GreaseSpot Cafe

I guess I'm supposed to introduce myself?

StayQuiet

Hi. I'm modcat5, aka Raf.
At StayQuiet's request, I'm modifying this post to make it a tad less revealing.

I think we can say this: He's still in. He's not in the USA. He's thinking about getting out. He's learned a lot since he googled The Way International a few years back.

This is still his thread. I've asked him to write something else I can put here instead. And that is all for now.

Address replies to StayQuiet

• Upvote 2

On 10/8/2016 at 5:23 PM, StayQuiet said:

Edited at StayQuiet's request.

Welcome, StayQuiet.

You're not necessarily expected to do anything in particular here. The forum "New Members" is for those who would like to introduce themselves.

Please consider GSC a safe place for you. Of course, discretion as to the degree to which you reveal any details that might identify you to others outside of GSC is fully understood here.

• Upvote 3

StayQuiet, in order to stay the clandestine phantom (can't spell ghoust) then choose posting any of the details of yourself quite limited.  That's not to say you should not ask all the questions that hit on your heart (as it were).  This site (GSC) has a nearly unlimited supply of folks who are willing and eager to help you who themselves have exited The Way, most of whom are much more qualified than I - in fact, there are some just plain bonifide experts on the subject of organizations like The Way and whom in fact were in the higher reaches of The Way.  That's my 2 cents and will now leave it to the experts.  Oh, I left The Way long time ago - what a breath of freedom.  God speed to you.

Welcome to GSC. As Rocky said, whatever personal information you wish to reveal is entirely up to you. You can redact your post if you do so within a certain time frame. I'm not sure on the time limit. I want to say 12 hours but I'm not sure. If you feel more comfortable simply lurking, feel free to do just that.

• Upvote 1

Hi Stay Quiet and welcome to Grease Spot !!!!!

As the others have expressed - use wisdom in what you want to reveal about yourself.

I think the freedom to think and to choose a course of action is our greatest asset.

..."It's been a wild ride since then with all this new information coming at me"....yeah i can sort of relate to that  - i left in '86 during my corps assignment in the field - during  the aftermath of the passing of the patriarch my mind was energized with a new awareness and hot on the trail of so many questionable things - it was indeed a wild ride.

• Upvote 1

Hi StayQuiet.  Welcome to the Cafe.  It's going to be hard for you to cut ties with TWI because it may mean cutting ties with your parents, depends on how hard-line they are.  Take your time, amass information so that you are confident in your decisions. Try and find some good supportive older friends or contacts who are non-Way related (your friends' parents?).  As an adult [Mod Edit] you're old enough to go it alone, but "alone" is a lonely place to be with a culty background.  

You can also private message people here that you think you can trust, or who can help or advise you.  When I got out (long ago) it was the wisdom of some people here (whose names I still don't know) that really helped me.

• Upvote 1

Welcome.

Also, keep in mind that twi used to have people (we called them "the WayGB") that would read posts here and try to piece together who was who from what they posted. So, if you're later confronted with print-outs of what you posted here, keep in mind you're not the first.  

Welcome!!  TWI canvased the whole area asking every single person about online posting and whatnot trying to uncover who I was when I first started posting here, so please be very careful with any personal or current information that you post here.  Please feel free to send a private message to me or anyone else you feel comfortable with to share that information. That fact alone should be a warning/red flag to someone that things aren't right within that group.

Feel free to ask any questions or share anything that you'd like.  Everyone here is ready, willing and able to help in any way we can.

• Upvote 1

I deleted references to the year StayQuiet was born in order to make it a little more difficult for The Way to pinpoint who he/she is. If you remember, please don't repeat it. Thx.

Later edit:

After further consideration, StayQuiet asked me to remove his original post. I've asked him to write a replacement and I've substituted the original post with some generic placeholder stuff.

Not that we want to encourage paranoia, but I do believe that those who are still in deserve as much ID protection as we can provide.

So, TWI has a need to troll sites in order to maintain what they have, isn't that quite indicitive of a paranoidic administration.

As a founding father of the United States once said: "Fear the government that fears you".

Any organization that feels the need to follow its  people with that/this intently is destined for the big fall.

I think that many of the folk in TWI will be looking for a life boat in the darkness they enter when leaving TWI.

Nearly all of us here sought refuge once leaving TWI, did we not.  There was no GSC when I left, no support group, there was, well, nothing.

TWI is falling apart, the ship is splitting, and right now GSC is dealing with some of the more bold of the folk who have left TWI.

I would ascert that GSC will be seeing more and more and preparations are in order.

Don't get on me Rocky, Please!

Isn't this the responsibility that GSC always hoped for but never anticipated?

Hey, read the GSC mission!!!!

• 10 months later...
On 10/8/2016 at 5:23 PM, StayQuiet said:

Hi. I'm modcat5, aka Raf.
At StayQuiet's request, I'm modifying this post to make it a tad less revealing.

I think we can say this: He's still in. He's not in the USA. He's thinking about getting out. He's learned a lot since he googled The Way International a few years back.

This is still his thread. I've asked him to write something else I can put here instead. And that is all for now.

Address replies to StayQuiet

SQ, I hope you leave TWI, as soon as possible.  Life outside of TWI, can be wonderful.  Shalom!