tanks at the filling

station on the corner not 75 feet away."

On page 181.

""That's where I was sitting when

I prayed to God to teach me the Word and show me how. And when I opened my eyes, it was

snowing so hard I couldn't see those gas pumps right there." He points to the pumps

a dozen yards or more from the window."

Naturally, there's several problems with this account.

1) In Mrs W's book (ghost-written with some input by her), the account mentions that

he never told anyone about this until shortly before he told Elena W for this book.

Not even his wife. Wife of a minister, this happened, and he never mentioned it to her

at the time. She had to hear it 3 decades later with everyone else.

2) His account changes there also- the account he told Mrs W said the thick snow

made the skies appear BLACK in the middle of the day. The account he gave Elena W

said the thick snow made the skies appear WHITE in the middle of the day.

If this event actually happened and changed his life, he'd reliably remember whether

it made the sky look WHITE or BLACK or left them unchanged.

3) The promise claimed to receive was meaningless. The things he learned were not lost

since the First Century AD. He learned them all from people alive in the 19th and 20th

centuries-which means all the information was available before he started. It was

based on a lack of understanding of a student who didn't know his history. Not a

surprise if an indifferent student like vpw made it up-but completely inexplicable

if GOD ALMIGHTY made errors of that magnitude.

However, I'm going off-topic. My point was that he never specified the date, but

he had it down to the month and year. As for the location, I'd have to check whether

it was Payne or Van Wert or it kept changing, but he specified the window he looked

out of in Elena's book.

Correction: Found it. Page 196.

"after the day that God spoke to me in that old dentist's office in Payne"

It occurred, allegedly, in the old dentist's office in Payne that he was using

as an office external to the church and his home.

Edited by WordWolf
  • Upvote 1

TY WordWolf! Appreciate the info.

I have never even seen Dotsie's book. I'd like to read it sometime to see what her recounting is. Any idea where I can find it to read?

I read Whiteside's book only once. We used to go from Queens to her apt in Manhattan to hang out in the City. I never read the book more than once because Elena "held court" regularly at her place and would tell us the stories orally and many Wierwille-worshipping traditions began based on her experience in OH writing the book. The book she wrote, The Way Living In Love, was "old news" by the time it came out. We city folk never really went for her book. We were driving back and forth to new Knoxville often back in 1971 and 1972. Pressed Down moved to OH. I flew out to record on their first album. We went to summer school and the ROA in 1971. We met and hung with the 1st and 2nd corpses and lived at HQ for the summer school in the unfinished executive office building, the barn and the upper room, along with trailer six and seven, the single corpse women and men's trailers respectively. The entire atmosphere was very casual. Dic and the bigshots were readily available all the time. It was like a big happy family, lots of sports and lots of meetings/teachings in the BRC, a bunch of pizza and beer and burger nights, dances, live music. Totally different than even 7 short years later, and not in a good way. Most of the PFAL series was not even in written form yet. Word of mouth and the grapevine were the main communications from HQ. The books and all the "advanced studies classes" all started pouring out from NK in the first half of the 1970s. You are probably one of the few who has read and catalogued them and posted here at GSC much solid info gleaned from all the books. Thanks for all your work and input through these years of WayDale and the GSC.

• Upvote 1

We looked into the gas pump story a few years ago. The closest major weather reporting station is just across the border in Indiana. If I recall correctly, there is no recorded history of it ever having snowed a measurable amount in September....never.

TY WordWolf! Appreciate the info.

I have never even seen Dotsie's book. I'd like to read it sometime to see what her recounting is. Any idea where I can find it to read?

(snip)

Sadly, I do not.

The closest I have are excerpts that were posted on skyrider's thread,

"Outreach beyond vpw's congregation."

I would have liked more quotes, myself, but I thought what we had there did say quite a bit.

OK, I'll chime in. Of all the letters I've read, one really stands out. The one dated Oct. 20, 1978. It concerns 3 men who started in residence in the 8th WC, were assigned to do research, and wandered off the reservation. I'll spare you my take on it, but I can't help but wonder...these 3 men really seem like "your kind of people". Their conclusions would fit in fine with most of you. Where are they now? Are any of them here?

The 3 men are Peter Bernegger, John Fanning, and Marty McRae. The letter is 6 pages long. Oh, and it's upside down. I had to invert the monitor of my computer to read it. All the other letters are right side up. I was able to print the letter. I couldn't help comparing this letter with Passing of a Patriarch. The last paragraph of the letter (summary and conclusion, lol) is very telling. After making his case against the men, VP admonishes..."Hide this whole affair in your learning heart and do not speak to others about it, not even Corps. Close the lid and throw the key away."

This was heeded. I never heard anything about this. I remember Peter Bernegger had an article in the way mag about the Christmas star and I always wondered why I never heard his name after that, but as a non corps, I felt as informed as anyone about ministry stuff like that. I never had any hint that something like this had happened.

That situation easily had just as much potential to break up the ministry as POP did, but it was never leaked. POP was definitely leaked. I know that POP was read to somebody in April of 1986. I understand only 12 or so people were intended to hear it, but it was leaked. I went to ROA in 86. 20,000 people there, seemed like fellowship as usual, then less than 1 month after that I was on a date and the girl told me that someone had reproved the BOT. Sounded disturbing. Couple weeks after that there's a meeting. Limb leader was there. Damage control. Confusion. "Everybody" was an expert on what was "really" going on. Ministry was never the same after that.

If someone had leaked the 6 page letter back in 78 the same thing could've happened. Anybody remember the letter? The situation? Just curious.