GreaseSpot Cafe

No Advanced Class

JustSayNO

By "advanced", do they mean to move forward in (wasted) time?

Really this all means that the spiritual maturity of the home fellowships have risen to a level where the Advanced Class is not longer needed (for wasting ABS).  

This is cause for celebration. 

• Upvote 2

When I was in twi, at hq, they were struggling with dismal attendance at the advanced class. So, they let advanced class grads attend (they had to work of course) to make the vee pee auditorium seem not so empty. I distinctly remember my conversation with John Rupp at the time, that we were preparing for an influx of God's people. He simply said "yupp" and kept driving me back to the brc. He had a dismissive look of one who not only has read the writing on the wall, but was charged with puntuation.

My point. Twi is fading and no band aid will stop the hemorrhaging. I guess Gamaliel was right.

• Upvote 1

On 11/26/2016 at 9:28 AM, penworks said:

Hi Out 'n' About. Cheers to you for joining in the conversation and we do welcome you with open minds and open hearts. Thanks for filling us in on current news. People ask me if TWI is still in existence and I say yes, but the number of followers is low now. What would be your estimate, nation-wide or world-wide, of active "members?"

Take good care and feel free to ask whatever questions here that you want. By leaving TWI, you can question anything and everything. Yay!

Good question!!  Does anyone have an answer?

4 hours ago, Grace Valerie Claire said:

Good question!!  Does anyone have an answer?

I'm not sure anyone really knows. When I was active corps, so around 2008, I knew corps on the field who were trying to figure out what to do with their "rosters." The records they had for their areas of responsibility were inflated with folks who no longer had anything to do with TWI. This was very common, so, I doubt the bod really knew/know either.

Consider this information in light of being a salaried limb/branch coordinator vs non-salaried. Corp have the incentive to cook the books to stay full time, vs basically working two full time jobs - secular proffesions and their corps assignment.

I think the bottom line is the numbers are dismal for active grads, and probably worse for new attendees. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/26/2016 at 11:24 AM, chockfull said:

Charlene, my unconfirmed USA numbers count from around the vicinity of 10 years ago was about 4500 in the United States total.  Even then they were making all the fellowship coordinators get permission from the Trunk office to remove a member from the rolls.   Even then they wanted this info concealed - even the region coordinators didn't have hard numbers of other regions.  

I don't know hard numbers now, I'm sure that is something the BODummies wants to keep concealed.  My guess would be about 50% of those numbers currently, after rfr went on various rampages kicking people out.  I mean 2500 may not be 100% accurate, but I bet you it is not an order of magnitude off, like it's not 25,000 in the US.

Basically the Way's membership in the US (which is kind of funny because on one hand they say they don't have any members, on the other they have these processes to keep people on the books?) is about the same as a medium sized community church in a larger city.  

So true. 2500 is nothing. It won't last. 

NZ twi has only 50 solid members minus the children.When time does come for those in NZ to take the class,it's 90% of the kids raised in twi

From a timeframe from 2008 to my exit in 2014.Never saw any growth no new members...just one or two maybe stuck around for 6 months max.No advanced class and most had taken it.Plenty of foundational,intermediate and dta but that's about it.As advanced class only be taken in usa.Last advanced class taken in nz was in 93' or 94' not sure maybe Twinky knows.Big recruitment drive to take this class ladadada...doesn't matter if you have taken it 10x already! was normal to see same members take class together as NZ is small in comparison to US

In my opinion I'm not suprised no advanced class.Serves em right maybe the innies are starting to see the light?!

Yes 1994 it would have been.  Only AC ever run in NZ.  Big show made of it and people came from Australia and a couple came from USA representing HQ: Bru-ce ?? and his wife, can't remember their names. Everyone went up north for a week, to a nice location on the beach (of which there are many in NZ).  Big push getting people ready for it.  HG, you told me privately who's still around and most of those people took that AC class and so have had very little to do directly with HQ except perhaps (decades ago) having gone to RoA, which was hardly representative of what long-term living/being involved with TWI was like.

• Upvote 1

The name of the beach was Omapere.Located in the upper north island.Sandunes are still there.Beautiful beach and let's not forget the fish and chips.Yes my mother had taken that class.Heard stories about it,riddles,people getting publicly reproved etc...not too sure of name Bruce? I know the likes of Mich@el Walker, Geoff or Jeff from Australia..

• 4 months later...
On 11/22/2016 at 9:17 AM, JustSayNO said:

Just got an email from a friend still in. The last fellowship in his state is disbanding and he mentioned no Advanced Class this year. Dont know if he meant this past summer or if he was referring to next year.I know its vague info, but I respect him too much to share which state and I havent gotten a reply to elaborate on the Advanced Class. 

Just a FYI.

I wonder if they have enough people for one.

On 11/30/2016 at 3:06 AM, OldSkool said:

I'm not sure anyone really knows. When I was active corps, so around 2008, I knew corps on the field who were trying to figure out what to do with their "rosters." The records they had for their areas of responsibility were inflated with folks who no longer had anything to do with TWI. This was very common, so, I doubt the bod really knew/know either.

Consider this information in light of being a salaried limb/branch coordinator vs non-salaried. Corp have the incentive to cook the books to stay full time, vs basically working two full time jobs - secular proffesions and their corps assignment.

I think the bottom line is the numbers are dismal for active grads, and probably worse for new attendees. 

OS, I didn't know that!  Thanks for the information.

On 1/7/2017 at 9:53 PM, higherground30 said:

NZ twi has only 50 solid members minus the children.When time does come for those in NZ to take the class,it's 90% of the kids raised in twi

From a timeframe from 2008 to my exit in 2014.Never saw any growth no new members...just one or two maybe stuck around for 6 months max.No advanced class and most had taken it.Plenty of foundational,intermediate and dta but that's about it.As advanced class only be taken in usa.Last advanced class taken in nz was in 93' or 94' not sure maybe Twinky knows.Big recruitment drive to take this class ladadada...doesn't matter if you have taken it 10x already! was normal to see same members take class together as NZ is small in comparison to US

In my opinion I'm not suprised no advanced class.Serves em right maybe the innies are starting to see the light?!

HG, God I hope so. I hope the innies leave, and take their kids with them.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2016 at 11:36 AM, Bolshevik said:

By "advanced", do they mean to move forward in (wasted) time?

Really this all means that the spiritual maturity of the home fellowships have risen to a level where the Advanced Class is not longer needed (for wasting ABS).  

This is cause for celebration. 

Bolshevik, you are so right!  It is a cause for celebration!  In my view, the AC was a waste of time, and money!!

On 1/7/2017 at 9:53 PM, higherground30 said:

I hope they are HG 30!!  I think more, and more people realize that the TWI is a cult, and will an evil one at that!!  But, if TWI does fold, what happens to all its money??:asdf: