GreaseSpot Cafe

Twi's spiritual legitimacy is waning

skyrider

Great posts everyone!!  I remember what a stir the PooP created in TWI back in 1986 when it came out.  WOW!  Until I read it for myself, I had no idea of what had ben going on behind the scenes at TWI; I was shocked that

everything at HQ wasn't all sweetness and light.  In my Twig in RI, everything was great; classes were running, attending fellowship was still fun, and believers were being blessed.  I know because I was there; when I found out that much of TWI was going thru hard times , I was shocked. So when CG wrote his PooP paper, I had no idea of what was happening outside of RI.  I can well understand though, why so many people left.  Many of the leaders in TWI, were abusing people, cheating on their spouses, and not living Godly lives.  Years later, I realized that Geer himself was not the MOG he pretended to be.  After coming to the GSC, I learned that LCM was also a fraud.  These two men, and others had caused any number of believers a great deal of grief, and sorrow.  My heart bleeds for those who were used by the so-called leaders in TWI.  And still some people have no idea, or don't care, about how destructive TWI turned out to be.  I can not believe that TWI is still in operation.  Why? I guess it is still all about the money; when the money is gone, TWI will probably disband, IMHP.

13 hours ago, Thomas Loy Bumgarner said:

Star of the Show was by Pressed Down, Shaken Together, and Running Over(old school Way Productions). New theme should be Welcome to the hotel Wierwille, such a crappy place(apologies to The Eagles).

that's it - thanks

19 hours ago, Thomas Loy Bumgarner said:

Star of the Show was by Pressed Down, Shaken Together, and Running Over(old school Way Productions). New theme should be Welcome to the hotel Wierwille, such a crappy place(apologies to The Eagles).

The new theme doesn't deserve legitimacy via association with the Eagles, one of the best bands of all time.

But it does bring up the point in quality of Way Productions:

Old - Pressed Down

New - "The Renewed Mind is the Key" - the soup

'nuff said.

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 6:52 PM, Grace Valerie Claire said:

Great posts everyone!!  I remember what a stir the PooP created in TWI back in 1986 when it came out.  WOW!  Until I read it for myself, I had no idea of what had ben going on behind the scenes at TWI; I was shocked that everything at HQ wasn't all sweetness and light.  

......snip

Yes........Chris Ge-er's poop paper made quite a stir, but his over-the-top bloviating was full of holes.

Did all those people who climbed onboard with Geer ever stop to think about all the implications of what he said in that "Patriarch Paper?"

Bad Decisions

• 10 months later...

It's music was similar to the Eagles and 3 Dog Night, more folk style while Good Seed was akin to Chicago in its musically style

• 10 months later...

My, tastes in Christian music is traditional pipe organ and choral(Lutheran, Episcopalian/Anglican, Russian Orthodox, Catholic, Moravian). Any CCM I listen to is Hillsongs, Paul Baloche, Newsboys, Don Moen, Lincoln Brewster, etc.

On 8/17/2018 at 10:31 PM, Karin said:

I loved listening to that band -wish I could find their album. They were very talented.  I was n the ministry in the early 70s. It gave me a love of the Bible. 

Hello, Karin. I see you are new to GSC. Welcome aboard.

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 9:31 PM, Karin said:

I loved listening to that band -wish I could find their album. They were very talented.  I was n the ministry in the early 70s. It gave me a love of the Bible

welcome to Grease Spot, Karin !

"I loved listening to that band"

me too 

"It gave me a love of the Bible"

me too