GreaseSpot Cafe

The true test of Rosalie's "retirement"

skyrider

The true test of Rosalie's "retirement" is NOT that she steps down in January 2017, but........will she step aside?

When wierwille retired in 1982, he ushered in a very public ceremony for the installation of the next president, L. Craig Martindale.  Wierwille played up the fact that he was twi's president for 40 years (which he wasn't)......and the biblical significance of the number 40.  Along with all the mantle/salt/oil/vows of this ceremony......wierwille was given a retirement gift, a Harley motorcycle and side-car, the "twig-hopper", to ride away in the golden sunset.  Even though wierwille was facing health problems and the removal of an eye.....it wasn't long before he tried to re-insert his advise and "spiritual" judgment to the fore for the new trustees and corps household.  Running to Emporia and Gartmore, wierwille tried to re-insert himself into, seemingly, spiritual relevancy.......again and again.

Of course, martindale didn't do this........he was OUSTED.  He slid out the back door of the corps chalet in the dark of night......headed to Toledo.

Now......Rosalie is on the cusp of retirement, but will she?  Will she step aside and keep her mouth shut?  It's one thing to retire.....and step away from the day-by-day, hour-by hour petty onslaught of decisions that factor into cult micromanagement, but STILL WANT TO BE INVOLVED in the grand scheme of things.  After all, she IS "the one who kept twi from going down in flames after the martindale-sexual-predation-scandal" that brought torrents of unwanted publicity to its shores.  She deserves to be heard......whenever she chooses to speak.  She has been "The Administrator"......and now, revered Emeritus Trustee (for Gawd-sake).  And, she has a home less than a mile away from the OSC building.

Will she walk the OSC hallways, eat frequently in the OSC cafeteria and keep close tabs on JYDL? 

I suspect that, even though she is retiring..........she will NOT step aside.  The agenda is simply to put a new face, and younger international face, on twi.......as twi tries, again, to stop the hemorrhaging of numbers.  JYDL is the new face.........Rosalie is the "wink and nod" behind the scenes.  Same as wierwille did.  Same-old, same-old. 

Will the wayfers play along?  Let's play "Reach the Next Generation with JYDL" starting 2017.  Get pumped for an exciting year and new president!!

Unless she has her retirement already planned out as something that takes her to someplace else (like back to NC), or unless the new administrator effectively asserts his dominance over the organization, human behavior/nature suggests she's not going anywhere in terms of exerting authority on the (dis)organization.

I personally don't think Rosalie will ever step aside until her health stops her. She has spent too many years sweeping under the rug all the evil done by Victor Paul wierwille, Craig martindale, herself, donna Martindale - the list could go on.

She is also an extreme micromanager. An oldie but goodie of an example is when she was department coordinator of way publications she had her staff sign in and out to use the restroom. Another example is having all the department coordinators secretly report sts attendance each Monday morning.

My examples simply illustrate her desire to control even the smallest aspects of people's lives when given the chance. Oh, not to mention illegally pulling attendance at a "voluntary church service" each week. When people were flagged missing the sts rosalie had department coordinators confront their staff as to why they weren't there. I was required to "follow up" on many occasions with staffers to have them explain why they weren't there and subtly strong arm them to attend the sts.

I don't know exactly how she will do it, but u can best believe she will remain in the background pulling as many puppet strings as she can.

I suspect she is behind the new marketing effort to make TWI appealing to more people before she "steps down."  There are several newish Way websites listed in the right-hand sidebar of the main website. IMO, they are an attempt at showing different "faces" for the organization. Here's one A more modern looking TWI website.

The common thread: they hammer away with V.P. Wierwille's insistence that TWI offers followers a way to find "the accuracy of the Word." With no credentials, with no understanding of what everyone OUTSIDE TWI considers as "biblical research," it may be that the next TWI "prez" --without R.R.'s marketing skills that she learned first-hand from VPW, will have his hands full trying to convince outsiders that TWI is what it purports to be. 

Edited by penworks
  • Upvote 2

Who knows if anyone will successfully muzzle the old bag.

It would never happen willingly.  That's like asking if retired people with OCD stop cleaning their house when they retire.   Likewise the obsession to micromanage will never be relinquished easily.  I can just picture her getting all twitchy with someone suggesting removing the STS attendance checks at HQ in a "president's cabinet" meeting.  

I'm sure the Way loves to look down their nose at all of us here regarding our "predictions of the future" or whatever.  To be honest it's no big feat to predict the future of an organization whose response to requests to change by the BODummies is "we are going to run on the rails that got us here".   There's a train.  There's a track.  The track has a fixed beginning and end point.  You chose the metaphor.

I couldn't give a toss, really, about Rosalie or about TWI.

If Rosalie's retirement is boring, however, I'll invite her to come alongside me for a week - to see how I serve in my community and how God allows me to meet peple's needs (and how they meet mine, by paying me!).

While she's here, she can also come alongside my church (in a low-income community) and see the many things that this church does to engage people, help meet their needs, make the building available to all sorts of people in all sorts of receptivity.  A few strange and nervous people have just ventured as far as the couch in the lobby and sat there for months before venturing a "hello" without being talked to first.  But now, they are contributing members of the congregation.  The young people have football and table tennis tournaments.  Every six months, we hire skips and people from the estate bring rubbish (rather than let it litter the estate) and better stuff is sold at the cost of pennies.  The old and lonely have meetings there, too.  There are two or three events/meetings in the church every day, as different ways of meeting the community's needs and showing Christian love to them. 

She wouldn't be bored; there's always something going on.  The kitchen is a good place to be.  Lots of our activities involve food or at least drinks, available for donation - or nothing.  Lots of plates and cups to wash (we have a dishwasher).  Dishroom duty isn't considered a punishment posting; it's a blessing to be able to serve.  Come on in!!

Then, maybe, she could go back and share some of what she'd learned about Service, Living the Word, Believing Action, and suchlike.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, penworks said:

I suspect she is behind the new marketing effort to make TWI appealing to more people before she "steps down."  There are several newish Way websites listed in the right-hand sidebar of the main website. IMO, they are an attempt at showing different "faces" for the organization. Here's one A more modern looking TWI website.

This is really interesting.  It's actually smart.  It's an SEO campaign.  I recommended something like this 10 years ago when I was still on Team Wayfer.  It used to be that any keywords you would associate with TWI would return anti-way sites in search engine results. John Juedes stuff, Greasespot articles and forums, other cult related writings would be at the top.  They could have changed that by putting out more content across more platforms.  As you know they were way late to the game of even having a website.  

Fast forward to present, and somebody has convinced Rosalie to experiment with this stuff.  It's honestly surprising.  But it is as you say marketing.  I don't think they expect to reach anyone through these alternate channels, but maybe they are probing for what appeals most.  Ultimately though, these additional sites, like TWI Twitter and Flickr feeds are all about boosting the rankings in search engines.  Good job, Millennial Wayfer, whoever you are.

You're right, much better looking website (what's "weeble"?) - but the button takes you straight back to the boring usual page.  I don't like websites where there are constantly moving things and buttons to press, etc, but the Way's website is static beyond belief (well - like the organisation, really).  Take one look and you are boooorrrreeeeddddd rigid within seconds.  Not attractive.  Hear that, Way Pubs?  It's scarily boring!

22 hours ago, shortfuse said:

This is really interesting.  It's actually smart.  It's an SEO campaign.  I recommended something like this 10 years ago when I was still on Team Wayfer.  It used to be that any keywords you would associate with TWI would return anti-way sites in search engine results. John Juedes stuff, Greasespot articles and forums, other cult related writings would be at the top.  They could have changed that by putting out more content across more platforms.  As you know they were way late to the game of even having a website.  

Fast forward to present, and somebody has convinced Rosalie to experiment with this stuff.  It's honestly surprising.  But it is as you say marketing.  I don't think they expect to reach anyone through these alternate channels, but maybe they are probing for what appeals most.  Ultimately though, these additional sites, like TWI Twitter and Flickr feeds are all about boosting the rankings in search engines.  Good job, Millennial Wayfer, whoever you are.

Wow I hadn't thought of that.  I went and looked at search rankings.  Basically Greasespot Café shows up almost nowhere any more w/r to The Way International searches.  I think when the documents section was up that was what boosted the rankings.  Just the forum only isn't found. 

Yeah.......that's all twi's got anymore.  Control the message that is getting out to others.

The more one ventures into the cavernous pathway of twi, the more danger arises:  1) Top-down approach of all mandates/controls, 2) Lifetime of subservient obedience, 3) Twi is mediator between what's godly and what's forbidden, 4) All research is filtered thru wierwille-wholecloth, 5) Debt-free doctrine is new, seductive agenda, 6) Twi vs All Christian/Non-Christian Leadership in every denomination, 7) Parents, families, friends and co-workers can be the devil's conduits---Only twi is the right way, 8) Etc. etc.

Twi has to control the message to their followers......otherwise, open communication and critical thinking processes help to expose twi's seduction.  Whenever their doctrine (and fruit) is exposed to the light of day.......wierwille/twi has ALWAYS tried to scurry back into the shadows and darkness.

Rosalie will NEVER "retire" from the twi-messaging, because it is the only way to sustain twi-relevance.   The wierwille-mystique ALWAYS needs propping up, because it was built on a lie.  The whole "man-of-God-for-this-day-and-time" shtick was a fabricated lie from a narcissistic, bloviating conman.

If JYDL had been mentored in sound doctrine and able to walk by the spirit of God, why would Rosalie be needed at all to stand behind the scenes "winking and nodding" to direct his judgments?"

23 minutes ago, skyrider said:

If JYDL had been mentored in sound doctrine and able to walk by the spirit of God, why would Rosalie be needed at all to stand behind the scenes "winking and nodding" to direct his judgments?"

From where I sit they look and act more like Pharisees than any mentorship in Christianity or Christian leadership.  As such, Matt 23:15 is descriptive:

"Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves."

w/r to SEO optimization and controlling messages, I think this site has hurt their membership rolls and recruiting efforts.  It is absolutely a strategic and targeted campaign they have done expanding all the different websites for the sole purpose of flooding search engine results to obscure negative sources, including Juedes and others that have a great deal of informational content.  This site has the most of anywhere.  I think they also fight wikipedia edits to control narrative.  Fighting VPW's image by obscuring old stories like from here (and penworks book is pretty telling there too) is a key strategic point for their ongoing existence.  Whitewash VP because he is a generation removed, then try and love bomb millenials.

Do we care?

Chock - Waydale, GSC, John Juedes, et al. have done MAJOR damage to the way international's ability, to not only recruit new blood, but retain it's existing membership base. 

I went way disciple twice. Countless potential new people we spoke with would have nothing to do with us after they had the chance to consult with Mr google. Many of them told me things about twi I didn't know or believe at the time. 

The way international warned  their staff on several occasions to stay off the Internet during the lawsuits. I also received the same warning on the field before I was assigned to twi hq. I know for a fact that rosalie hates the Internet, considering it a forum for dirty communication. Thanks rosie for helping others stay away from the way international, even though you were always too out of touch to realise the effect of your ignorance.

The damage is done many times over. They can't supress the truth even though they still try. Search rankings aside, the truth of the way international's sordid past is out of the bag and it's not going back in. Anyone who does due diligence on the way international, Victor Paul wierwille, lcm, rosalie fox rivenbark, etc, will find the truth.

However, the document section was an invaluable resource. I thank Pawtucket, and many others who have contributed time and resources at grease spot cafe. This community served a large part in my departure from the way international. 

Edited by OldSkool
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, OldSkool said:

The way international warned  their staff on several occasions to stay off the Internet during the lawsuits. I also received the same warning on the field before I was assigned to twi hq. I know for a fact that rosalie hates the Internet, considering it a forum for dirty communication. Thanks rosie for helping others stay away from the way international, even though you were always too out of touch to realise the effect of your ignorance.

The damage is done many times over. They can't supress the truth even though they still try. Search rankings aside, the truth of the way international's sordid past is out of the bag and it's not going back in. Anyone who does due diligence on the way international, Victor Paul wierwille, lcm, rosalie fox rivenbark, etc, will find the truth.

Ironic, ain't it?.........warning twi staff to stay off the internet.  And, why not tell them to stay at the compound.....do NOT go to New Knoxville, St. Marys, New Bremen, Wapakoneta, or Minster and talk to local folks?  The more twi tries to CONTROL PEOPLE, the more they show their CULT-colors.  That mandate alone should have sent red flags waving wildly in cold breeze for all staffers to see......but alas, for many, the institutionalization has taken hold.

I, too, believe that Waydale, GSC and these books [The Cult that Snapped, Losing the Way and Undertow] have done, and are doing, major damage to twi.  The mere fact that Rosalie and co. failed to entice a surge of youngbloods to work at headquarters, "the spiritual epicenter of the world" donchaknow, speaks VOLUMES to its prevailing (cough, cough) message.  Twi is more widely associated with DECEPTION than all its mumbo-jumbo.

Yep.....wierwille chose to move twi to the family farm to launch "his" minus-try in compound-isolation and deception, and the ruse worked for a couple of decades.....BUT it doesn't work anymore.  And, I don't think it will ever work again.

3 hours ago, skyrider said:

Ironic, ain't it?.........warning twi staff to stay off the internet.  And, why not tell them to stay at the compound.....do NOT go to New Knoxville, St. Marys, New Bremen, Wapakoneta, or Minster and talk to local folks?  The more twi tries to CONTROL PEOPLE, the more they show their CULT-colors.  That mandate alone should have sent red flags waving wildly in cold breeze for all staffers to see......but alas, for many, the institutionalization has taken hold.

I, too, believe that Waydale, GSC and these books [The Cult that Snapped, Losing the Way and Undertow] have done, and are doing, major damage to twi.  The mere fact that Rosalie and co. failed to entice a surge of youngbloods to work at headquarters, "the spiritual epicenter [sphincter?] of the world" donchaknow, speaks VOLUMES to its prevailing (cough, cough) message.  Twi is more widely associated with DECEPTION than all its mumbo-jumbo.

Yep.....wierwille chose to move twi to the family farm to launch "his" minus-try in compound-isolation and deception, and the ruse worked for a couple of decades.....BUT it doesn't work anymore.  And, I don't think it will ever work again.

• 9 months later...
On 12/1/2016 at 9:07 AM, penworks said:

The common thread: they hammer away with V.P. Wierwille's insistence that TWI offers followers a way to find "the accuracy of the Word." With no credentials, with no understanding of what everyone OUTSIDE TWI considers as "biblical research," it may be that the next TWI "prez" --without R.R.'s marketing skills that she learned first-hand from VPW, will have his hands full trying to convince outsiders that TWI is what it purports to be. 

Penworks, thanks for that link.  You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig.:realmad:

On 12/1/2016 at 9:07 AM, penworks said:

Nuts! Double post!  Excuse me.