GreaseSpot Cafe

Leah Remini/ Scientology and similarity to TWI

Thomas Loy Bumgarner

I believe Minster was where Way Productions recorded all their albums; Joyful Noise, Good Seed, and Pressed Down.

Wrong, Thomas. Minster was where the “Cultural Center” was. It was an old church in Minster, OH which was refurbished, remodeled, and turned into a theater style facility. Way Productions never audio recorded any of their albums there during my entire time at HQ which ended in 1986. There were several High Country Caravan video productions recorded there, but it was completely replaced by that 800lb gorilla called the auditorium. Up until then, all way prod albums were recorded at various professional recording studios around OH. I know because I worked in them.

My memory is that the 'cultural center' was in New Bremen. I was showing my parents around the area, and my mother was surprised that the way owned that church building. She said she was a bridesmaid at a wedding there in the 40's, and relished being able to look through the place. I question myself though, as DWBH would know more than me.

Hiway29! You are correct! The “Cultural Center” was in New Bremen, NOT Minster! Thanks for the accurate correction. I confused the Minster Theater, where we did the first weekly Joyful Noise/Way Prod shows in 1973-1974. It was the movie theater in Minster which we rented during the weekdays for rehearsals, and when we did the shows there. Lotsa fun in those early beginning Joyful Noise daze! Nothing was ever recorded there except bad audios of the shows from the mixing board. The refurbished old church which became the Cultural Center was in New Bremen. Thanks hiway29!!

Edited by DontWorryBeHappy
Spelling

16 hours ago, hiway29 said:

My memory is that the 'cultural center' was in New Bremen. I was showing my parents around the area, and my mother was surprised that the way owned that church building. She said she was a bridesmaid at a wedding there in the 40's, and relished being able to look through the place. I question myself though, as DWBH would know more than me.

Is that the one that had all the artwork & paintings in it from various TWI artists?

Infoabsorption, you may be thinking  of the house in Sidney, Ohio.  The church in New Bremen was set up for theatrical or music productions, and I don't think there was much room to hang paintings. The Sidney house had a lot of art from various way artists , as well as curious items including the window frame through which vp supposedly watched it snow.

• Like 1

The Sidney House was dubbed “The Fine Arts and Historical Center”. The first “coordinators” of the place were Pam Craley (5th corpse), and Mark and Ann Carli (6th corpse), who lived on site. It was a beautiful mansion in Sidney with 3 floors, including a full formal ballroom on the third floor. There were kept Dotsie’s diaries all the way back to the Youth Chimes Caravan Hour and the infamous trip to India. There were a substantial amount of old documents of the early daze in TWIt that were housed there. The original incorporation papers of The Way Inc., minutes of the Board of Directors meetings of the early 60s before dictor paul disbanded it. Pictures and accounts of the building of the BRC, pictorial and written essays on the life of K.C. Pillai and George Lamsa, the early PFAL syllabi, intermediate and AC syllabi, “manuscripts” of Are The Dead Alive Now, JCING, RTHST, PFAL, The Dilemma Of Foreign Missions MS, and numerous other “historical” documents involving Dotsie’s and Dictor’s journey to cultism. It was a beautiful mansion built by wealthy local citizen patrons of Sidney. It was among the first properties to be sold off in dem Fawg Years.

Edited by DontWorryBeHappy

Did the city of Sidney purchase it and made it a historic property site?

1 hour ago, Thomas Loy Bumgarner said:

Did the city of Sidney purchase it and made it a historic property site?

Thomas...........this Wikipedia link might help answer some of your questions.   Whitby Mansion

The Way International assumed responsibility for 16 years from 1974 to 1990.

In 1994 it was repurchased and renamed GreatStone Castle......used for events and bed/breakfast.

Whitby_Mansion%2C_Sidney.jpg

Edited by skyrider
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

The reason this season was short was because Scientology sent in a spy who was/is a strong member who pretended to be a person interested in escaping the cult but was reporting back to Miscavege and others in Clearwater, Florida. When Mike and Leah found out, they erased the episode but have promised in a future episode what exactly happened.

• 4 months later...

Standing UP.......and Speaking OUT against one's former cult is challenging.  Especially, against the deep pockets and zealous fanatics in Scientology.

With paid harassers, spies, lies, and private i's........the scientology goons go to your place of employment, harass neighbors and community, spread lies on the internet, doing anything and everything to provoke a response that they can then videotape and smear your reputation and drown your livelihood.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Leah Remini's Final Episode of "Scientology and the Aftermath"

• Even this New York Post article headlines this story from the Scientology Cult's point of view (smears, character assassination)

"..........the final episode of “Scientology and the Aftermath” will air on Aug. 26, at Remini’s behest — it was not canceled. The former Scientologist-turned-anti-Scientology activist has used the Emmy-winning series, which premiered in 2016, to examine the organization’s practices."

"..........Remini said thanks in part to the church’s retaliation, doing the show is “emotionally draining."

On 2/12/2019 at 2:54 PM, DontWorryBeHappy said:

The Sidney House was dubbed “The Fine Arts and Historical Center”. The first “coordinators” of the place were Pam Craley (5th corpse), and Mark and Ann Carli (6th corpse), who lived on site. It was a beautiful mansion in Sidney with 3 floors, including a full formal ballroom on the third floor. There were kept Dotsie’s diaries all the way back to the Youth Chimes Caravan Hour and the infamous trip to India. There were a substantial amount of old documents of the early daze in TWIt that were housed there. The original incorporation papers of The Way Inc., minutes of the Board of Directors meetings of the early 60s before dictor paul disbanded it. Pictures and accounts of the building of the BRC, pictorial and written essays on the life of K.C. Pillai and George Lamsa, the early PFAL syllabi, intermediate and AC syllabi, “manuscripts” of Are The Dead Alive Now, JCING, RTHST, PFAL, The Dilemma Of Foreign Missions MS, and numerous other “historical” documents involving Dotsie’s and Dictor’s journey to cultism. It was a beautiful mansion built by wealthy local citizen patrons of Sidney. It was among the first properties to be sold off in dem Fawg Years.

DWBH, I think they used to give tours of it.  Or am I wrong?  For some reason, I think I went on a tour there years, and years ago.  But perhaps I am wrong.

6 hours ago, Grace Valerie Claire said:

DWBH, I think they used to give tours of it.  Or am I wrong?  For some reason, I think I went on a tour there years, and years ago.  But perhaps I am wrong.

I know they used to give tours of it because I took a tour of it.   I still remember a few details that made an impression on me, faint as they were. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I saw the last episode last night, typical 2 hour episode but they did not explain about the spying from one of their detractors unless it was about Danny Masterson and his raping women.

We watched the final episode last night too. I was shocked at the number of folks that raised their hands when asked if they knew someone who was sexually abused in Scientology…I think the illicit motives for sex, money and power are (or is :rolleyes:)the ubiquitous trinity found in many abusive cults.

Interesting article on this undesirable dark triad

4 hours ago, T-Bone said:

We watched the final episode last night too. I was shocked at the number of folks that raised their hands when asked if they knew someone who was sexually abused in Scientology…I think the illicit motives for sex, money and power are (or is :rolleyes:)the ubiquitous trinity found in many abusive cults.

Interesting article on this undesirable dark triad

Not surprising. However, "illicit motive(not plural) for sex, money and power IS." Illicit motiveS (if they are not taken as a single motive) ARE. Doesn't matter to me whether you consider them individually or together.

But it says something (a lot) about the vulnerability of humanity to abuse by those who would prey (not pray) over them.