GreaseSpot Cafe

Sex, the Rock and the Homo Purges

chockfull

So after the Rise and Expansion days, and all the loyalty purges, and the numbers dropping 80% TWI sold off Emporia first, then Indiana later.  They sold the big airplane Ambassador One but kept the little one Athletes.  Motorcoaches were starting to be sold off too.  Lost all that income, but still had all those expenses.   And boy the Rock was expensive too.  The whole front end of the warehouse stored parts for it.   Tights are cool, but we've got some money problems.

Boy it was good we had a MOGFODAT that could just simply get revelation for the answers to all those problems.  

First, the Word was over the World.  Then, apparently, people were having a lot of sex at the Rock.   I mean, open air, week long hippie festival, tents, who would have thought that would go on?  And not only was this the kind of sex loytoy could understand - you know the mogfodt and his harem that "loosened you up" to be a mogfodt, this apparently also involved sex of the worse kind - gasp - gay sex.  [NOTE:  Please understand outside of my sarcasm I really really do not share TWI's hatred for homosexuality and Westboro Baptist like attitudes or acceptance of their adulterous practices].  I mean the Rock was turning into a veritable Sodom and Gomorrah right in front of our very eyes there.

Now of the hindsight 20/20 variety here - looking back do I think that possibly this also was fed by D0nn@'s not really being into the mogfodt harem, and instead seeking solace in the bosom of another - rfr.  Yes I do think that was going on.

And the WOW program.  They had a certain percentage of this type of thing going on too.  Oh no.  It is contaminated.  It must be canceled.

Thus began the next purge era - the Homo Purges.

Wasn't the same ROA that the No Homo Parade happened the whole "all the teenagers are gathering in tents for free sex" happened?

Like, being gay or lesbian, being a teenager is a choice.  One that must be corrected.  With force.

Loytoy starts targeting the gays.  You know all that research stuff is just so hard.  He can't just have Wayne keep doing all his research for him and writing his books, he had to have a cause.   Hating the gays is something that his redneck brain can appreciate.  Let's go after them.  Purge purge purge.

Now here is where some sh1zzle gets really twisted.  Loytoy sends out a couple really cuckoo letters to the Corps about gay sex, must have broken out his thesaurus to try and be descriptive - I think maybe one of those was in the documents section.  Starts ranting more and more on Corps night, and they take on a flavor instead of teaching to be "off the top of head rants" that include purging people and bringing their names up on Corps night.  

Rosie kind of sits back real quiet during this time.  She has her lunch table right next to the head table.  Donna's relatives all sit there.  She has 2 lesbian ladies living together in her basement - Myr@cle and Cr0uther in the same bedroom.  Get this - people knew nothing of this in TWI at the time, outside of Rosie.  Corps grads.  Myr@cle is on this big kick to get ordained by loytoy, and to do it she is using her gaydar to out everyone she can.   Kind of like a grand Machiavellian Hypocrisy type of thing.  

• Upvote 1

Money money money money.  It just won't go away.   Now that we're at least getting spiritually pure from the purges, we need to do something to turn the ministry around.

Tadaa - revelation.

All the Corps are going full-time staff.    Now Fred the window cleaner is going to be Fred the full-time minister.   No more class crews - the Corps does everything - cooking, cleaning, teaching, running classes, cleaning overseers houses.   This lasted 3 years - I think '95-'98.

Eventually after 3 years cowterd as sec/treasurer manages to convince loytoy this wasn't happening.  Presto - revelation changes - now the Corps are to go back to work and find jobs.    

How easy it is to jerk people around - one way, then another.  All you have to do is say "God revealed to me this is His plan".

"The Promised Land of the Prevailing Word"

Reading this now it looks like wtf?  So we are mixing OT Israel images with phrases from the ultimate Acts "Great Statement" ?  Can you spell confusion?

In reality, this kind of says it all.  Despite having a new ministry, a dance number, some great tights, a mogfodt harem, and some heavy revy about what we've spiritually accomplished, loytoy still seems to be seeking out the Promised Land.

If you think all the Christmas jingle changes were annoying "SIT SIT do it everyday....."  try and carry on a conversation under this type of terminology.  I mean even try saying the above phrase 3 times fast.  

"Wow, I'm so glad to be really in to the promised land, as opposed to being back in Egypt where we were before under that slavery".  "Yeah, this prevailing Word, it's just so really prevailing, isn't it?"  Conversations also under this "new administration" take on even more of a brainwashed quality if that is possible.  

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

Wasn't the same ROA that the No Homo Parade happened the whole "all the teenagers are gathering in tents for free sex" happened?

Like, being gay or lesbian, being a teenager is a choice.  One that must be corrected.  With force.

yes if my memory serves the last one or the last 2 they ran.

Rock of Ages 1995.........was the last one.  Good riddance.

Rather than give a lengthy review.......here is a timeline:

1. March 1995 -- after corps placement mtgs, lcm declared "revelation" of for all active corps full-time corps.
  2. August ---- corps met with B. Th0rpe, PR-guy, during corps week to discuss needs-based salary.
  3. Rock of Ages was an out-of-control disaster......martindale turned it into a class, of sorts.
  4. Corps and parents were confronted publically to know where their teenagers were at all times.
  5. September ---- at first corps meeting, dial-a-corps-night, lcm stated that it was the last roa.
  6. Also, no corps were to attend Dallas 'Adv Class Special' unless invited by trustees.
  7. Everything changed......BECAUSE all active corps were now ON TWI-PAYROLL.

Besides the allegations of "homo infiltration into twi".......I believe that martindale had NO CLUE of the financial ramifications of putting all corps on full-time staff.  That meant.....EVERYTHING that the corps were legitimately doing for twi was attached to financial decisions.  Travel, gas, motel, food, snacks, cable tv, pets, etc. etc...... every aspect of the corps was NOW under a microscope.  THAT is why, I believe, that the roa was cancelled.......imagine all the expense incurred by corps and family to travel across the usa and attend corps week and roa? 

THAT is why on the first corps night of 1995, martindale stated that NO CORPS should plan to attend the Dallas 'special' unless specifically invited (to work).......BECAUSE then, technically, if many came, they'd turn around and include all their expenses on a petty cash reimbursement form. 

After 1995 ROA......every corps person was slated for extreme scrutiny to see if they were "spiritually worthy" of being full-time.  During that first month in September, my region coordinator was tasked by martindale and trunk office to ELIMINATE CORPS FROM PAYROLL.  Yes, within a matter of weeks......8 corps in my limb were told that they didn't measure up and needed to go get a secular job.  Double speak was everywhere.  Soon......martindale came up with that term "corps alumni" to add another distinction to being faithful to twi, but not active (full-time) corps.

Money, money, money.......the trunk office had to triple their staff to handle all the financial statements, reimbursements, faxes, updates, etc.  It was absolutely crazy times.  The trunk office was actually sending the limbs faxes at 2AM to stay ahead of all the sheetstorm.  Imagine what it was like?.......the fax machine started cranking off sheets of paper at 2 in the morning AT THE LIMB and wake me up!!  Damn Nazi-Leadership......fricckin idiots.

Edited by skyrider
  • Upvote 1

Thanks Chockfull! Appreciate you taking all the time to think about and write the posts you have been posting. Very informative for me to hear what the deep six administration was like. Dirty bastards.

I knew about Myrac£e and Cr0wthrr. They moved in as soon as Crotchaven was finished and open for business. There were 2 large bedrooms in Rosie's basement, plus a full kitchen, bath and family room. I was in that lair only once, for the mistresses tour. Never went back again. After I left in December '86, it seems the amount of info leaked about Donna and Rosie and the girls increased. It was very much squelched while I was there, and the yuk twig was nearly all consumed with covering up for the literally hundreds of victims dictor paul, da forehead, ding dong, coward, townsend, geer, lynn, wrenn, bedard, finnegan, hughes, hendley, pat powell, jenkinson, horney, greene, panasmello, licht, both lallys, both moneyhands, and a host of others left in their moggie wakes. And these were the assholes in charge of all your purges!! Talk about a den of vipers in a scorpion's nest.

Putting together what I know with what you're recounting very much illuminates how utterly rotten and depraved that outfit remained and remains today. Keep 'em coming if you can. With Skyrider's input, we'll be able to expose TWIt firsthand for what it really was from 1970-2008! That's going to help a lot of people!........peace.

Edited by DontWorryBeHappy
Spelling
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, chockfull said:

First, the Word was over the World.  Then, apparently, people were having a lot of sex at the Rock.   I mean, open air, week long hippie festival, tents, who would have thought that would go on?

I mean the Rock was turning into a veritable Sodom and Gomorrah right in front of our very eyes there.

I think I was on my interim year when that went down, I remember those Corps Nights.  I was still very young, and reverent of leaderdang but I recall being in disbelief.  Are they *just not* figuring out what goes on at the ROA and Corps Week?  (Excuse me, Fork of Ages, and Score Week.)   I remember the Craiggers ranting about how he was amazed lightning didn't strike the big top and topple it on all of us.  He also praised the field leaders who shook down the teens after the Rock.  

Edited by shortfuse
editted for better profanity filtering. Fork = ....

16 hours ago, chockfull said:

"Wow, I'm so glad to be really in to the promised land, as opposed to being back in Egypt where we were before under that slavery".  "Yeah, this prevailing Word, it's just so really prevailing, isn't it?"  Conversations also under this "new administration" take on even more of a brainwashed quality if that is possible.  

The last Corps assignment I had, dude I was replacing gave me the low down on every single person in the branch before I got there.  People he thought were under performing he was like, "Yeah, this guy is really 'Word over the World' if you know what I mean.  Not really Prevailing."

16 hours ago, chockfull said:

All the Corps are going full-time staff.    Now Fred the window cleaner is going to be Fred the full-time minister.   No more class crews - the Corps does everything - cooking, cleaning, teaching, running classes, cleaning overseers houses.   This lasted 3 years - I think '95-'98.

Eventually after 3 years cowterd as sec/treasurer manages to convince loytoy this wasn't happening.  Presto - revelation changes - now the Corps are to go back to work and find jobs.    

That fulltime stuff was a disaster.  I graduated into the second year of full-time corps.  Somebody figured out they had put everyone on the payroll and not really defined their job.  I think Craig just hoped that with all those Corps free to move the word, it was really going to turn things around and increase numbers.  When I had my first assignment, we had a bit more of a job description - teach.  So we were supposed to teach like 10 or 15 times a month and report back about it to the Limb.  My wife and I both needed to do this, so it meant that we taught all the fellowships in our branch every week.  Nobody else got to teach anymore so we could earn our keep. But that's not much of a growth strategy either, so somewhere in there they came up with Vision and Direction, a description for what the Corps was supposed to accomplish over the course of a year, with a bunch of new reporting requirements. (This could be and probably had already been another thread.)

When all the Corps went full-time Craig bragged about how Ernst and Young told them it was crazy.  The third and final year of all corps full time we went through extreme expense cutting measures, and everyone took a paycut.  There was a prohibition on having kids. A bunch of extreme financial tightening put on the Corps.  Then yeah, eventually, Revelation came that most of us should go get a secular job again.  I don't know for sure if this is the case, but it seems reasonable to me that the Way Corps were among the most loyal financial contributors before this.  When they went fulltime, they stopped making these contributions and became a big expense.  I wondered for a while if the Craiggers was actually trying to intentionally destroy the way, but I don't think he was.  I think he really thought the whole thing was a good idea, and it was going to work.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, skyrider said:

Rock of Ages 1995.........was the last one.  Good riddance.

Rather than give a lengthy review.......here is a timeline:

1. March 1995 -- after corps placement mtgs, lcm declared "revelation" of for all active corps full-time corps.
  2. August ---- corps met with B. Th0rpe, PR-guy, during corps week to discuss needs-based salary.
  3. Rock of Ages was an out-of-control disaster......martindale turned it into a class, of sorts.
  4. Corps and parents were confronted publically to know where their teenagers were at all times.
  5. September ---- at first corps meeting, dial-a-corps-night, lcm stated that it was the last roa.
  6. Also, no corps were to attend Dallas 'Adv Class Special' unless invited by trustees.
  7. Everything changed......BECAUSE all active corps were now ON TWI-PAYROLL.

Besides the allegations of "homo infiltration into twi".......I believe that martindale had NO CLUE of the financial ramifications of putting all corps on full-time staff.  That meant.....EVERYTHING that the corps were legitimately doing for twi was attached to financial decisions.  Travel, gas, motel, food, snacks, cable tv, pets, etc. etc...... every aspect of the corps was NOW under a microscope.  THAT is why, I believe, that the roa was cancelled.......imagine all the expense incurred by corps and family to travel across the usa and attend corps week and roa? 

THAT is why on the first corps night of 1995, martindale stated that NO CORPS should plan to attend the Dallas 'special' unless specifically invited (to work).......BECAUSE then, technically, if many came, they'd turn around and include all their expenses on a petty cash reimbursement form. 

After 1995 ROA......every corps person was slated for extreme scrutiny to see if they were "spiritually worthy" of being full-time.  During that first month in September, my region coordinator was tasked by martindale and trunk office to ELIMINATE CORPS FROM PAYROLL.  Yes, within a matter of weeks......8 corps in my limb were told that they didn't measure up and needed to go get a secular job.  Double speak was everywhere.  Soon......martindale came up with that term "corps alumni" to add another distinction to being faithful to twi, but not active (full-time) corps.

Money, money, money.......the trunk office had to triple their staff to handle all the financial statements, reimbursements, faxes, updates, etc.  It was absolutely crazy times.  The trunk office was actually sending the limbs faxes at 2AM to stay ahead of all the sheetstorm.  Imagine what it was like?.......the fax machine started cranking off sheets of paper at 2 in the morning AT THE LIMB and wake me up!!  Damn Nazi-Leadership......fricckin idiots.

All accurate.  I remember there were 2 Adv. Class specials, one in Dallas (was that Word in Business that year?) and one at HQ.  The HQ one was filmed and turned into a "Defeating the Adversary" class.  

The Corps going fulltime.   Penny pinching.  Faxes going off by your head at 2am because your office doubles as your bedroom.  Yeah.

Yes, money brings on the next purge.  I'm going to label this one the "Vision Purge".   Apparently all Corpse under vicster's original vision were supposed to have "gift ministries".  What he meant by "gift ministries" seems to be a blend of adeptness at bootie smooching, plus the ability to be confrontationally obnoxious to underlings.   Also highly valued was if you had your own private harem, and kept it on the down low.   Unfortunately over time, this vision had become watered down.   Apparently people had started going into the Corps for less lofty reasons.  In fact many of them - gasp - had gone in just to become a good fellowship coordinator.

We need to purge them to bring expenses in control.  We are hemorrhaging funds, and we have do do something to cover it up.  loytoy admitting it wasn't revelation to send Corpse fulltime wasn't going to happen.  So let's distract by other activity .  Purge purge purge.  Corpse are to be branch coordinators and above, not fellowship coordinators.  If they did not have that ability, then they were to be dropped from the Corpse.  DFAC.  

Mass confusion among the rank and file.  Hurt, turmoil - you know, the norm.  Whatever vision it was that sent Corpse into the Corpse, now they are questioning.   The rocket scientists on the BOD figured out that it was actually that group that was the most profitable to the Way.   Habitually sacrificed themselves.  Worked 2 jobs.  Sent in $$$. Put up with all the antics.  And now they are upset and many are leaving.   To turn the tide, revelation changes again.

Now instead of DFAC, we are going to praise these people and let them know they fulfilled their vision.  "Corps Alumni" is a term that is invented, and from that point carried on ever since.  These people are to be the salt of the earth the household fellowship coordinators the advanced class grads the abundantly sharing populace.   A new layer in the caste system fits the bill.   Not only this, but we have the perfect setup for even more political purges.  You have a Corpse Alumni group with thwarted life goals.   And you have fulltime Corps.  Perfect formula for the one to grow to hate the other.  Over the years this will provide a great harvest of confidential informants, of great use to purge even further.  

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, chockfull said:

Now instead of DFAC, we are going to praise these people and let them know they fulfilled their vision.  "Corps Alumni" is a term that is invented, and from that point carried on ever since.  These people are to be the salt of the earth the household fellowship coordinators the advanced class grads the abundantly sharing populace.   A new layer in the caste system fits the bill.   Not only this, but we have the perfect setup for even more political purges.  You have a Corpse Alumni group with thwarted life goals.   And you have fulltime Corps.  Perfect formula for the one to grow to hate the other.  Over the years this will provide a great harvest of confidential informants, of great use to purge even further.  

This Corps Alumni business is an abiding pain to me.  I hate it so much.

There were so many folks, sold out wayfers (my parents among them), who were dropped from the Corps for arbitrary reasons (well, maybe as you guys point out it was monetary), and they were so wounded by this.  They had their whole self worth wrapped up in this identity, and they were understandably crestfallen when it was revoked.  So the Corps Alumni "status" comes along as a consolation prize.  But even with that, they were jerks - "oh, we're not giving this to just anybody" you have to be the best of the best finest example of advanced class grads, not moping around feeling sorry for yourself (because of how we've just robbed you of your most prized characteristic, Way Corps status).  So that was among my first jobs as a new corps grad was to tell some of these former Corps folks, sorry, you're not even Way Corps Alumni.  And that was that.  There was no earning that status back.  My folks are way lifers, Corps grads, dropped from active corps for some arbitrary infraction, marked and avoided twice, begged their way back into the fold and still, STILL to this day are loyal wayfers, doing all the wayfer stuff - hosting fellowships, running the classes, etc.  Are they Way Corps Alumni? nope.  

I met many people in these post-purge, post-LCM years that stayed loyal.  They do whatever they are permitted to do in service to the way.  But they carry around this profound sense of failure for being dropped from the Corps, or Way Corps Alum, or even as I said those who had that withheld.  Anybody can see it, including those so called leaders in the way.  They are supposed to be kinder and gentler now after LCM.  Yet they won't lift the burdens off these folks.  Apologize for wrongfully terminating them.  Apologize for being so hard on them, and thanking them for sticking around.  Any of those Corps grads still "standing" should rightfully get to be Corps Alumni, but the BOD won't even make that simple concession.  

Why?  The don't care about people. Period.  And they would never admit to mistakes of any kind, it undermines their authority.  And the whole cult dynamic requires authority.

• Upvote 1

And to wrap it all up in a tight little bow, the policy is instituted that anyone wanting to be "reinstated" as active Corps they would need to go back in-residence again and do the 4 years all over again.

Many actually accepted that frame and went and did it.

What were they supposed to learn the second time through?    IMO compliance and political savvy.

Excellent, informative, insightful! Thanks again Chockfull! Keep them coming as you can. You are teaching and helping the TWIt generation you were part of, and, more importantly, you are sounding an effective alarm to all future TWIt prospects as well as innies needing just one more piece of the puzzle to make a break for it. 

With Undertow, Losing The Way, The Cult That Snapped, and the stalwart GSC (Thanks Pawtucket!), continuing to provide increasingly detailed and current FACTS, I am convinced that our efforts are very damaging to Rosie's TWIt, and will continue to erode what de Liar has left to screw up. Shortfuse....your posts above are also outstanding. I respectfully urge ALL who read, lurk, and/or post here to speak up and tell what YOU know and what you experienced. The future of many innocent, good-hearted Christians will be brightened, and the coffers of TWIt will be drained. The walls of Zion hiding the promised land of da prevailing woid are seriously crumbling de Liar. The POS cult you are inheriting is dead. Your future is as bright as the promises of your hapless gods and phony idols. Have fun watching it wither like the wicked witch at the end of Oz and The Thing at the end of the James Arness version. Ding dong the witch is dead. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, chockfull said:

And to wrap it all up in a tight little bow, the policy is instituted that anyone wanting to be "reinstated" as active Corps they would need to go back in-residence again and do the 4 years all over again.

Many actually accepted that frame and went and did it.

What were they supposed to learn the second time through?    IMO compliance and political savvy.

My folks tried to go back and get reinstated.  Request rejected.  Reason given: "Too old to complete the L.E.A.D. program".

18 hours ago, DontWorryBeHappy said:

I knew about Myrac£e and Cr0wthrr. They moved in as soon as Crotchaven was finished and open for business. There were 2 large bedrooms in Rosie's basement, plus a full kitchen, bath and family room. I was in that lair only once, for the mistresses tour. Never went back again. After I left in December '86, it seems the amount of info leaked about Donna and Rosie and the girls increased. It was very much squelched while I was there, and the yuk twig was nearly all consumed with covering up for the literally hundreds of victims dictor paul, da forehead, ding dong, coward, townsend, geer, lynn, wrenn, bedard, finnegan, hughes, hendley, pat powell, jenkinson, horney, greene, panasmello, licht, both lallys, both moneyhands, and a host of others left in their moggie wakes. And these were the assholes in charge of all your purges!! Talk about a den of vipers in a scorpion's nest.

to tie up the Myr@cle/Cr0wthr story - I mean overall it's like they thought they were like soul mates.   they exchanged rings with each other, said vows.  But it all was so secret.  J@net with her aspirations of ascension among the ranks, fueled by Rosie's backing, acceptance of them, and hiding them away.  Sh@r0n, pressure mounting more and more every day she took a great deal of it.

But with the direction the new ministry was taking and all the original sin teaching, it just wasn't to be.

So they eventually left HQ, off for parts unknown.  Not to take an assignment, just leaving.   Funny though, despite all of those whose lives had been ruined by J@net's gaydar outings, it never happened to them.  Rosie threw them a great big party that all the staff was invited to, and they left for out on the field.  Together.  

Afterwards I found out secretly through some of my inner connections that Rosie would take vacation to go and visit them often and has for many years.  I'm sure part of that is to buy their ongoing silence.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, chockfull said:

The Corps going fulltime.   Penny pinching.  Faxes going off by your head at 2am because your office doubles as your bedroom.  Yeah.

Yeah.......2am faxes belching out mandates from hq.

Think about that for a minute.......faxes going off in the middle of the night and jolted out of bed.  After a few times, I expressed my anguish "what-the-hell-are-they-thinking" disapproval in an acceptable tone to my region coordinator.  He said.......the trunk office was so overwhelmed throughout the day that the receptionist/bless patrol/dispatch personnel [who had lots of down-time in the wee hours of the morning] were tasked with sending out these faxes to the limbs.

In other words.....NO ONE AT HQ gave a fricckin' concern about our lives, our schedule, our sleep, our wives/children sleeping.  Twi hq was dead, spiritually, morally, ethically.......DEAD.  The trunk personnel were dead to me.  They did NOT have an ounce of concern that this "might" be an inconvenience?  An annoyance?

Assuming that the tables were turned and a fax machine was near martindale's bedroom in 1996......what if I sent a belching fax to Rev. L. Craig Martindale at 2 o'clock in the morning?  Wanna bet that heads would have rolled for THAT BONEHEADED DECISION?

Those of you numbnuts who were at the trunk.....fort, rupp, staley, idiots......had the cognition brainwaves of a bag of hammers.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, skyrider said:

Those of you numbnuts who were at the trunk.....fort, rupp, staley, idiots......had the cognition brainwaves of a bag of hammers.

One of the defining characteristics of narcissism/narcissists is deficiencies in the capacity for empathy.

Narcissism is a broad term that includes narcissistic traits on a continuum from “healthy with extreme self confidence” to the severe personality disorder known as Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD). Empathy involves the ability to put yourself in another person’s shoes; i.e., the ability to imagine yourself in their position and imagine how you would feel, think or want. Our empathy allows us to imagine how other people feel and allows us to see them as human beings rather than objects. Some people have very little capacity for empathy and appear to be cold and unfeeling; narcissists have little or no empathy (empathy makes it difficult to be cruel to other people or disregard their humanness). Even people who do have a capacity for empathy can easily lose the ability in certain times and places. Certain defenses, such as intellectualization (‘she is not a person-she is just a body in a vegetative state’) or rationalization (‘she won’t feel anything’) allow us to distance ourselves from the awareness of another’s suffering and humanity. Narcissists, on the other hand, are often keenly aware of their lack of empathy but do not care- sometimes they even proclaim it as a virtue.

Lack of empathy is a quintessential hallmark of people with Narcissistic Personality Disorder. They simply do not care about thoughts and feelings of others, especially if they conflict with their own. Do not expect them to listen, validate, understand, or support you.

The same can be said for narcissistic organizations.

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 4:55 PM, chockfull said:

So after the Rise and Expansion days, and all the loyalty purges, and the numbers dropping 80% TWI sold off Emporia first, then Indiana later.  They sold the big airplane Ambassador One but kept the little one Athletes.  Motorcoaches were starting to be sold off too.  Lost all that income, but still had all those expenses.   And boy the Rock was expensive too.  The whole front end of the warehouse stored parts for it.   Tights are cool, but we've got some money problems.

Boy it was good we had a MOGFODAT that could just simply get revelation for the answers to all those problems.  

First, the Word was over the World.  Then, apparently, people were having a lot of sex at the Rock.   I mean, open air, week long hippie festival, tents, who would have thought that would go on?  And not only was this the kind of sex loytoy could understand - you know the mogfodt and his harem that "loosened you up" to be a mogfodt, this apparently also involved sex of the worse kind - gasp - gay sex.  [NOTE:  Please understand outside of my sarcasm I really really do not share TWI's hatred for homosexuality and Westboro Baptist like attitudes or acceptance of their adulterous practices].  I mean the Rock was turning into a veritable Sodom and Gomorrah right in front of our very eyes there.

Now of the hindsight 20/20 variety here - looking back do I think that possibly this also was fed by D0nn@'s not really being into the mogfodt harem, and instead seeking solace in the bosom of another - rfr.  Yes I do think that was going on.

And the WOW program.  They had a certain percentage of this type of thing going on too.  Oh no.  It is contaminated.  It must be canceled.

Thus began the next purge era - the Homo Purges.

Could you give a timeframe for this era? Many of us left in the late 1980s. Readers of this website, too, who never were in TWI, might like to know what years you're referring to. (Yes, I just ended a sentence with a preposition. Please don't hold that against me.)

1 hour ago, Rocky said:

One of the defining characteristics of narcissism/narcissists is deficiencies in the capacity for empathy.

The same can be said for narcissistic organizations.

Rocky, this is a very important issue. I am glad you posted this link to more info about it. It is rampant in our society. How to offset it? Education and practices that cultivate empathy. Cheers.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, shortfuse said:

That fulltime stuff was a disaster.  I graduated into the second year of full-time corps.  Somebody figured out they had put everyone on the payroll and not really defined their job.  I think Craig just hoped that with all those Corps free to move the word, it was really going to turn things around and increase numbers.  When I had my first assignment, we had a bit more of a job description - teach.  So we were supposed to teach like 10 or 15 times a month and report back about it to the Limb.  My wife and I both needed to do this, so it meant that we taught all the fellowships in our branch every week.  Nobody else got to teach anymore so we could earn our keep. But that's not much of a growth strategy either, so somewhere in there they came up with Vision and Direction, a description for what the Corps was supposed to accomplish over the course of a year, with a bunch of new reporting requirements. (This could be and probably had already been another thread.)

When all the Corps went full-time Craig bragged about how Ernst and Young told them it was crazy.  The third and final year of all corps full time we went through extreme expense cutting measures, and everyone took a paycut.  There was a prohibition on having kids. A bunch of extreme financial tightening put on the Corps.  Then yeah, eventually, Revelation came that most of us should go get a secular job again.  I don't know for sure if this is the case, but it seems reasonable to me that the Way Corps were among the most loyal financial contributors before this.  When they went fulltime, they stopped making these contributions and became a big expense.  I wondered for a while if the Craiggers was actually trying to intentionally destroy the way, but I don't think he was.  I think he really thought the whole thing was a good idea, and it was going to work.

It came up here that lcm's grandiose delusions included that his wap class was the greatest thing since sliced bread and that it should attract students like flies to dung. So he concluded that- if it wasn't drawing numbers (and it was drawing pitiful numbers)- then what was needed was more salesmanship and then there would be more students- and more students would mean more people tithing and abundantly sharing- at whichever levels the ABS was being defined at that year.  So, lcm decided that the best FINANCIAL decision was to make all the Corps into an aggressive sales force for wap, and the tuition, tithes and ABS would begin rolling in and replace all of us who'd left by then (more than 80% at that point.)    So, the Corps were turned from people paying money to twi- tithes, ABS-  to a PAID sales force (twi paying them) in the expectation that the operating expense of their salary would result in a rain of money from new people. 

Not only did that fail to happen, but the additional whammy of having to pay all the Corps to travel to Corps Week and ROA multiplied the expenses. Eventually, lcm had to admit his decision was bleeding the coffers dry.

59 minutes ago, penworks said:

Could you give a timeframe for this era? Many of us left in the late 1980s. Readers of this website, too, who never were in TWI, might like to know what years you're referring to. (Yes, I just ended a sentence with a preposition. Please don't hold that against me.)

I started some threads specifically to put timelines in and fill in the details on each era.  I'm interested in reviving them and adding new threads for the details included in these new threads, if anyone is interested. We could try to match the events to the years they happened for easier review for those reading them over.  What do the rest of you think?

• Upvote 3