GreaseSpot Cafe

Letter regarding the new theme

shortfuse

Dear Believing Household of The Way:

God bless you exceedingly abundantly above all we can ask or think, in the name of that name above all names, our living Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

On behalf of the Board of Directors of The Way International, it's my privilege to announce the theme for 2016-2017 ministry year. During the coming year, our focus, our passion, our heart, as we go to fellowship, and live the word in our personal heart life, and expand with the Word in our prevailing sphere of influence will be...are you ready?  Overcoming the World by Your Believing!  Isn't that a wonderful blessing? 

Would you like to see the new theme poster?  Let me tell you, it's a blessing.  Our Children’s Fellowships have contributed the drawings depicting our theme. Aren't our kids great artists? If you're wondering how they were able to keep our theme top secret until anniversary, you might be forgetting about wooden spoons. But these posters will be a prevailing blessing, reminding you to believe, standing faithful and steadfast in the apostles doctrine and fellowship and breaking of bread from house to house and speaking in tongues much to bring the promises of God's Word to pass in this crooked and perverse world.  Buy one for each room of your house, now in four languages - English, Spanish, French and now a fourth poster, we're not sure but it's either a tongue of men or angels. Lo Shanda, that's a good poster! There are of course also smaller versions of the poster for your car and cubicle at work, and you can get these same children's drawings on postcards and stationary perfect for sending bless notes, as well as “thank you” notes to our wonderful Board of Directors for their prevailing stand in the household overcoming the world by their *tupos* believing example.

Standing faithfully in the Household of The Way (unlike some people) and pressing towards the mark like the Athletes of the Spirit (the good ones, without the fringe) in the competition of life overcoming and prevailing in this world with you,

The Way
(Can't use real name, because The Internet)

P.S.  Just kidding, it’s me, Rico.

P.P.S. Follow us on Twitter!

• Upvote 2

Short fuse thank you for posting that!

yes Waysider - where does one begin?

so I'll just take a couple stabs at it anyway:

the overcome idea is a big laugh - in the imagination of way believers I guess attacking windmills feels victorious; the way I understand it now it's all about overcoming the obstacles that keep you from following, supporting and promoting TWI...because in the REAL world all of vpw's promises of victory thru his skewed interpretation - aka "the word" fail miserably.

and yikes ! Flashback - children's fellowship / wooden spoon.....that takes me back to my stint in the family corps....besides being "useful" in managing people we learned how Gestapo tactics were also applicable in raising our kids.....reimagining the PFAL story of the mother who lost her little boy due to her fear of him being hit by a car while crossing the street - I think actually it may have been the little boy running in fear from mom brandishing a wooden spoon - darted out into traffic trying to outrun her.

Edited by T-Bone
For clarity
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, shortfuse said:

Was visiting family and just saw the posters up close.  It's bad, guys.   Almost so bad it's good.  Maybe next year.

I am amused by the prominent copyright marks they put on them.  Who honestly would steal this stuff?

another envious cult

3 hours ago, Bolshevik said:

I think we've forgotten that TWI doesn't use anything that hasn't been stolen

LINK

Ha !!! funny link - thanks Bolshevik...

now that gave me an idea....

Plagiarism - an HBO "original" series

I had a quick look at the poster.  Not enticing... :(  The pic in the top right corner of a man reading under a lampshade surprised me.  At first glance (at a thumbnail sketch) I thought it was a seated figure with an enormous paddle behind them, for the beating of small children. ...My bad...

If I am reading/seeing the same poster: "overcoming the world - by your believing", isn't that some of the same propoganda laid on us back in the 70's (Word over the World).

Oh, yeah, if the word did not go over the world, guess who's fault it was - I just loved living in guilt (actually, living in constant guilt is kinda releiving - you are already there).

It's kinda funny/sad that twi is using the same junk they did some 30/40 years ago - like someone posted: nothing new under the sun.  Really: Winston tastes good like a cigarette should - yeh, vpw smoked Kools (I thought only stoners smoked Kools) - VPW would bum a smoke but would not do the same: cheap ole German.  I digress and will get back on thread.

It's the same ole "greeting" as if they were writing an epistle in order to give it an authoritarian-God breathed sound.  That's such BS.  I recall letters from VPW and then the Martindale puke all started out the same.  The presence of Biblical letter head and nothing else; I call that plagerism.  Really, 40 years later and you still don't understand that you are just copying the introductions of great Christians who were actually receiving revelation to write down what God told them?  TWI is very much so living in a past universe, thinking that those old tricks will still work: how outa touch can they be?  What's even worse is how stupid they think their followers are, that's so wrong to treat your followers like imbeciles. When I got those letters I just skipped the whole first paragraph: they were not John, Luke, Paul, et.al.  As I read stuff here on GSC about the current twi it astounds me that they treat their followers as dumb sorts, as they have for decades.  I don't give a rat's butt about twi, live or die but I have this gut feeling about the followers, spending their money on twi and throwing their families and futures to the wind.

At times, I wish I had never involved myself on GSC since I hate seeing that twi is still doing the same stuff to folks as it did 40+ years ago; nothing in the Bible says that greed has a limit.

8 hours ago, MRAP said:

At times, I wish I had never involved myself on GSC since I hate seeing that twi is still doing the same stuff to folks as it did 40+ years ago; nothing in the Bible says that greed has a limit.

Not me.......having found Waydale, and now GSC, all of the information only VERIFIED what I saw from wierwille and his inner circle.

All the red flags, all the pondering of "why?"...........well, it never was God's ministry.  Albeit, there were many good-hearted folks, and even some who endeavored to walk via holy spirit, in twi.......it was not what they purported it to be.  Deception, manipulation and exploitation were pillars to its construction.

8 hours ago, MRAP said:

. . .

That's a price of the internet.  We now have a heightened, detailed awareness of how TWI screwed and continues to screw us.  And since you can't do squat about it, ignorance would have been nice.

(((((T-Bone!))))) Good to "see" you!

The wonderful folks at WayDale and Greasespot helped me realize I wasn't just paranoid and that things weren't as bad as I suspected....they were worse!  I can't imagine how much longer I would have been subjected to all the abuse or how much more damaged I would have been if it hadn't been for the fine folks who post here.

18 hours ago, Belle said:

The wonderful folks at WayDale and Greasespot helped me realize I wasn't just paranoid and that things weren't as bad as I suspected....they were worse!  I can't imagine how much longer I would have been subjected to all the abuse or how much more damaged I would have been if it hadn't been for the fine folks who post here.

Yes.....Waydale and Greasespot gave voice to the prolonged, rampant abuse and systemic evil from wierwille inc.  Account after account, folks were coming forward to detail their episodes and perceptions that helped to "connect the dots" of the mystical character, wierwille, and its mythical history.

(((Belle)))......one of the finer folks at GSC.