GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Movie

15 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Not enough, yet.  Though that's to be expected, of course.  :wave:

George

Of course. BTW, it was putting Bacon and Sutherland together that got me thinking about "Animal House" as a possible answer.

• 1 month later...

Honestly, I would not have known the last three at all, except that Peter Mayhew appeared at Comicpalooza last month.  I know that big fans of the movie would know the names.  But it was either give those names, give really obscure, minor-role actors, or give really FAMOUS stars.

Since you're obviously good with waiting, let's see if Human or anyone else can get it.

George

I might have gotten it from the really obscure actors.  I might have recognized the actors for the 2 relatives, but I'm not sure. I would definitely have recognized DL as WA.  WOuld you believe I was one of the last kids my age to see this movie?  When my family decided to go see it, I got sick, bedridden. They decided to go anyway. I managed to stay standing in line, but lay down and slept for virtually the entire movie. No, they never went to see it again. I finally saw the actual movie on VHS later.  I knew plenty of the story because, for one thing, I had the novelization.    (From time to time, I look back, and think that my family may not have liked me that much.)

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2018 at 9:58 AM, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Actually, a far more famous movie.  Except for a few bit part actors, though, it's hard not to give it away.  Even these might do it:

Eddie Byrne       Alex McCrindle        Peter Cushing

Anthony Daniels    Kenny Baker      Peter Mayhew

George

"Star Wars- Episode IV-A New Hope."

I don't recognize the first 2 actors. Peter Cushing played Grand Moff Tarkin (and, since he wasn't shot full-body, wore slippers with his Imperial Moff uniform.)  Anthony Daniels was See-Threepio, Kenny Baker was Artoo-Detoo, and Peter Mayhew was Chewbacca.  As PM points out, he may not have gotten a medal at the end, but he did have the last line. (Book versions said he got a medal later because Princess Leia wasn't his height.)  The MTV Awards used to have a Lifetime Achievement Award of dubious seriousness. One year, it was awarded to Chewbacca the Wookiee.  AFAIK, it was PM who came out, in costume.  And Carrie Fisher came out and put a medal around his neck.  

How did PM get the job?  He and David Prowse showed up. When they both stood up, they were both hired, and asked which wanted to play a hero, and which wanted to play a villain. Their answers are how we got the casting for Darth Vader and Chewbacca.

2 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Byrne and McCrindle were two of the rebellion generals.

BTW, I saw "Solo" and thought it was fine.  I heard that it wasn't very well received, but I haven't heard any specific criticisms.  What was the problem?

George

Haven't seen it yet.  Might be the actor isn't Harrison Ford (but who is, really?)  Might be it contradicts the novels. Might be popular to bash.  Hard to say from here.  I'm just not getting my hopes up. For me, the heyday of SW/ST has passed, and I can't be too disappointed in current results because they're not the same franchises- at least not in my head.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...