GreaseSpot Cafe

anyone ever hear or a follower of Todd White?

jim jack

Not a "follower" of Todd White, but I watch him occasionally on YouTube. Saw him in person once. Former drug addict, kicked out of the Marine Corps, got saved learning from a guy in Pennsylvania named Dan Mohler. 

By their fruit you'll know them. He loves the Lord and loves people and that's prerequisite to anything I believe. He reaches folks in a sphere of influence no one else can and I or you reach folks he can't. It's a big body of Christ. :rolleyes:

Jay..I'm not really into Todd's personal life...more about what he represents to God & for God's people....don't even know who Paula White is..LOL..and probably never will know unless you fill me in....I truly enjoy people who are going after the Christ like walk despite their horrible pasts.. ;^)

10 minutes ago, jim jack said:

Jay..I'm not really into Todd's personal life...more about what he represents to God & for God's people....don't even know who Paula White is..LOL..and probably never will know unless you fill me in....I truly enjoy people who are going after the Christ like walk despite their horrible pasts.. ;^)

Please tell us how you would know "what he represents to God."

It's really pretty simple..are we "able" to walk as Christ Jesus walked while on the earth? With the new birth, God says we have authority over the enemy. Sickness & disease are caused by the enemy, therefore..when the Bible speaks of "the things that I (Jesus) do, ye SHALL do & greater"..applies to us here & now. Reaching out to people in need is many times "loving the unlovable."..or ministering to a person in a wheel chair looks quite impossible, but if Jesus were here..would it look impossile to him...or would he just say the word & get id of the cause..In watching Todd White/Curry Blake & Tom Fischer..thats pretty much what they are about...just going after that which is "JUST NOT RIGHT" & doing something about it like Jesus would do.....youtube is loaded with street healings..people actively taking part in letting the glory of God cover the earth..doesn't need to be a church setting...."setting the captives free" is another use of words in the epistles..I hope you can take the time to look over these healing videos.One of the most powerful IMHO is a video out of Australia entitled "The normal Christian Life- My baby had a heart attack" they show actual footage of the ordeal..l4 whole minutes of your life...enjoy the goodness of our God & savior!!!!

9 hours ago, jim jack said:

I'm not either. Someone asked. I andwered. 

."....I hope you can take the time to look over these healing videos.One of the most powerful IMHO is a video out of Australia entitled "The normal Christian Life- My baby had a heart attack" they show actual footage of the ordeal..l4 whole minutes of your life."

Link?

Edited by waysider
to indicate quote
  • Upvote 1

waysider...my bad...as I was thinking Todd Whites different sharings..again just go on youtube.com & type in "the  normal christian life-my baby had a heart attack..its l4 minutes that are pretty powerful..actual footage of the child's condition..as they video'd the birth & after...please get back with me your take on it..JJ ;^)

13 minutes ago, jim jack said:

waysider..the best suggestion is to simply go on youtube & pick one..that suits your fancy..don't let the dreads scare ya..LOL

jim jack, the best suggestion to you is simply to provide a link to one that you believe supports your argument/claim.

1 hour ago, jim jack said:

there's such a nice variety to choose from..as I think people have the ability to type in a title & then roam around..but thanx for the advice Rocky..JJ

LOL... you want people to check this fellow out because you believe there's something special about him... but you expect everyone to just take your word for it? That's not how selling your point works.

well obviously you don't know me from "adam"..but I would be honored if you took a l/2 hour to look it over & decide for yourself..I promise it won't corrupt you..& perhaps it would be of value..alot of us have been duped before..& yet alot of us believe that God will protect our hearts..as alot of life is about risk..JJ ;^)

Paula White is a mega-Church TV "Evangelist". She was married to Randy White who started her off in his own mega-church TV Evangelist business. They divorced and she kept his name and eventually took over his church. She's "giving the Invocation" at the Putz's upcoming inauguration. She's another "Christian" who is a useful idiot for the Putz's phony appeal to the "Evangelical Alt-right" who voted for him. Just to clarify why I asked. No fan of Todd or his cohorts. But, that's just me.

Edited by DontWorryBeHappy
  • Upvote 2

DWBH...yeh I thought I had heard the name before...just don't frequent those circles..of TV superstars..lol...can you express your  "non-fanhood" of TW & his "cohorts"?? Alot of what TW explains is about miracles happening as he reaches out to those with problems..do you see it differently??

Yes I do Jim.

I feel that basing an entire belief system, with its own idiosyncratic doctrines based on the experience of one or more individuals, will lead to just another "way" among thousands of how to believe correctly and what you can then accomplish with this "new" Jesus power. Indeed, some of these salesmen may have genuine "gifts of the spirit" which they "manifest" in unique ways. However, no such gifts are given except from the Lord Jesus Christ, and no prescription on how to "do-it-yourself" can be given based on anyone's experience(s). I believe that so doing is exactly what dictor paul did to replace personal experience and even fellowship with Jesus with his "rightly-divided Woid". He just prescribed his anti-Christ teachings as being "the Word", the only "way" to "manifesting the power of gawd". He replaced "the living Word, the Word made flesh", the Lord Jesus Christ, with vp's fictitious "rightly-divided Word", thereby absenting Christ from TWIt and its followers, and replacing Christ with his phony "man-o-gawd" self.

That is why I disagree with relying on ANY man or woman's experience as a matter of faith or as a "prescription" for a stronger or better manner of that faith. That does not deny the existence of spiritual gifts or manifestations, nor does it disparage them. It simply does not elevate them to the status of being "correct" nor "more rightly-divided" than any other human experience, regardless of chosen religious faith. There may well be something YOU believe YOU can learn from them. And that's great for YOU. For me, "experience" remains "no guarantee of truth", nor does anyone's personal interpretation of scripture  but my own, determine what I choose to believe. Peace.

Edited by DontWorryBeHappy
Spelling
  • Upvote 2

DWBH (is that ok if I abbreviate you??) LOL..I come/came from a similar teaching position, having been "in" TWI for a dozen years..so I realize where you're coming from....as a so called advanced class grad..I felt I had a pretty descent theological "handle" on these spiritual things..so seldom did any of our leaders ever share testimony after testimony of healings & miracles....so to see this online in terms of men & women ministering & videoing it for our sakes was/is quite a treat..I conclude after watching many of these is...l) I would like to be a part of "operating these" manifestations or gifts & 2) what are they doing that I was never taught to do & 3) what false doctrnes do I hold to that would prevent healings & miracles from taking place both in my life & the lives of those I'm attempting to touch.?(& can I re-think these wrong positions & see improved results?)

IMHO..Curry Blake delves into these so called "sacred cows" of wrong doctrine..that used to hang HIm up when it came to getting results...he learned alot of this from the likes of John G Lake & Alexander Dowie along with Smith Wigglesworth..who did tremendous healings around the turn of the 20th centrury....I must admit..this is nothing like TWI..more like valuable "tidbits" of truth that I go out & try & see if they are true.. I feel for the ex-Way gang out there..yeh we attached ourselves to VP's "way"..to me though..the proofs in the pudding..if new bones & vertebrae & tumors are dissappearing etc etc..there MUST be something to it..& they're sharing the "how" with us..See we can lay hands on people (& they SHALL recover)..but what are our reasons for not doing so...? this is what they are trying to unfold so we don't get talked out of walking in this power...this is fun stuff..no one micromanaging me..(freedom)..but lovingly sharing what they do & tried & failed & tried & succeeded..too much fun my friend.. Hope you (all) take a peek..this iS predicted for the end times..so why not try to  poke some holes thru this??  JJ!!

Seems to me the "experience is no guarantee for truth" was one sided for vp. My experiences or your experiences were no guarantee for truth, but "his" were. The alcoholic that came to his church, the man with the paralyzed arm in India, the woman whose child was hit by a car at the bus stop, the red drapes lady, etc. All his experiences we were expected to believe as truth. 

• Upvote 1