GreaseSpot Cafe
Thomas Loy Bumgarner

Leah Remini/ Scientology and similarity to TWI

I believe Minster was where Way Productions recorded all their albums; Joyful Noise, Good Seed, and Pressed Down.

Wrong, Thomas. Minster was where the “Cultural Center” was. It was an old church in Minster, OH which was refurbished, remodeled, and turned into a theater style facility. Way Productions never audio recorded any of their albums there during my entire time at HQ which ended in 1986. There were several High Country Caravan video productions recorded there, but it was completely replaced by that 800lb gorilla called the auditorium. Up until then, all way prod albums were recorded at various professional recording studios around OH. I know because I worked in them.

My memory is that the 'cultural center' was in New Bremen. I was showing my parents around the area, and my mother was surprised that the way owned that church building. She said she was a bridesmaid at a wedding there in the 40's, and relished being able to look through the place. I question myself though, as DWBH would know more than me.

Hiway29! You are correct! The “Cultural Center” was in New Bremen, NOT Minster! Thanks for the accurate correction. I confused the Minster Theater, where we did the first weekly Joyful Noise/Way Prod shows in 1973-1974. It was the movie theater in Minster which we rented during the weekdays for rehearsals, and when we did the shows there. Lotsa fun in those early beginning Joyful Noise daze! Nothing was ever recorded there except bad audios of the shows from the mixing board. The refurbished old church which became the Cultural Center was in New Bremen. Thanks hiway29!!

Edited by DontWorryBeHappy
Spelling

16 hours ago, hiway29 said:

My memory is that the 'cultural center' was in New Bremen. I was showing my parents around the area, and my mother was surprised that the way owned that church building. She said she was a bridesmaid at a wedding there in the 40's, and relished being able to look through the place. I question myself though, as DWBH would know more than me.

Is that the one that had all the artwork & paintings in it from various TWI artists?

Infoabsorption, you may be thinking  of the house in Sidney, Ohio.  The church in New Bremen was set up for theatrical or music productions, and I don't think there was much room to hang paintings. The Sidney house had a lot of art from various way artists , as well as curious items including the window frame through which vp supposedly watched it snow.

• Like 1

The Sidney House was dubbed “The Fine Arts and Historical Center”. The first “coordinators” of the place were Pam Craley (5th corpse), and Mark and Ann Carli (6th corpse), who lived on site. It was a beautiful mansion in Sidney with 3 floors, including a full formal ballroom on the third floor. There were kept Dotsie’s diaries all the way back to the Youth Chimes Caravan Hour and the infamous trip to India. There were a substantial amount of old documents of the early daze in TWIt that were housed there. The original incorporation papers of The Way Inc., minutes of the Board of Directors meetings of the early 60s before dictor paul disbanded it. Pictures and accounts of the building of the BRC, pictorial and written essays on the life of K.C. Pillai and George Lamsa, the early PFAL syllabi, intermediate and AC syllabi, “manuscripts” of Are The Dead Alive Now, JCING, RTHST, PFAL, The Dilemma Of Foreign Missions MS, and numerous other “historical” documents involving Dotsie’s and Dictor’s journey to cultism. It was a beautiful mansion built by wealthy local citizen patrons of Sidney. It was among the first properties to be sold off in dem Fawg Years.

Edited by DontWorryBeHappy

Did the city of Sidney purchase it and made it a historic property site?

1 hour ago, Thomas Loy Bumgarner said:

Did the city of Sidney purchase it and made it a historic property site?

Thomas...........this Wikipedia link might help answer some of your questions.   Whitby Mansion

The Way International assumed responsibility for 16 years from 1974 to 1990.

In 1994 it was repurchased and renamed GreatStone Castle......used for events and bed/breakfast.

Whitby_Mansion%2C_Sidney.jpg

Edited by skyrider
  • Like 1