GreaseSpot Cafe

Open Letter to Jean-Yves De Lisle

skyrider

30 minutes ago, Twinky said:

So Skyrider, do you want to start a new "Open Letter to Vern Edwards" now? :biglaugh:

New broom sweeps clean, and all that.  Yeah, right.

Maybe I will.

Vern's brother is here in Indiana..........he and his wife, 11th corps, exited twi about 20 years ago.

Who knows?  Perhaps, that open letter to JYDL did some good.....and exposed some evil?

On 2/19/2020 at 3:27 PM, socks said:

(snip)...

In the Way there was brain freeze on understanding the relationship between fact and truth - truth was "The Word" and there was no truth beyond the immutable spiritual truths of God and His Word. Facts were treated like the children of a lesser god, the terminal bits of reality that come and go with the winds of doubt and fear, never to be trusted. 

In the Advanced class the teaching went that the revelation manifestations revealed (God willing) the "truths or facts concerning any situation about which it is humanly impossible to know anything about".......if memory serves and it seems to be, today. So there was a value to knowing "THE" facts of something, but typically that could go be devalued quickly if those facts were inconvenient or well, didn't serve someone's interests.....cause if you think about it God was either a NOT REVEALING ANY FACTS by those revelation manifestations in A LOT OF situations over the years or those facts being revealed were being ignore - or missed. Or both. ...(snip)

Yes !  along my journey through crazy town were tidbits of "wisdom" that wierwille sprinkled all about...like the spiritual realm being a greater reality than the natural world...On Page 23 & 24 of "The Bible Tells Me So", in the chapter "Are You Limiting God?" wierwille says:

".. .We frequently limit God in ourselves by our wrong believing, by accepting the knowledge that comes to us through our senses. Our reason says, 'That just cannot be,' and so we confess the negative, when all the time His spirit within us is crying out, 'Sufficiency in everything.'

We have been so schooled to revere the knowledge that comes to us through our five senses that we fail to recognize the knowledge that comes from the higher realm, the spiritual where the Word of God, and not reason, has first place. Both realms or worlds are here: the natural world is factual; the spiritual world is true.

As there are four kingdoms in this world, and one supersedes the other: the plant kingdom, animal kingdom, kingdom of man and the Kingdom of God; so, there is a natural world and a supernatural or spiritual world.

The natural world and everything in it comes to the mind through or by way of the natural senses. The truths of the spiritual world are absolutely not dependent upon the senses, but rather on the spirit from God in man." 

== == == ==

Makes me think of the old shell game   - involving sleight of hand, in which three inverted cups are moved about, and contestants must spot which is the one with a pea underneath - it's a deceptive and evasive action or ploy; if you were looking for the truth he would be the one to show you how to find it. forget about the knowledge that comes to us through our five senses. Just trust in wierwille to lead you to the truth. For those of you who were in TWI around the time of the Jonestown massacre ,  remember how wierwille put his own spin on it - saying the massacre was accomplished by a conspiracy of our own government to induce people to fear cults. here's the subliminal message - relax, no need to fear even megalomaniac-type cult leaders whoever they might be (cough, cough) - instead fear the government that wants to take away your religious freedom...       

...nice misdirection there. 

wierwille was the David Blaine of "teachers" – he was adept at making facts and reality practically disappear – by misdirection - as a magician conceals what he or she is doing by directing the audience's attention away to something else.

Other leaders well-schooled in the fine art of misdirection conducted a variety of illusions. A time that especially comes to mind is the aftermath that came in the wake of Chris G’s Passing of a Patriarch. According to him, it wasn’t good enough to just have the facts – you had to know “the truth behind the facts”. (“what the fvck is that ??!!” says my mind now freed from cult-brainwashing). According to some leaders who bought into this misdirection bull$hit - to even think about calling into question a leader’s role or responsibility over something was considered entertaining devil spirits. And damn if you actually said something to someone else about it – you were accused of murmuring...

...yup - - facts were ignored...missed...glossed over...whitewashed...a magical disappearing act indeed.

Edited by T-Bone
the revision behind the facts

10 hours ago, T-Bone said:

to even think about calling into question a leader’s role or responsibility over something was considered entertaining devil spirits. And damn if you actually said something to someone else about it – you were accused of murmuring...

Ain't that the truth!

How it all overlooks that God is a God of common sense.  He doesn't ask us to do stupid things.  He asks us to embed his word in our hearts and then act accordingly.  Acting against, or ignoring, common sense is "tempting God."  Did Jesus think he could fly?  Jump off the temple?  Did he do stupid things?  No.  But he could go above and beyond common sense where he needed to.

Relationships and lives have been ruined because some leader intervened in a situation about which he had no knowledge whatsoever, but spouted off whatever "wisdom" or random thought he happened to think at the time.  And if such "wisdom" were ignored, and then there was a negative outcome, it was the other person's fault because they didn't listen to the wisdom.  Never mind that the situation could have been even worse if it were followed.

All a sham.  And a shame.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, penguin2 said:

So, what do you do if you are Jean-Yves and you realize that THE final move of power was demoting you as she walks out of the boardroom?

Possibly rejoice at being out of the place!!!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 1/27/2018 at 10:45 AM, skyrider said:

An Insidious Plan..........(proceeding in a gradual, subtle way; intending to entrap and harm)

• Where spiritual abuse intersects with multi-level marketing scams
  • People are disposable......keep payroll and any "retirement pensions" at minimum levels
  • Whitewash the history......and laud programs and classes with International wayspeak
  • Love-bomb the newbies with all the "benefits" to their biblical research
  • Keep polishing the bannisters and manicuring the grass.....newbies won't see deception
  • Entrap them in dependency to commit/give to the cult (gain access to their wallets)
  • Generic website and way magazines......all information and contact lists centrally controlled

The wheels of justice turn slowly, but grind exceedingly fine.

Sky, I first got involved with TWI over 40 years ago.  All the points you mentioned, happened to thousands of us, decades ago.  Same Bulls--t, just a different day.  I feel for those people who will work for TWI, at minimum pay.  I officially retired in January, of 2020.  Those monthly SS Checks, combined with my VA Stipend, are wonderful. For the first time in my life, I am financially stable.  I fear those people who depend on TWI for a living, will have a hard time after they retire.

• Like 1