GreaseSpot Cafe

Leah Remini/ Scientology and similarity to TWI

Thomas Loy Bumgarner

in addition to Tom Cruise and John Travolta, along with Kristie Alley, I noticed that Greta Van Sustren also is a Scientologist, which surprised me. I wonder who Wierwille and Martindale tried to entice among Hollywood movie and TV stars. Any one know?

in addition to Tom Cruise and John Travolta, along with Kristie Alley, I noticed that Greta Van Sustren also is a Scientologist, which surprised me. I wonder who Wierwille and Martindale tried to entice among Hollywood movie and TV stars. Any one know? Don't Worry Be Happy?

Edited by pawtucket

1 minute ago, Thomas Loy Bumgarner said:

in addition to Tom Cruise and John Travolta, along with Kristie Alley, I noticed that Greta Van Sustren also is a Scientologist, which surprised me. I wonder who Wierwille and Martindale tried to entice among Hollywood movie and TV stars. Any one know? Don't Worry Be Happy/RD?

Thomas, what surprises me is why anyone would choose to give money to this worthless cult.

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 10:39 AM, Thomas Loy Bumgarner said:

in addition to Tom Cruise and John Travolta, along with Kristie Alley, I noticed that Greta Van Sustren also is a Scientologist, which surprised me. I wonder who Wierwille and Martindale tried to entice among Hollywood movie and TV stars. Any one know?

VPW had no pull in Hollywood.  LCM tired to target athletes since he played college football.  There were a couple pro NFL players involved if I recall.

Scientology spent some of the auditing billions on building Celebrity Centers.  Leah Remini shows clips of when she was in her 20's and at one of the Celebrity Centers.

1 hour ago, chockfull said:

VPW had no pull in Hollywood.  LCM tired to target athletes since he played college football.  There were a couple pro NFL players involved if I recall.

Scientology spent some of the auditing billions on building Celebrity Centers.  Leah Remini shows clips of when she was in her 20's and at one of the Celebrity Centers.

Tony Collins and Irving Fryar. Also MLB player Tony Phillips.

3 hours ago, chockfull said:

Somebody who played for the New England Patriots.  IIRC, Tony Collins was the one.  Despite all the local leadership objecting (and lcm documented this himself), TC was given a WOW pin despite never having gone WOW nor even gone witnessing door-to-door.  They all knew 'respect of persons" when they saw it. 

Baseball player Tony Phillips and hockey player Jim Schoenfeld also. Plus, Paula Smith, tennis player. 

21 minutes ago, WordWolf said:

Somebody who played for the New England Patriots.  IIRC, Tony Collins was the one.  Despite all the local leadership objecting (and lcm documented this himself), TC was given a WOW pin despite never having gone WOW nor even gone witnessing door-to-door.  They all knew 'respect of persons" when they saw it. 

Baseball player Tony Phillips and hockey player Jim Schoenfeld also. Plus, Paula Smith, tennis player. 

Irving Fryar also played for the NE Patriots but that wasn't the only team he was on during his NFL career.

2 hours ago, outandabout said:

I remember VPW talking about Gunnison being a place for celebrities to hang out and how he was going to have a restaurant built that went over the water where you could see the river through a glass floor.  Really I recall he said that. 

Verbose grandiosity of a narcissist! (not you)

• 2 weeks later...

My father donated some of his prize trophies to Gunnison when we went into the corps. My favorite was this 16 point elk that he received a plaque for and was mounted in our living room for my entire life until the family corps. As was a beautiful ram. To this day it hangs at Gunnison and I don't even think they gave him credit by putting his name below it or anything. I believe you'd have to remove it from the wall to see his name. It wasn't enough for them to take the love out of our family, they brainwashed my parents into giving them a lot of nice things we had over the years.  

11 hours ago, Beguiled said:

My father donated some of his prize trophies to Gunnison when we went into the corps. My favorite was this 16 point elk that he received a plaque for and was mounted in our living room for my entire life until the family corps. As was a beautiful ram. To this day it hangs at Gunnison and I don't even think they gave him credit by putting his name below it or anything. I believe you'd have to remove it from the wall to see his name. It wasn't enough for them to take the love out of our family, they brainwashed my parents into giving them a lot of nice things we had over the years.  

Begulied, that stinks!  TWI at the very least, should give your father credit, for his contributions.

I brought up this topic on Facebook's GreaseSpot Cafe forum

19 hours ago, Beguiled said:

I remember seeing an ad in the Way Mag saying "Remember The Way in Your Will". Even then in my Waybrain I was shocked.

New episode tomorrow night at 9pm. Can't wait to see Leah and Mike expose more hypocrisy and comparisons to our Ohio cult

omg, the extreme paddling of young children and making them work as adults at the camps, worse than TWI's HQ, Emporia, Rome City, and Gunnison combined.:CUSSING:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

OK, watched another episode last night.  Saw so many parallels:

L Ron Hubbard = VPW (both creepy old guys)

David Miscavige (the successor) = LCM (the successor)

Sea Org = Way Corps

Clear the Planet = Word Over the World

"We are Special, the only ones who can save the world." = "We alone know the true rightly divided word."

Billion Year Contract = Way Corps unbreakable lifetime commitment (doulos/dog soldier)

Declared / Disconnected = Mark and Avoid

Being responsible for what happens to you = Believing equals receiving, Spiritual Responsibility for others, What you fear will happen

Suppressive act = Being negative, not being likeminded, being out of fellowship, not "blessing" others

Psychiatric help is forbidden = no need for psychiatric treatment since it's your fault for not renewing your mind

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Tuesday night's episode was about writing reports on confrontations and rants/screaming to malcontents. VPW/LCM to LRH/DM, how very immature

On 10/20/2017 at 5:38 PM, outandabout said:

OK, watched another episode last night.  Saw so many parallels:

L Ron Hubbard = VPW (both creepy old guys)

David Miscavige (the successor) = LCM (the successor)

Sea Org = Way Corps

Clear the Planet = Word Over the World

"We are Special, the only ones who can save the world." = "We alone know the true rightly divided word."

Billion Year Contract = Way Corps unbreakable lifetime commitment (doulos/dog soldier)

Declared / Disconnected = Mark and Avoid

Being responsible for what happens to you = Believing equals receiving, Spiritual Responsibility for others, What you fear will happen

Suppressive act = Being negative, not being likeminded, being out of fellowship, not "blessing" others

Psychiatric help is forbidden = no need for psychiatric treatment since it's your fault for not renewing your mind

:eusa_clap:

great correlation there, OutandAbout !!!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hubbard was a C student and left college after 1 year and 1 semester. I wonder what Wierwille's grades were at college and seminary.He also was a poor navy seaman. But at least Hubbard was in the military(although he had troubles with the officers) while VPW refused to serve during World War II.

Edited by Thomas Loy Bumgarner

5 hours ago, Thomas Loy Bumgarner said:

Hubbard was a C student and left college after 1 year and 1 semester. I wonder what Wierwille's grades were at college and seminary.He also was a poor navy seaman. But at least Hubbard was in the military(although he had troubles with the officers) while VPW refused to serve during World War II.

Thomas, the military isn't fun, and you have to do a lot of things you don't want to do.  That's the nature of the military.  I think VPW was afraid to join the military, because he knew that it would not be all Moonlight, and Roses.  VPW liked his luxuries, and would never have been willing to make the necessary sacrifices, to be a good Sailor, Solider, or Airman.

• 4 weeks later...

Leah and Mike return in January

• 1 month later...
On 12/14/2017 at 5:03 PM, Thomas Loy Bumgarner said:

Leah and Mike return in January

Actually, it will be in April