GreaseSpot Cafe

My name is Randy George.  I am a 16th Corps grad and spent my interim year in 1986 on staff at Headquarters and later worked on staff from 1992 - 1999 in the MIS Department and sang in the Chorus Choir during that time.  I left The Way in 2001 and now live in Orlando Florida with my wife Cathy and our three boys, all now adults 21 years and up.   A number of years ago I posted links here of home videos I made during that time but the website I posted them to has since disappeared.  I have uploaded over two hours of video to YouTube of both the original content and other content that I previously had not posted anywhere.  The two videos are marked "unlisted" which means that the only way you will be able to find them is using these links.  I am posting the links here with the hope that some will find the content meaningful.  Anyone who has been in The Way will be able to appreciate the people and places that I have documented in these videos.  If you have any questions or suggestions please drop me an email at rag421@juno.com.  Enjoy!

Randy

Table of contents attached and also included in the description on YouTube.

The Way Home Videos - Table of Contents parts 1 and 2.docx

3 hours ago, royal-gorge said:
My name is Randy George.  I am a 16th Corps grad and spent my interim year in 1986 on staff at Headquarters and later worked on staff from 1992 - 1999 in the MIS Department and sang in the Chorus Choir during that time.  I left The Way in 2001 and now live in Orlando Florida with my wife Cathy and our three boys, all now adults 21 years and up.   A number of years ago I posted links here of home videos I made during that time but the website I posted them to has since disappeared.  I have uploaded over two hours of video to YouTube of both the original content and other content that I previously had not posted anywhere.  The two videos are marked "unlisted" which means that the only way you will be able to find them is using these links.  I am posting the links here with the hope that some will find the content meaningful.  Anyone who has been in The Way will be able to appreciate the people and places that I have documented in these videos.  If you have any questions or suggestions please drop me an email at rag421@juno.com.  Enjoy!

Randy

Table of contents attached and also included in the description on YouTube.

The Way Home Videos - Table of Contents parts 1 and 2.docx

Randy, the little kids in these movies are so cute; I wanted to hug, and kiss them!! But, at the same time, I felt sorry for them.  I wonder how their lives were affected by their time in TWI.  

Thankyou for posting Randy ! I think the horrible part is knowing now that not just the kids but the waiters, waitresses, the people that set up the room, the chefs, really all the behind and in front scenes people with great hearts could at any time be 'reamed', yelled and screamed at, reproved heavily for any minor misdemeanour such as, oh I don't know, perhaps missing their cue to come over to a table for something.....by any of those stepford smile women there. Quite devilish actually

• Upvote 1

What stands out to me is the server/servee situation.  How to some become the waited-on and others the waiters?  Notice how they stand in attention, not partaking of the festivities but relegated to meeting the needs of the party-goers.  And the party-goers don't seem to be having much of a good time either. They were probably required to be there and required to enjoy themselves.

Edited by outandabout