GreaseSpot Cafe

Who's the character who said that movie line?

I was thinking about a variation of the Flicks From Just One Thread Line thread in order to pick it up because it seems to have run out it's course.  And with good reason.  In this game we name the character who made the quote from the movie.  I may know most of the movies where those movie lines came, but I probably don't know all the character's who made them, which makes it more interesting.

OK, I'll try the first one.

"The point is, Ladies and Gentlemen, that greed, for lack of a better word, is good.  Greed is right!  Greed works"!

10 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

That would be "Gordon Gekko" (sp?) (Michael Douglas)

Is it OK to give the actor, if you can't remember the character's name?

"The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain."  (I guess either of two characters would do here, since one repeats the line after the other.)

George

Sure, in an effort to keep it moving, the name of the actor will do.  Not sure about you're clue.

On 1/8/2017 at 0:54 PM, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Same character, same scene (I think):

"A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down."

George

Well let's go then, with the character and the title both of the same name:  Mary Poppins

1 hour ago, Seth R. said:

Thanks, I'll pass, was just checking on things.

OK. 

Revenge is a dish that tastes best when it is served cold!

I know of this line because it's one of my favorite movies.  However, I won't expect those here (most here) to know that movie all that well.  But I also know it's been used in a particular movie that many here are very familiar with and it's from a particular genre that many here are quite hip with. I'll accept any character's (or actor's name).

Don Corleone used my quote in "The Godfather 2".  You're also correct George, It was from Star Trek II but Khan's line was "Kirk ole friend, do you know the Klingon proverb, Revenge is a dish best served cold?". 

But my favorite is John Creasy (Denzel Washington) in Man on Fire, "Revenge is a dish best served cold!"

You're up.