GreaseSpot Cafe

divine healing via John G Lake ministries

jim jack

5 hours ago, jim jack said:

TLC..I think I know what "TLC" is..& if I'm correct..I'm hoping it describes you..I seldom desire to pass any kind of judgement on another via another person's "take"..I respect the fact that you won't be intimidated..as being manipulated isn't what I'm about...either..I think what I'd like you to know is..doctrinally "the things that I do ye shall do & greater" is quite a deal.God wants us to be conformed to the image of his son..& what did the son do?? Love the unlovable..heal the sick/ raise the dead/ walk on water..etc etc.. James speaks of being doers of the word & not hearers only deceiving ourselves..that would be the worse thing I personally would ever desire for "me",,thinking I'm good but by not acting on the knowledge I have..but puffed up by it.if so then.I'm deceived. Blake & gang claim to be healing people world wide..they give testimony after testimony & either they're a pack of liars [or perhaps just very good con operators] or its actually the truth..I heard of this awhile back & my first thought was..I wanna be part of this..I was encouraged in it years ago but never saw the fruit of it..See...we never ever (as followers (unless perhaps you were Way Corp)) ever heard our leaders sharing about the healings left & right..these guys do.. as lives are being helped in the area of siickness  & mental anguish....I am being fed & the more I'm tasting the hungrier I'm getting..love it..even at my "old age" LOL  DWBH is saying he doesn't want to check this stuff out...thats fine..I wonder who will as its not a demand at all..but I think you'll be suprised at the integrity of the man sharing & his heart to duplicate himself in this area of ministering..

Pardon the skepticism, but we WERE conned so many years ago. Didn't Paul write, "prove all things, hold fast that which is good?" Far more recently, somebody said something to the effect, "fool me once..."

• Upvote 1

Rocky....you're entitled to your skepticism.& yeh I know alot of people were & ARE hurt.....we rake the "messenger" over & over the coals to what avail? If Jesus meant what he said..then is he a liar since people are being ministered to & delivered?? Or are these people all liars too claiming they were healed..With this ministry..they pride themselves on verification of healings...so all those people who are touched by this group are liars & deceived & you are wise & not fooled...Perhaps something good is going on that you know not of...check it out Rocky. & the rest of you...it may suprise you...I come here to challenge all of you..what do you have to lose?? & could God be true to his promises..."by his stripes ye  were healed?"

33 minutes ago, jim jack said:

Rocky....you're entitled to your skepticism.& yeh I know alot of people were & ARE hurt.....we rake the "messenger" over & over the coals to what avail? If Jesus meant what he said..then is he a liar since people are being ministered to & delivered?? Or are these people all liars too claiming they were healed..With this ministry..they pride themselves on verification of healings...so all those people who are touched by this group are liars & deceived & you are wise & not fooled...Perhaps something good is going on that you know not of...check it out Rocky. & the rest of you...it may suprise you...I come here to challenge all of you..what do you have to lose?? & could God be true to his promises..."by his stripes ye  were healed?"

That's what a certain very high profile political candidate asked in 2016. We are now learning what we have to lose.

• Upvote 2

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 5:21 AM, jim jack said:

...I think what I'd like you to know is..doctrinally "the things that I do ye shall do & greater" is quite a deal.

Quite a deal indeed. But who spoke it, and to whom do you suppose it was said? Perhaps that doesn't matter to you, but I'm of the belief that it does matter.   Matter of fact, Rom.15:8 very explicitly states the intent of Jesus Christ's ministry.  Have you ever given much thought to the reason for the signs, miracles and wonders that were given? Or what (and when) the vast majority of such supernatural things began appearing to men? Why such a small handful prior to Moses?  What great reason or purpose did (or do) they really serve?  

James speaks of being doers of the word & not hearers only deceiving ourselves...

Yeah, James was quite the doer and works guy alright. Do you think it was anyone other than James that spoke such revealing words as are written in Acts 21:20?

Blake & gang claim to be healing people world wide..they give testimony after testimony & either they're a pack of liars or its actually the truth..I heard of this awhile back & my first thought was..I wanna be part of this..I was encouraged in it years ago but never saw the fruit of it..

So what if you never saw it.  Do you suppose it makes the truth of scripture and the word of God any less true?   Luke 16:31.

...See...we never ever (as followers (unless perhaps you were Way Corp)) ever heard our leaders sharing about the healings left & right...

Talk is not only cheap, it can (and very often does) reach deep into the imaginations of the mind, and loses touch with what is or isn't real.
Besides, it seems the only miracles that ever really stay with you are those that happen in your own heart and life.  (And one of those is more weighty than the reports of ten thousand others.)  See, it's not that I think they can't or don't happen.  I just don't think that in this day and time that they're necessary, nor are they guaranteed to happen by something that is written and revealed to a different people, in the economy of a different day and time, for a different purpose and reason.  Which, quite frankly, means that if and when they (in earnest) do occur ...they're are all the more revealing of His goodness and grace towards us, in and at a time of His doing (and not ours.)

Just think about that for a minute or two... until perhaps the impact of what that means really hits you.

Honestly speaking, I didn't always see it this way, and it sure isn't anything that was taught like that in TWI... 

...but I think you'll be suprised at the integrity of the man sharing & his heart to duplicate himself in this area of ministering..

At this point (late) in life, there is only one (glorified) man that I suppose I care much about duplicating.  (And btw, it isn't the perfection that Jesus Christ exemplified here in the flesh, in a different day and time, for a special reason, to a special people.)  

Edited by TLC

TLC..thank you for your several replies..as unlike you I don't know how to integrate my "answers"  into what you answered...So I'll just spew it forth in my own way k?

Point (1)I know that it was /is Jesus who said "the things that I do, ye shall do & greater"..it was spoken to the 12 as he sent them out/ to the 70 as well..& to us as we go out & love people with a healing touch &messing with Satanic influeneces in their lives..we do this or he get talked out of it..

Pt 2) James... I think thats most of the reason I wanted to post this...the aim of education is action..we who diligently followed the TWI stuf have/had alot of knowledge..but are we simply puffed up or are we excited about seeing it in action in our lives...Churches bring us back constantly to "cleaning up our acts" "sin-wise".....can we get past ourselves & help others by ministering (ie) healing to them & for them..this is our faith in action..we either believe God will work thru us or we hope he will..if its just hope..then will we act or just hope?? These sharings have helped me rise up to once again ministering to those in need..getting more & more confident that miracles & signs will follow my actions of alying on of hands & commanding diseases to go NOW! I desire that for anyone who was led like I was...am now seeing it nearly every day in my life & want it for ya'll..

Pt 3) If I never saw a healing NO it does not negate scripture (of course)..but friend I am seeing it!!! Yeh..its fun again, as I;m not on an ego trip..just desring to set the captives free,,,even at my "old age"(64)..I've had people once I command the thing to get off them..come back to me & tell me whats happened to them..similar to what I've seen on line with Thomas Fischer & street healing..watc a few of his & tell me its all staged..there's over 330...so pick a few & enjoy seeing God do his thing thru his children who believe..its not just Blake...Todd White is another..Dan Mohler.its all over da place...YAY!!!

Pt 4)..yepper talk is cheap..if Wierwille had time after time been sharing about people HE had been setting free thru ministering...wouldn't YOU have desired to be in on it?? Well I NEVER heard it from his lips except in PFAL when he shared about the man with the lame arm & how he told him..lift it up..DO the IMPOSSIBLE & it came to pass...these testimonies should be many instead of the exception..I don't depend on them...any more than I depend on SITing..but I knowwhen I SIT..something happens..well..when I minister...God does something & to someones benefit..doesn't have to be for me...but he needs people like you &me to work thru & love people thru..like he did his son..Curry was showing a picture of a woman that he had ministered to with back pain..the next morning she awoke to find a pile of metal in her bed...the metal that had been inserted in her thru back surgery...as she took the pic..as her back was totally healed..tickles the imagination for sure & either they're all aliars or its verifiyable..which their ministry prides itself on verification..

Final pt 5...I'm not comparing Curry to Jesus..but am saying that when a person like Curry IS getting results like this that point to scripture..& his desire NOT to have people come to him...but to train people to duplicate what he knows & applies...then we too can have a similar experience & gain confidence in what god has put in us to set people free..

Hey thank you for your intelligent questions, as I'm hoping you can take the time to watch..perhaps some of the DHT sessions..Bless you richly!! JJ

1 hour ago, jim jack said:

DO the IMPOSSIBLE & it came to pass...these testimonies should be many instead of the exception..

Why do suppose the great multitude of these sort of things just didn't seem to have that much of an effect on the attitude or spirituality of the nation of Israel when Moses was leading them out of Egypt?

I think the ole serpent was alive & kicking back then just as he is nowadays...we have quite an advantage on the Children of Israel in that the in dwellig of God's holy spirit has given us a connection to guide us into all truth....to me its pretty obvious when these miracles happen that God is behind them..but Satan can & does trick people into thinkig otherwise..or down playing them..he's been around & knows how to blind their eyes..but we as son's have our eyes wide open..

If you want a fun eleven minute video..go on youtube & type in The Normal Christian life-crushed back..& watch the skeptic rejoice in the goodness of our healing God..too much fun..as it totally debunks the idea that the person being ministered to must have faith in order to receive.....

17 minutes ago, jim jack said:

but we as son's have our eyes wide open..

hmm...

I was inclined to think (or at least, say) that in earlier days.  Seems to be a typical thought pattern once indoctrinated into a particular belief system. 

Well, have fun with it.

Edited by TLC

4 hours ago, jim jack said:

I think the ole serpent was alive & kicking back then just as he is nowadays...we have quite an advantage on the Children of Israel in that the in dwellig of God's holy spirit has given us a connection to guide us into all truth....to me its pretty obvious when these miracles happen that God is behind them..but Satan can & does trick people into thinkig otherwise..or down playing them..he's been around & knows how to blind their eyes..but we as son's have our eyes wide open..

If you want a fun eleven minute video..go on youtube & type in The Normal Christian life-crushed back..& watch the skeptic rejoice in the goodness of our healing God..too much fun..as it totally debunks the idea that the person being ministered to must have faith in order to receive.....

All YOU have to do is copy and then paste the URL to the youtube video in a comment here.

TLC...at our age we should have a bit of wisdom to be able to utilize at this point...my son also agrees that these are just a large lot of liars..,,but EXPERIENCIALLY I have to disagree..just from doing what they are teaching to do..young age enthusiasm is a bit of an advantage & at our age perhaps its good to have it back..I'm sure pumped on it..was hoping someone would put aside their past experiemces & at least look it over..Curry to me makes a huge alot of sense & puts VP to shame in many areas.. You can kill the messenger..but either the message is true or it aint....

2 hours ago, jim jack said:

my son also agrees that these are just a large lot of liars..,,

I never said nor implied they were liars, nor did disagree that it's possible to experience such things.  You completely missed the point.

• 4 years later...

When I was 15 I started hanging out with Curry Blake's son John and had a crush on his sister Becky, my best friend Micheal started dating their sister Christel and John and I became best friends. I was head over hills for Becky and let her string me along thinking I had a chance and Curry and her mom had no problem with me at first. They stayed up all night and slept in the day and John would sneak over and we would sneak out and do mischievous things like mess with the hospital security guard at Wilson N Jones Hospital. Well I started skipping and missing school and was coming home telling my parents every sin had a demon and when you committed those sins those demons would inhabit your body because that was what Curry was preaching. He was kicked out of my mother's church trinity lighthouse where Brother England was pastor because he tried to take over the service. They also told me I shouldn't obey my parents because it interfered with me learning the word of God. These people were razy. John believed Flys just came from rotten pork meat like they were born of the meat and materialized from within it. I had to explain that flies layer their eggs on the meat and then they hatched into maggots and then Flys. His mother once told me that the appeal mission where the shuttle exploded was a defect caused by a possessed engineer who purposely made the part defective and they knew about it but didn't cancel. But Curry always sd he had a church and I never once stepped foot in it. He had a pobox in mckinney where he received all that churches mail and John told me once that Curry was being investigated for tax fraud. I never saw him work anywhere as a pastor. As far as his healing powers I know his 1st  daughter was born with a 1 of a kind deformity and died which he will say he couldn't heal her cause it was his will and not God's but I bet that's a common excuse and it's a reply they teach their healer trainees to say when they can't heal someone. This man is a money lover and not a pastor of gods word or Shepard leading his flock towards God. Anyone who does believe is only a bonus to help him make money. I'd you look online he has several churches he oversees and has many types of revenue sources like a man trying to con people. I've only ever seen his family use faith and the church to gain and not to help the weary and weak and desperate and unwhole people who they are supposed to. They use the church to travel the world, and it's all a con. This man told made me stop coming to his house because I smoked a joint. Plus I told on his daughter about something to do with her and Michael and she hated me and what she wanted she got.ichael was told he couldn't be friends with me or he wasn't aloud over so both my best friends were gone in a very troubling time for me because of my holy roller mindset they had instilled in me. A rumor about me got started at school that sd I sd a guy deserved to die because he was on drugs. I was nearly lynched by around 100 or more students. It was so bad I had to have an off duty cop follow me from class to class everywhere until I left school that whole year. I ended up smoking weed to try and make people think I was cool and wouldn't have sd that. And then I felt so bad I had to confess to Currys wife and then I wasn't aloud over ever again and my only friends in the world just stopped. John sd I have to obey my dad. I was like yeah well why didn't you say that to me and Michael when our parents were worried ad didn't want us hanging out over there because we gave up school and everything to be there every day all day and all night until we had to leave. We never reconnected as friends again. It deeply hurt me. 3 years is a long time when you're a teenager to be best friends. John and I hung out and did everything. And Michael was my music buddy. It felt as though I had lost 2 brothers. I did not care as much about Becky after the loss of my best buds the crush quickly went away and I realized she was a teaser. Not nice. That girl had me brushing her hair. But the worst part is, is that not but a couple years later they were doing harder drugs than I. John was a security guard for the biggest meth dealer in Dallas. His cousin Gentry. I'm not saying the righteous haven't sinned, but hypocritical fake christains like them are sinners all the time. They all have used the church to make their income in one way or another. Cause they don't have real jobs.  It's not a real job if you're only doing it to con people. Maybe for Curry but the daughters probably not. But go to a healing ceremon or class and see if anyone gets healed. Listen to the word he preaches. He doesn't even take the time to write his ceremony up right. He's always saying stuff that serves his purpose. And if you say anything against him he'll use the devil to defend him ad say that that person is being influenced by demonic sources or something of that nature. But I'd he was any kind of preacher he would have tried to help me instead of pushing me away. I begged and cried and would wait outside just to try to ask what I could do until I got the message fully and knew I wasn't ever getting my friends back. For me it was one of the worst times of my life and led to 25 years of me doing drugs loosing a 4 year band scholarship and much more. With mostly my help but it started there and could have been easily prevented by him seeing that I was a good kid cause I was, and saying instead of banning him trying to help me back in the right path.  He's some man of God let me tell you. Not too long ago after I emailed him a mean letter he actually emailed back arguing and blaming me saying I was inappropriate with his daughters. I turned down a birthday present 3some from 2 super hot chicks for his daughter. And would have waited til marriage. I was always a gentleman. I was just very persistent and I didn't like to give up especially when someone kept telling me she needed more time. That she loved me but didn't know. Him throwing me out like trash didn't phase him. Like I never mattered. I did a lot for his family. I was a family friend. Went to church 3 days a week with them or more. 

Welcome to Grease Spot, BHolmes !!!!

I appreciate you sharing your story. I can relate to some of what you shared – I was in The Way International for 12 years, and had just finished the way corps leadership training program when the founding president victor paul wierwille passed away – and since The Way is a cult of personality it was a tumultuous time of top ministry leadership vying for power. That’s when I started to get a feeling there was something really wrong – as you talked about wolves in sheep clothing, the con and using the church for personal gain – that became more and more obvious to me as I watched power struggles – they each wanted to be the top dog and claimed they were fighting for the truth, but I think they each were fighting for the lion’s share    the wolf’s share of fleecing the sheep.

Your talking about demonic influence and the possessed engineer who sabotaged the space shuttle sounds just like the bull$hit we heard in the Advanced Class – wierwille claimed cancer was caused by a devil spirit - - or maybe it WAS a devil spirit – can’t remember the whacky details now – who cares - it doesn’t matter anyway – it was all  bull$hit . All these pseudo-Christian groups use the same spiritualism/Gnosticism/conspiracy theories to manipulate and motivate followers – whether out of fear of the devil and his army of demons or out of fear of disobeying God.

I’m glad you’re free from that nonsense…glad you’re here…thanks again for sharing your story…and have a cup of cappuccino on me!