GreaseSpot Cafe

Have you heard of TPP?

Mark Sanguinetti

TPP, the Trans-Pacific Partnership has been kept in secret. For example, I was at a Fair in Marin County, CA today and this evening and I handed out some flyers to some people on this with my informational web site address. Most of the the people that I talked to had not even heard of this. So I am trying to educate people now. This is a corporate trade deal involving 12 nations. Have you at least heard of NAFTA? Below is a link to information on this. And yes, TPP will be bad for US.

tppbadforus.info

This web site has information on U.S. and foreign trade. Yes, this could be considered political, but U.S. foreign trade is mostly economic and legal.

And if you do a Google search on this. Most of the site information that you will find will show that TPP is bad. Except now, we have a Google paid advertisement at the top that pretends that TPP will be good. Just notice the Ad symbol indicating a paid advertisement.

And I am not posting this to start a discussion. I just want to try to help educate the people of our nation. We need this. A link only to this site to help with the research would be good enough.

Edited by Mark Sanguinetti
  • Upvote 1

I don't know why this would be a bad thing for the US. I think it could only benefit.

Here's a better article: TPP - Wikipedia

It's nice for the USA that the USA has been invited to participate in this Pacific Rim arrangement, which has been something the countries from New Zealand to Japan have been keen on for a long time. From the point of view of smaller nations (like NZ) I'm not so sure it's a good thing, but those countries seem to think so.

Whether it's a good thing or a bad thing is not the point. TPP has been a high profile topic of discussion in the U.S. for quite some time. It's not an obscure movement that has gone unnoticed. In that regard, there are an abundance of places, on the internet and otherwise, to discuss it's merits/lack of merits. It's a valid topic and should be discussed....but not on GSC, where we've established a "no politics" policy.

I don't know why this would be a bad thing for the US. I think it could only benefit.

Here's a better article: TPP - Wikipedia

It's nice for the USA that the USA has been invited to participate in this Pacific Rim arrangement, which has been something the countries from New Zealand to Japan have been keen on for a long time. From the point of view of smaller nations (like NZ) I'm not so sure it's a good thing, but those countries seem to think so.

The TPP completely undermines the sovereignty of the US, it's constitution and its citizens. It IS the fruition of the concept of One World Government. It does so by making the trade agreement supercede the lawful rights of US citizens and makes us SUBJECT TO corporate rule by mega-corporations.

An example of how trade agreements make US citizens into subjects is in the recent news that Canadian tar sands/oil interests are suing the US government for $15B for refusal to authorize the Keystone XL pipeline.

My comment is only to explain what it is.

• Upvote 1

Whether it's a good thing or a bad thing is not the point. TPP has been a high profile topic of discussion in the U.S. for quite some time. It's not an obscure movement that has gone unnoticed. In that regard, there are an abundance of places, on the internet and otherwise, to discuss it's merits/lack of merits. It's a valid topic and should be discussed....but not on GSC, where we've established a "no politics" policy.

Most people in the U.S.A. have not heard of TPP. As an example, I asked individual people at an event yesterday if they had heard of TPP and most people said they had not heard of TPP. Yes, you can look it up on Google after you know what to look up. However, you will not know what to look up until you at least know it exists.

This is to provide information on this with information at least showing the math of the U.S. and it's yearly trade deficits. Today our U.S. economy is primarily being stimulated by increased debt, especially federal government. One of the main reasons for this is our yearly U.S. trade deficits. For example, the U.S. federal government owes Communist China over $1 trillion dollars with increases on the interest of loans through federal government bonds. Also U.S. assets are being purchased by China, for example U.S. real estate. This is related to our high yearly U.S. trade deficits with China. This has been the result of our trade with China, which was signed into law as a result of granting China "Most Favored Nation" status in about the year 2000. Since then the U.S. has had trade deficits of over 350 billion dollars a year. We buy their goods and then they are able to buy our U.S. assets. I hope math is O.K. to post on this site.

Now we have a larger corporate trade deal with 12 nations called TPP, Trans-Pacific Partnership. For the U.S. involving trade it would be much better to follow our U.S. constitution. Here is an article on this. Do people consider the U.S. Constitution political or legal?

U.S. Constitution, Article I, Section 8, Paragraphs 1-3

• Upvote 1

TPP has been widely covered all over the major news reporting media. If someone has missed it, they simply have not been paying attention. A random survey of people on the street has no value whatsoever, outside of entertainment. Please stop trying to bring political discussion back to GSC. This is not the proper venue for it.

TPP has been widely covered all over the major news reporting media. If someone has missed it, they simply have not been paying attention. A random survey of people on the street has no value whatsoever, outside of entertainment. Please stop trying to bring political discussion back to GSC. This is not the proper venue for it.

Only if you know what to look using a Google search. This is information on what to look up with a Google search. As another example, have you even seen TPP, Trans-Pacific Partnership on your local newspaper? One of the only days that I saw this included an article written by Michael Froman, the U.S. Trade Deficit Representative who has been the main promoter of TPP. In his article, Froman mentions exports 12 times in his article and 7 times in a chart as part of the article. He mentioned imports and any related word ZERO times

This was published on May 10, 2015 in the San Francisco Chronicle newspaper. When you analyze trade between nations you are suppose to do the calculations for both the exports and the imports. The trade balance of every nation is Exports minus Imports equaling Trade Balance.

Trade Between Nations

It has been read in secret by the Senate and only has been disclosed to the public recently. It is an agreement made by major corporations to keep control of world trade. The "good" they claim it will do is only overshadowed by the profits that it makes for those companies, particularly those who have patents like Big Pharma so that they can sue companies abroad for infringing on their patents. It is several thousand pages and it is still coming out with what exactly is in it.

• Upvote 1

I just found this thread. I have not read it yet. If it is political, it will be locked. But I don't want to make that decision without having read the posts

I just found this thread. I have not read it yet. If it is political, it will be locked. But I don't want to make that decision without having read the posts

Yes, it could be considered political, but it could also be considered legal and it could also be considered economic. I simply mainly wanted to provide a link so that people would read information on this and look this up. I am not here to make many posts on this thread. Also it is not posted to favor a political party. That would be mostly political.

As an example of legal, one of the links has an article with a commentary on the U.S. Constitution that includes a direct quote from one of the sections.

Ok, I looked at this last night before Raf asked me about it and was considering how to address it. Here is my thinking.

I am leaving it visible at least for now but locking it to further comment. This accomodates Mark's stated purpose with the thread, but as with any topic of this nature there are multiple facets one should look at.

It is of course a topic citizens need to be aware of for a variety of reasons, however GSC is not the place to discuss it. Virtually every candidate for POTUS has mentioned it and it surely will continue to be part of those campaigns in one fashion or another. As such I do not want to have a precedent of allowing some political topics and then be faced with disallowing others.