GreaseSpot Cafe

Sex, the Rock and the Homo Purges

chockfull

2 minutes ago, WordWolf said:

I started some threads specifically to put timelines in and fill in the details on each era.  I'm interested in reviving them and adding new threads for the details included in these new threads, if anyone is interested. We could try to match the events to the years they happened for easier review for those reading them over.  What do the rest of you think?

Sure - or you can link the older threads here too.  Anything for cross collaboration filling in timelines and details.

1 hour ago, penworks said:

Could you give a timeframe for this era? Many of us left in the late 1980s. Readers of this website, too, who never were in TWI, might like to know what years you're referring to. (Yes, I just ended a sentence with a preposition. Please don't hold that against me.)

Hi penworks,

I'll try my best and hope for help from others.  In my above post that you asked about:

• The last Rock was 1995 - this was the one with the problems that the WOW's were canceled I believe.
  • Homo purges - end of Rock - 1995 - 1999 - ended by lawsuits kind of
  • The Acts classes were taught I think 1990 - 1992 - Rise and Expansion Classes ?
  • Live DTA 1992
  • Corpse full-time 1995 - 1998  (Vision purges, expense purges, bribery purges)
  • WAP class - I think during that timeframe 1997?
  • Don't have a copy of Craig's book anymore so don't know publishing date of R & E
  • Lawsuits - 1999 - 2003?

Sorry that so many of those are guesses - I don't have a lot of my records and materials or the some I do are buried and I will have to update later.

As you can see, unlike your well-researched and put together book I am freestyling it and looping back around to fill in details.

Please don't hold that against me ;)

Edited by chockfull

8 hours ago, chockfull said:

Hi penworks,

I'll try my best and hope for help from others.  In my above post that you asked about:

• The last Rock was 1995 - this was the one with the problems that the WOW's were canceled I believe.
  • Homo purges - end of Rock - 1995 - 1999 - ended by lawsuits kind of
  • The Acts classes were taught I think 1990 - 1992 - Rise and Expansion Classes ?
  • Live DTA 1992
  • Corpse full-time 1995 - 1998  (Vision purges, expense purges, bribery purges)
  • WAP class - I think during that timeframe 1997?
  • Don't have a copy of Craig's book anymore so don't know publishing date of R & E
  • Lawsuits - 1999 - 2003?

Sorry that so many of those are guesses - I don't have a lot of my records and materials or the some I do are buried and I will have to update later.

As you can see, unlike your well-researched and put together book I am freestyling it and looping back around to fill in details.

Please don't hold that against me ;)

Chockfull......let me take a shot at this.

1989On March 8, 1989 martindale and trustees officially declared "independence day at the way" and separated from chris geer.

1990/91martindale continues vehement opposition to geer and splinter group defectors.  He teaches from Galatians....a two-tape series known as Galatians I and II, but later titled Leadership Tapes I & II.  First released to corps, then all adv class grads.  Later--if attending adv class, these were required prerequisites.  Advanced Class Specials were held in Indianapolis [1990 & 91].....short drive for hq-personnel and support from Rome City & Indianapolis corps.

1992/93Martindale taught live adv class at rome city.....mandatory requirement for all active corps and adv class grads to attend.  This was a purge.  Martindale was stepping forward to purge the old advanced class grads (wierwille allegiance) from the ranks.  New syllabus, new nametag.  New, improved Twi II.  Rise and Expansion book was released in '93 and martindale was gaining confidence, once again.  By the fall of 1993 (or Feb/Mar 1994).....all limb coordinators were to teach an R&E weekend (fri/sat/sun) seminar in their respective limbs.

1994/95A series of purges, like waves slapping the rocky shores of an inlet bay........1) new adv class purge, 2) debt purge, 3) homo purge, 4) word over world purge, 5) full-time corps purge, 6) into the promised land purge, 7) wap class purge, 8) etc.  Before the full-blown "1995 roa homo infiltration proclamation".....several corps and staff were caught "in the act" in homosexual relations:  girl/girl and guy/guy.  On corps nights, martindale called out these corps/staff and trashed their names across the airwaves.....giving them the bum's rush.  The 1995 roa was first full-throated, open-exposure of this "whole ministry homo infiltration problem."  And, as I've stated earlier....it gave martindale cover to cancel all future rock of ages......when corps went full-time after 1995 roa. 

All old twi-music tapes and teaching tapes from defector leaders are anathema.  Need to be suspicious of anyone in twi who listens to this stuff and/or harbors attitudes for "old wineskins."  Start confronting.  If need be, bring 2-3 witnesses.  If still unsuccessful, bring them to group confrontation.  Purge the old-wineskin nostalgia.

1995From September-December, these four months seemed like one year.  The paper blizzard of faxes, mandates, updates, etc. was cranking up.  The trustees and trunk office were totally ill-prepared for the onslaught.  When martindale instigated the all-corps full-time policy coupled with wierwille's (illegal) need-basis staff-policy....the paper blizzard had major headwinds.  The job description of field corps was not yet written.  The trunk personnel were scrambling, caught between martindale pontificating and real-life corps situations. EVERY CORPS ACTION had to examined under the microscope of being a productive/unproductive, necessary/unnecessary, etc......with money, money, money at the basis of ever scrutinizing decision.  Bottom line:  How much did martindale trust corps leadership to wisely steward twi's funds?

The full-time corps revelation....er, experiment [August 1995--October 1998] was a pivotal episode of martindale's tenure. A whole chapter could be written on its implementation, adaptation, regulation, subordination and institutionalization.  The pillar that wierwille constructed, the needs-basis policy.....had a MAJOR CRACK going down thru the center of it.  On the field, what constitutes a need?  Every time a corps person decided to drive his/her car for witnessing.....that was an expense.  Extra air conditioning a limb/branch home for meetings/classes.....higher expense.  Your teenage kid needs braces......that's a need, right?  The list is endless.

What all this full-time corps policy exposed was........twi hierarchy was/is a non-factor unless they SUCK OFF THE ABS FOR EVERYTHING.  A small minority at headquarters governs,....er, manipulates the followers to separate them year-after-year from their hard-earned money.  The spiritual mandates are nothing but a ruse.

1996:  Martindale records The Way of Abundance and Power class (WAP).....the foundational class.  Red syllabus.  Later, a systematic running of these new classes for every active follower.  If one didn't take this new class, he was not considered to be involved with twi.....pfal was old wineskin.

1997:  Martindale records The Way of Abundance and Power intermediate class.  Same pattern....everyone in twi must take it to update status and involvement.  Systematically run throughout the usa. 

1998:  Martindale records The Way of Abundance and Power advanced class.  The series is complete.  Big fanfare and celebration for martindale teaching this series and completing the work.  This wap-series is the new standard in twi.  Each limb had to structure 4 separate weekends to run this adv class on the field.  Major work and involvement......trunk/region/limb.  Dress code.  Break out groups to absorb info.  Class picture. Thank you card sent to martindale.

Then, in June at headquarters.......the sexcapade that involved in-residence corps and martindale ensued at the advanced class.  Sexual favors at 1998 Adv Class

And, soon......the walls came tumblin' down.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, skyrider said:

Chockfull......let me take a shot at this.

1989On March 8, 1989 martindale and trustees officially declared "independence day at the way" and separated from chris geer.

Cool. A couple additions and clarifications to your timeline. Honing in on more accuracy every iteration. :) Shortly after this date martindale sends out a loyalty letter to all active Corps demanding that they state their loyalty of who they stand with. 50% of 17th corps does not return in-residence after their interim year. This was the loyalty purge.

1990/91martindale continues vehement opposition to geer and splinter group defectors.  He teaches from Galatians....a two-tape series known as Galatians I and II, but later titled Leadership Tapes I & II.  First released to corps, then all adv class grads.  Later--if attending adv class, these were required prerequisites.  Advanced Class Specials were held in Indianapolis [1990 & 91].....short drive for hq-personnel and support from Rome City & Indianapolis corps.

The Advanced Class Specials I remember were definitely preparations for filming the live DTA class. Why am I thinking that one of those was not in Indianapolis but in Dallas for GWIB that year? At any rate one of the live audience films was used for a class until the final DTA class production. As with every new class coming out, Corps is required to take first with mandatory participation and "old wineskin" purges for any not 100% gung ho. The DTA class was filmed with new production cameras at HQ in the auditorium in 1992. There was a live audience for this, but they were all silent. It was too hard for Loytoy to teach to a camera with no audience at that point. He overcame the need for a live audience filming the WAP class - there was no audience for that.

1992/93Martindale taught live adv class at rome city.....mandatory requirement for all active corps and adv class grads to attend.  This was a purge.  Martindale was stepping forward to purge the old advanced class grads (wierwille allegiance) from the ranks.  New syllabus, new nametag.  New, improved Twi II.  Rise and Expansion book was released in '93 and martindale was gaining confidence, once again.  By the fall of 1993 (or Feb/Mar 1994).....all limb coordinators were to teach an R&E weekend (fri/sat/sun) seminar in their respective limbs.

1994/95A series of purges, like waves slapping the rocky shores of an inlet bay........1) new adv class purge, 2) debt purge, 3) homo purge, 4) word over world purge, 5) full-time corps purge, 6) into the promised land purge, 7) wap class purge, 8) etc.  Before the full-blown "1995 roa homo infiltration proclamation".....several corps and staff were caught "in the act" in homosexual relations:  girl/girl and guy/guy.  On corps nights, martindale called out these corps/staff and trashed their names across the airwaves.....giving them the bum's rush.  The 1995 roa was first full-throated, open-exposure of this "whole ministry homo infiltration problem."  And, as I've stated earlier....it gave martindale cover to cancel all future rock of ages......when corps went full-time after 1995 roa. 

All old twi-music tapes and teaching tapes from defector leaders are anathema.  Need to be suspicious of anyone in twi who listens to this stuff and/or harbors attitudes for "old wineskins."  Start confronting.  If need be, bring 2-3 witnesses.  If still unsuccessful, bring them to group confrontation.  Purge the old-wineskin nostalgia.

1995From September-December, these four months seemed like one year.  The paper blizzard of faxes, mandates, updates, etc. was cranking up.  The trustees and trunk office were totally ill-prepared for the onslaught.  When martindale instigated the all-corps full-time policy coupled with wierwille's (illegal) need-basis staff-policy....the paper blizzard had major headwinds.  The job description of field corps was not yet written.  The trunk personnel were scrambling, caught between martindale pontificating and real-life corps situations. EVERY CORPS ACTION had to examined under the microscope of being a productive/unproductive, necessary/unnecessary, etc......with money, money, money at the basis of ever scrutinizing decision.  Bottom line:  How much did martindale trust corps leadership to wisely steward twi's funds?

This was the birthplace of "Vision and Direction - the Oxymoron". On my list of thread topics to start :) The Way has never trusted Corps leadership with funds. The fund limit approval levels for Petty Cash expenditures were $100 at the Limb level, $300 at the Region level, $500 at the Trunk level, then needs BOT approval. Can't even rent a hall for a meeting without the dummies involved. Unless it's the library or fire station - free. Another way to control expenses - increase the red tape necessary to approve them.

The full-time corps revelation....er, experiment [August 1995--October 1998] was a pivotal episode of martindale's tenure. A whole chapter could be written on its implementation, adaptation, regulation, subordination and institutionalization.  The pillar that wierwille constructed, the needs-basis policy.....had a MAJOR CRACK going down thru the center of it.  On the field, what constitutes a need?  Every time a corps person decided to drive his/her car for witnessing.....that was an expense.  Extra air conditioning a limb/branch home for meetings/classes.....higher expense.  Your teenage kid needs braces......that's a need, right?  The list is endless.

What all this full-time corps policy exposed was........twi hierarchy was/is a non-factor unless they SUCK OFF THE ABS FOR EVERYTHING.  A small minority at headquarters governs,....er, manipulates the followers to separate them year-after-year from their hard-earned money.  The spiritual mandates are nothing but a ruse.

1996:  Martindale records The Way of Abundance and Power class (WAP).....the foundational class.  Red syllabus.  Later, a systematic running of these new classes for every active follower.  If one didn't take this new class, he was not considered to be involved with twi.....pfal was old wineskin.

1997:  Martindale records The Way of Abundance and Power intermediate class.  Same pattern....everyone in twi must take it to update status and involvement.  Systematically run throughout the usa. 

1998:  Martindale records The Way of Abundance and Power advanced class.  The series is complete.  Big fanfare and celebration for martindale teaching this series and completing the work.  This wap-series is the new standard in twi.  Each limb had to structure 4 separate weekends to run this adv class on the field.  Major work and involvement......trunk/region/limb.  Dress code.  Break out groups to absorb info.  Class picture. Thank you card sent to martindale.

Then, in June at headquarters.......the sexcapade that involved in-residence corps and martindale ensued at the advanced class.  Sexual favors at 1998 Adv Class

And, soon......the walls came tumblin' down.

Awesome detail addition - especially the WAP series dates. Thanks so much. With every new class, the pattern was: Corps takes it first - they are all fulltime anyway so they have nothing else to do. Limb coordinators run the classes. then they run it for grads. Then they run it for new students. With each running of the class offers the opportunity for more "old wineskin" purging at every level. Plus, running 3 classes for every new one put out helped indoctrination, and keeping all the Corps with busy hands that are happy hands. All this would occupy time until "Vision and Direction - the Oxymoron" can be developed.

Quote from Chockfull:   This was the birthplace of "Vision and Direction - the Oxymoron". On my list of thread topics to start :) The Way has never trusted Corps leadership with funds. The fund limit approval levels for Petty Cash expenditures were $100 at the Limb level, $300 at the Region level, $500 at the Trunk level, then needs BOT approval. Can't even rent a hall for a meeting without the dummies involved. Unless it's the library or fire station - free. Another way to control expenses - increase the red tape necessary to approve them.

1997:  In JanuaryFebruary......martindale attacked the whole issue of "gift giving" to field corps.  He cited examples of BRIBERY from the scriptures and then launched into several incidents where corps received a gift from someone that, he claimed, had a bribe attached to it.  No corps were to receive any gifts from their area followers.....not even some tomatoes from someone's garden.  It became an insane mandate.  Yet, martindale still received gifts.

"Vision and Direction" policies were implemented in September.  Vision and Direction

1995 Full-Time Corps "revelation"

Here is a sample of reporting and paperwork sent to region/trunk:  .....all the corps were inundated with reporting back to twi leadership. I tend to believe that the trunk office issued this paper blizzard to appease martinfail's screaming episodes and micromanaged leadership style. Quite obvious to me.....martinfail didn't trust the corps to do their ministerial duties.
The paperwork was multi-faceted. Branch guys reported to the limb, the limb to region, the region to trunk, the trunk to bot. The following are some of the reports that I recall:

--Time-Analysis Report....each week, this report was a projected schedule of the corps person's week detailing 6am - 11pm in 30-minute time slots. After about one year, lcm instructed region & limb guys to scrutinize these reports and strongly recommend changes (each week).

--Witnessing Report....each week, this report was a detailed analysis of how many in your area went witnessing, the number of contacts, the number of follow-ups, the number who attended fellowships as a result, the number who signed up for WAP, etc.

--Petty Cash Report....each branch, limb and region were allocated a level of petty cash. Branch corps, generally, consisted of two or three fellowships and didn't utilze petty cash reports except for times when lcm designated 8 consecutive public/formal branch meetings during the videotaping of WAP. All expenses over $100 had to be cleared by the region guy. The region guy could spend up to $300 before the trunk got involved.

--Yearly Budget Reports....this report had to be cleared through twi's personnel department. With some 600+ corps/families on payroll, this was a monumental task to sort thru the "needs" of every corps family, every situation. Some parents had a child in a musical instrument class, or a karate class, or a voice lessons class, etc. Martindale blasted the corps on a corps meeting for spending "excess money" on their children.

--[Note: Pet policies, gift-giving policies, pregnancy policies, traveling policies, cable tv policies, etc......these came into play as the mountain of corps expenses soared far beyond anything martindale had foreseen.]

--Monthly Progress Report....(whatever it was called??) detailed each branch's progress on class sign-ups (fnd, int, ac, etc). Month after month, it seemed like there were always goose eggs (zeros) in the blanks.

--Trunk Faxes.....reporting back on specific policies or corps meeting assignments was common. The corps were responsible to listen to lcm's sts tape on tuesday or early wednesday each week BEFORE the corps phone hookup. Trunk faxes were common and demanded a quick response. Sometimes, corps would be up until midnight to meet the fax deadline.

--Greetings Faxed to Trunk....as the paper-insantiy escalated, the corps seemed to be competing as to who could send in the most heartfelt greeting for twi's anniversary, for thanksgiving, for twi's holiday party, for the new year's, etc.

--Thank You Cards.....it became mandatory for each branch, each area to send a unique, handmade, personalized card to lcm after each WAP class. Every student was to sign the card and detail what blessed them specifically in the class.

Those who had bigger branches, bigger limbs, bigger regions had MORE paperwork to do. It wasn't any secret why MANY region couples had no kids. No time.

• Upvote 3

Now I'm seeing why I don't remember a good deal of this sh1zzl3.  Repression is the brain's way of protecting itself. ;)

And....

Paw's GOT SOME DOCS UP RESTORED IN THE DOCS SECTION ON GREASESPOT!!!!!!!!!!!!  We don't have to link to the Wayback machine anymore.

YEAH!   Thanks Paw.

• Upvote 4

OMG ... how exTREMEly thankful I am that I got out when I did!  After the "diaspora" of '86 (when I made a conscious decision that it would be the last ROA I'd ever attend), the morphing into deeper levels of insane manipulation that continued to just get worse and worse as each year progressed would've been enough to cause me to become seriously mentally ill, had I stayed any longer!  I feel so awful for those who did not leave then ... and for those who are still in after all these years.  This history with all this detail -- (thanks Skyrider, Chockful, DWBH) -- can only do folks good -- in aiding many to escape, hopefully! 

Damn, I made the mistake of reading the entire 6-page, July 1994 homo-purge letter from that dickhead, LCM (that Chockfull posted just above), and I had a haunting of his disgusting voice and arrogant swagger and the LOUSY way his "teachings" (insane rantings, more like) used to leave so many of us feeling.  I cannot imagine the torment so may gay and lesbian people must've experienced in those "purge" years.  And all the others who were made complicit, through guilting and coersion, to "turn the sinners in"!  I still cannot believe that that loser of a man -- that arrogant, self-righteous POS -- has an income for life and owns part of the Gunnison property that our hard-earned dollars supported for decades.  (Hell, I was the only girl on the Paint Crew at Gunnison and I've linseed-oiled ever damn log on that property at least once!)  If only someone could sue his a*@ off NOW -- someone for whom the statute of limitations might not apply.  I'd take a ring-side seat for that trial!  And to think that we sat through hours and hours of that asinine "Athletes of the Spirit" -- all so his humongous ego could be stroked.  I really wonder if he EVER gives a thought to the damage he has caused so many of his fellow humans? 

Edited by Lanikaigal
  • Upvote 3

thanks for the links, Chockfull

I found something else interesting in the opening corps night notes:

“…The spirit realm has so learned and mastered Dr. Wierwille's class that it uses it against us…”

Do you realize what this means?!?! Devil spirits did not have to pay for the class nor was there a minimum number of devil spirits requirement to put a class together.

• Upvote 2

Ugh.  Just reading this stuff gives me such deep anxiety.  Like I said earlier, I cannot believe this Mofo is still walking around free, and set for life financially.  The man needs to be behind bars -- where (and God, forgive me in advance!) maybe some brothers might acquaint him with the subject a little bit closer up and personal -- a subject he seemed way too obsessed about, if you ask me.  Could it be he protested just a bit too much, as the saying goes?

Seriously, this period of time in twi just screams of bondage, manipulation, fear and extreme arrogance!  To think you could order people around the way he continually did -- shaming and guilting thousands along the way -- it boggles the mind.  He seems to have gotten much more damaged (and damaging) after the big walk-out of so many Corps in '85-'86.  He probably took it quite personally ... as he should have!!  Okay, enough. 

I'm just musing here out loud -- cos it's a safe place to do it when it comes to this insane s*#t we put up with for years!

Edited by Lanikaigal
  • Upvote 2

Updates added to timeline

1989On March 8, 1989 martindale and trustees officially declared "independence day at the way" and separated from chris geer. Cool. A couple additions and clarifications to your timeline. Honing in on more accuracy every iteration. :) Shortly after this date martindale sends out a loyalty letter to all active Corps demanding that they state their loyalty of who they stand with. 50% of 17th corps does not return in-residence after their interim year. This was the loyalty purge.

The Advanced Class Specials I remember were definitely preparations for filming the live DTA class. Why am I thinking that one of those was not in Indianapolis but in Dallas for GWIB that year? At any rate one of the live audience films was used for a class until the final DTA class production. As with every new class coming out, Corps is required to take first with mandatory participation and "old wineskin" purges for any not 100% gung ho. The DTA class was filmed with new production cameras at HQ in the auditorium in 1992. There was a live audience for this, but they were all silent. It was too hard for Loytoy to teach to a camera with no audience at that point. He overcame the need for a live audience filming the WAP class - there was no audience for that.

Add:  May 1994 "Get Out of Debt" Letter in Corps Document Files

Add:  July 1994 "War on Homosexuals" Letter from martindale

Add:  July 1994 "Dumping of Spouse Corps" Letter from martindale

Link -- Document Files 

This was the birthplace of "Vision and Direction - the Oxymoron". On my list of thread topics to start :) The Way has never trusted Corps leadership with funds. The fund limit approval levels for Petty Cash expenditures were $100 at the Limb level, $300 at the Region level, $500 at the Trunk level, then needs BOT approval. Can't even rent a hall for a meeting without the dummies involved. Unless it's the library or fire station - free. Another way to control expenses - increase the red tape necessary to approve them.

The full-time corps revelation....er, experiment [August 1995--October 1998] was a pivotal episode of martindale's tenure. A whole chapter could be written on its implementation, adaptation, regulation, subordination and institutionalization.  The pillar that wierwille constructed, the needs-basis policy.....had a MAJOR CRACK going down thru the center of it.  On the field, what constitutes a need?  Every time a corps person decided to drive his/her car for witnessing.....that was an expense.  Extra air conditioning at limb/branch home for meetings/classes.....higher expense.  Your teenage kid needs braces......that's a need, right?  The list is endless.

1996:  Martindale records The Way of Abundance and Power class (WAP).....the foundational class.  Red syllabus.  Later, a systematic running of these new classes for every active follower.  If one didn't take this new class, he was not considered to be involved with twi.....pfal was old wineskin.  With every new class, the pattern was: Corps takes it first - they are all full-time anyway so they are tasked with martindale mandates. Limb coordinators run the classes. then they run it for grads. Then they run it for new students. With each running of the class offers the opportunity for more "old wineskin" purging at every level.

Add:  1997 "Gift Policy for Corps" Letter from hq

Add:  March 1997 "Dangers of Bribery" Letter from martindale

Add:  September 1997 "Vision and Direction" Policy

Edited by skyrider
  • Upvote 2

There’s something so flagrantly hypocritical about a big-mouth preacher/ big-time adulterer persecuting homosexuals….Well….let’s just ignore the tons of bible verses that condemn adultery by saying it means spiritual adultery. So the few bible verses about homosexuality must be referring to spiritual homosexuality…..hmmmmm… spiritual attraction or spiritual behavior with someone of the same gender…..

yikes !!!!

vp and LCM were….

….boyfriends!

Edited by T-Bone
font issues
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, T-Bone said:

There’s something so flagrantly hypocritical about a big-mouth preacher/ big-time adulterer persecuting homosexuals….Well….let’s just ignore the tons of bible verses that condemn adultery by saying it means spiritual adultery. So the few bible verses about homosexuality must be referring to spiritual homosexuality…..hmmmmm… spiritual attraction or spiritual behavior with someone of the same gender…..

yikes !!!!

vp and LCM were….

….boyfriends!

Isn't the current pop culture reference to such relationships "bromance?" :eusa_clap:

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

I am the named name in the Homo purge letter to the Corps from LCM.  Some true, but mostly false.  Yes I am proudly Gay! but most of the other stuff was just crap.  As for him turning me over to Satan for the destruction of the soul, I should thank him for the abrupt end of my involvement with TWI.. I am now a successful business man, President of a Region of the Antique Automobile Club of America. member of the Metropolitan Community Church.

TWI always said that it was a research ministry, but on the subject of Homosexuality, it stayed in its dark ages thinking. no honorable research done.

I have a lot of fond memories of the people and the teachings.  I hold fast to those memories, but let fall to the side the days of LCM

I'm going through the Way Corps site and here on the Greased Spot and remembering the people from my first year in residence and last year, the days on staff and later as a twig area coordinator.  The saddest thing that I find is no one remembers me. But I guess that's ok I was not a popular guy.  I think the thing that hurt the most being kicked out of the TWI was that all the so called "friends" the ones that "loved me" were now silent, never called, never spoke to me again, (who did Jesus hang out with?  the spiritual leaders of the day or the sinners and common man (mostly guys by the way)

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Way8394WC17 said:

The saddest thing that I find is no one remembers me. But I guess that's ok I was not a popular guy. 

I know it's sad but it made me chuckle because, as I've said before, I'm not sure they even realize I'm gone.

So much for ...."We sure do love you!"

Anyway, I'm glad you've found GSC, a place where you can feel free to speak what's on your mind.

Have a cup-o-joe .........(It hasn't been "stretched".)

7 hours ago, Way8394WC17 said:

I am the named name in the Homo purge letter to the Corps from LCM.  Some true, but mostly false.  Yes I am proudly Gay! but most of the other stuff was just crap.  As for him turning me over to Satan for the destruction of the soul, I should thank him for the abrupt end of my involvement with TWI.. I am now a successful business man, President of a Region of the Antique Automobile Club of America. member of the Metropolitan Community Church....(SNIP)

welcome to Grease Spot, Way8394WC17 !

if you're ever by Steve Reno's Cappuccino Drive-Thru while out and about with the Antique Automobile Club - have one on me

steve-o-reno-s-cappuccino.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hi. I spelled my profile name incorrectly. I guess I will have to live with that.

I was Junior Corps F9. I just want to shed some light on this topic from a Junior Corps perspective. We called it “Score Week.” We were precocious teenagers who were almost always unsupervised. I can tell you that as a parent I never would allow my teens to congregate in what amounted to our won private neighborhood in tent city. We would set up our tents in the same area every year and have two weeks of unsupervised sex, booze and rock and roll. We were lucky to mostly not be on any drugs outside of the booze. Score Week and The Rock was not about God or The Bible for us. It was a two week long party. When I look back at it I find it unbelievable that this was allowed to happen, let alone at a Christian event. I never saw any gay sex but I will say that this all started in the early 80’s. by the time LCM figured it out or addressed it, it had been going on for well over a decade. Of course I can now see that it was probably an excuse to cover for the real reason: Shrinking membership and shrinking revenue. 

A few last thoughts.

1. Corps Week often ended with a pizza and beer party. We Junior corps had no problem getting served from adult “bar tenders” aka The Way Corps.  We also had access to wine and liquor at HQ.  Adults got us drunk. That’s the truth. 

2. My self and other Junior Corps had sexual relationships with Way Corps Adults. Usually adults on the younger side but not always. This extended all the way up to the board of trustees. A female friend of mine was sleeping with one of them and it wasn’t LCM. I had several encounters with a 20 year old Way Corps member when I was 14. 

3. Adults were having the same party that we were. I remember walking into my mother’s RV and smelling marijuana and seeing several Way Corps adults, nude and sitting with people who were not their spouses. Looked like a wife swap to me. That behavior is fine with me, consenting adults and all. But a tad hypocritical for a “church”. 

To say that this became a problem in the mid 90’s is laughable. 

Edited by Junior Corps Surviver
I posted as a reply instead of a new post. Sorry, new to this.
  • Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, Junior Corps Surviver said:

Hi. I spelled my profile name incorrectly. I guess I will have to live with that.

I was Junior Corps F9. I just want to shed some light on this topic from a Junior Corps perspective. We called it “Score Week.” We were precocious teenagers who were almost always unsupervised. I can tell you that as a parent I never would allow my teens to congregate in what amounted to our won private neighborhood in tent city. We would set up our tents in the same area every year and have two weeks of unsupervised sex, booze and rock and roll. We were lucky to mostly not be on any drugs outside of the booze. Score Week and The Rock was not about God or The Bible for us. It was a two week long party. When I look back at it I find it unbelievable that this was allowed to happen, let alone at a Christian event. I never saw any gay sex but I will say that this all started in the early 80’s. by the time LCM figured it out or addressed it, it had been going on for well over a decade. Of course I can now see that it was probably an excuse to cover for the real reason: Shrinking membership and shrinking revenue. 

A few last thoughts.

1. Corps Week often ended with a pizza and beer party. We Junior corps had no problem getting served from adult “bar tenders” aka The Way Corps.  We also had access to wine and liquor at HQ.  Adults got us drunk. That’s the truth. 

2. My self and other Junior Corps had sexual relationships with Way Corps Adults. Usually adults on the younger side but not always. This extended all the way up to the board of trustees. A female friend of mine was sleeping with one of them and it wasn’t LCM. I had several encounters with a 20 year old Way Corps member when I was 14. 

3. Adults were having the same party that we were. I remember walking into my mother’s RV and smelling marijuana and seeing several Way Corps adults, nude and sitting with people who were not their spouses. Looked like a wife swap to me. That behavior is fine with me, consenting adults and all. But a tad hypocritical for a “church”. 

Wait a f'n minute . . . kids in The Way were allowed to communicate back then?

11 hours ago, Junior Corps Surviver said:

A few last thoughts.

3. Adults were having the same party that we were. I remember walking into my mother’s RV and smelling marijuana and seeing several Way Corps adults, nude and sitting with people who were not their spouses. Looked like a wife swap to me. That behavior is fine with me, consenting adults and all. But a tad hypocritical for a “church”

Welcome to Grease Spot, Junior CS

Great line But a tad hypocritical for a “church” ! I was in Family Corps 11 but left TWI during our Interim year (or whatever the hell it was called after 2 years of in-residence training); but I’m still flabbergasted whenever I hear of the sordid details from others who have left. Geez Louise, TWI had one hell of a Pharisee Training Program…I’m so glad you’re out – hang in there – we’re all survivors here.

The corps principle acquire an in-depth spiritual perception and awareness when “decrypted” pragmatically actually means to achieve the same calloused self-righteous perspective as vp, oblivious to its effect on yourself and others.

Maybe there’s something to the phrase “love is blind”. I was so enamored with vp that I never saw through his man-of-gawd façade. I’ve mentioned several times on Grease Spot, the pajama party vp had for the Family Corps one night, showing his favorite porn video – and the most frightening thing that still comes to my mind anytime I recall that night is to realize how powerful their indoctrination process was – for at the time, no alarms of impropriety sounded in my head nor did I hear of anyone else voicing concerns afterwards.

I’d like to elaborate on your statement “The Rock was not about God or The Bible for us” – that goes for the whole enchilada! Anything that came from vp was not really about God or the Bible – it was more about how great vp was…First order of business for anyone in TWI who is sick and tired of the repression, confusion, hatemongering, hypocrisy, etc. – they need to address the elephant in the tomb – the sick and depraved legacy of vp.

Edited by T-Bone
font problem
  • Upvote 3

Thanks T Bone. I would say that, speaking for myself, Twig and TWI in general was about The Bible. I started in TWI when I was 4 so it was all I new and for the most part I took it very seriously. But a raging hormonal teen is still a raging hormonal teen. At Corps Week/The Rock I rarely went to the big top teachings. I didn’t work. I didn’t do anything but eat, sleep, drink, smoke and fool around with girls. And I certainly wasn’t alone in that.  My kids do not know a life with the level of freedom I had in Ohio. It’s completely inappropriate. 

• Upvote 1