GreaseSpot Cafe

anyone ever hear or a follower of Todd White?

jim jack

JayDee..if you ever chose to watch any of Blake's or White's sharing...you;ll always find that they Give God the Glory...as the Lord does work thru his believers...I've  ministered to several people and always confirm to them that God is telling us to lay hands on the sick & they shall recover & do they want me to or not?? I'm am just a man..BUT I am filled with Holy Spirit which does the work..its a great arrangement God came up with..so thank you for confirming what I already know & believe...JJ ;^)

TLC..thank you for your kind remarks as not having been WC..I only had met him personally once for about l/2 hour right near the end of his life..so no ..I was merely a twig leader all those years & did my best in that capacity. I am sure there were many instantaneous healings..as is the case with both White & Blake along with the likes of thomas Fischer, Hiedie Baker, Dan Mohler , Pete Cabrerra and the many others found on the net.....TWI didn't have the corner on healings..but made us aware that it COULD be the norm if we were bold enough to minister to those in our spheres of influence.....Blake says time & time again that John G Lakes ministry is known alot for its healing reputation, but he says that its not its entirety ..but one of the ways people do see it manifested..he makes that very clear & doesn't put all his eggs into that "gifts of healing' basket.. I would have loved to been more into WC experiences..as I know the first time I met VP..we shot basets behind the house for a few minutes..as that was l975..a fun beginning for me..as I was early 20;s  & a farm guy like himself..

DWBH...I guess" over & over" is the word for it, as I did share two videos so YES THAT would be over & over...whew..thank you for enduring it. I'm honored that a few of you now know what else is going on "out there"..maybe its a good thing to see whats available in other people's lives outside of TWI..& the past experiences you had with them....You may be suprised to learn that the youtube is flooded with divine healings from others as well...these are just two whom take the time to share what they are doing which has resulted in people's deliverance...I'm sorry if that offends you..as I am not offended by you words my dear friend..

6 hours ago, jim jack said:

sorry some of you just got thru 2 minutes as this is a tender man....militant at times..but perhaps thats where we've not seen the power happen becaue we back down so readily...not sticking with the concept that" by his stripes we've been healed"..you stand on that or you say "oh well//guess it wasn't the will of God" since you saw nothing happen immeditately.

Thank you all for your honesty as I would live to see ya's check over a few other sharings ...we DO have dominion over evil..but will we blieve it & minister to those who are suffering??? Love ya's  JJ ;^) PS I hope you did play the l4 minute video of the 45 minute old baby & its heart attack & the deliverance that followed...that video I believe is affiliated with Todd White & I don't think Todd nor Curry are affliated with each other

You seem to have rationalized the reason some (including myself) didn't listen to more than the first two minutes. It's not about "backing down." If you read my response to the video, and if you did so with critical thinking skills, you'd see that I gave my reasons for disgust.

It wasn't backing down, it was taking a stand.

3 hours ago, jim jack said:

JayDee..if you ever chose to watch any of Blake's or White's sharing...you;ll always find that they Give God the Glory...as the Lord does work thru his believers...I've  ministered to several people and always confirm to them that God is telling us to lay hands on the sick & they shall recover & do they want me to or not?? I'm am just a man..BUT I am filled with Holy Spirit which does the work..its a great arrangement God came up with..so thank you for confirming what I already know & believe...JJ ;^)

No need to thank me for something I wasn't attempting to do. You believe what you like. I've watched a lot of videos in my time and I don't find God ALWAYS getting the glory as you stated. 

JayDee...I agree...the ego maniacs out there are looking for the glory & power...I enjoy seeing God keep his promises via us reaching out to people in need & it resulting in their deliverance...cool being a part of it in our own small way..but God is the source of power behind our efforts despite what grandios mind sets we may conjure up now & then..I think its a huge key in walking spiritually & not in the flesh.. JJ

Rocky..the "backing down" I referrred to wasn't about watching the entire video my friend...it was in reference to people not sticking with it in regards to ministering......sorry I confused you, as thats the militant part of Blake I enjoy...fighting to the end for the sake of seeing a "completion" of a person getting delivered.. ..sorry I confused you with my wordage... I make a pretty descent attempt as well to stand for truth..I'm sadened that this  disgusts you..as I was hoping you and others would or could see the heart of this man who's making the effort that most will not or do not make..

Click HERE

Cadence and Cascade
Kept a man named Jade;
Cool in the shade
While his audience played.
Purred, whispered, "Spend us too:
We only serve for you".

Sliding mystified
On the wine of the tide
Stared pale-eyed
As his veil fell aside.
Sad paper courtesan
They found him just a man.

Caravan hotel
Where the sequin spell fell
Custom of the game.
Cadence oiled in love
Licked his velvet gloved hand
Cascade kissed his name.

Sad paper courtesan
They knew him just a man.
Songwriters: SINFIELD, PETER JOHN / FRIPP, ROBERT
Cadence And Cascade lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Group

4 hours ago, jim jack said:

Rocky..the "backing down" I referrred to wasn't about watching the entire video my friend...it was in reference to people not sticking with it in regards to ministering......sorry I confused you, as thats the militant part of Blake I enjoy...fighting to the end for the sake of seeing a "completion" of a person getting delivered.. ..sorry I confused you with my wordage... I make a pretty descent attempt as well to stand for truth..I'm sadened that this  disgusts you..as I was hoping you and others would or could see the heart of this man who's making the effort that most will not or do not make..

You didn't confuse me. I get why you'd be sad that we aren't biting on your bait hook. But I (and others) explained what the problems is/are.

Bottom line is that you came here hoping to proselytize but nobody seems to be interested. You set forth your thing... if any one reads it and gets interested, I suppose they can get in touch with Blake. But that's really not the purpose of the Greasespot Cafe.

We already escaped a spiritually abusive cult. You shouldn't be surprised that people here aren't interested in another one.

• Upvote 3

In a thread he started today, Skyrider wrote:

Cult Survivors:  The Duality of Life    Those of us who have extricated, or are still in the process of extricating, ourselves from the cult entanglement of the way international know all too well the challenges we've overcome and still need overcoming.  We are cult survivors......having the resilience, fortitude, and perseverance to reclaim our individual sovereignty.  The cult experience may have grasped chunks of years from our lives, or disconnected us from precious family relationships that took years to repair, of which, many never did, or stole careers, opportunities, and dreams from our lives........but hopefully, should not and/or will not define us. 

Here at GSC, we gather to share our stories and reach out to help others and in doing so, help ourselves as well.  Our mission is to "tell the other side of the story"......

So no, jimjack, proselytizing for other cults is NOT the purpose of GSC.

• Upvote 1

ya know..I learned quite a lot while associating with TWI over 12 years.learned applicable things & also learned what NOT to do.. I think at this stage of my life (64) is the fact that a few of the things I was encouraged in such as the manifestations of the spirit & walking in the spirit & not in the flesh....the fact that I was encouraged in them is /was of great value to me over the years..& now I'm tapping into teachers (by example) who are helping me find the fruition of that encouragement some 40 plus years ago..You can state for fact that JGLM is a cult..perhaps it is..I haven't passed that kind of judgement on them as you have..but this I'm seeing ...RESULTS based on applying that which I was introduced to years ago by TWI.. via the advanced class.. I am simply offering to those who saw a value way back then....perhaps additional keys that will lead them to seeing God's deliverance both for themselves & those they love & want delivered....I'm saddened that you think that this is an evil thing I'm offering..& all along I've been saying..."check it out"..it may be something that you will cherish as I do in 2017!!

My prayer..God please bless these wonderful people here at GSC who are continuing to seek you & your ways & help them not to be distracted by the enemy who wants them to re-live their pasts over & over & over.. Bless you all..our God is at work in you!!!  JJ ;^)

GSC is a very diverse place with many beliefs and attitudes being represented, all the way from Christian to Wicca to Taoism and so on. The most appropriate place to discuss those beliefs is in the doctrinal forum. However, the main purpose of GSC is to expose the reality of what was taking place and continues to take place within The Way. Before the site was reformatted, that was stated clearly on the front page. Perhaps you haven't been here long enough to remember that.

It does appear to me, as indicated by some of your responses, JJ, that you haven't had the opportunity to explore some of the areas of discussion that have appeared here over the years, such as speaking in tongues, the Advanced Class, the law of believing and many more topics.

If there is a specific area of concern in the videos you've posted, perhaps you could start a thread in the doctrinal forum to narrow the discussion a bit.

• Upvote 3

waysider..thank you for your polite response...as It had been oh 5 or 6 years since I ventured into these waters.. I could tell the diversities of different people at that time & got discouraged with it all... then in finding what I had found..thought I'd see if anyone still had hopes of seeing advanced class teachings come to life in their lives..I learned some things from that class...but never in a way that I'm now learning & DOING..which is pretty cool considering it was 40 years ago when we were asked to step down.. (ah l987..LOLOL)

So yes..perhaps doing a doctrine section thread might be best as I intentionally decided posting in  the open forum  section hoping it would get more of a look over....ac tually I'm pleased with alot of the replies...not that most would decide to look at these , but that logic is still prevailing..and some pretty sharp people still hang out here...

I'll kick around whether or not to try this idea..so thank you for your suggestions...Agape...JIm

"I learned some things from that [AC] class"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

O.K. So, there ya go.

Take that thought to doctrine and initiate a discussion of what you or other people may have learned from the Advanced Class.

Edited by waysider
format

On 1/20/2017 at 7:09 AM, jim jack said:

waysider..thank you for a song I had never heard..interesting lyrics... Rocky..so then what IS the purpose of GSC? I find this stuff to be of value..as well as many others who are minisering & getting people delivered..Pray tell..what is the true purpose??

Just wanted to add a comment – I think Grease Spot is multi-purposed. One aspect of which is to serve as a warning to others. A few years ago I found the picture shown below and really took a liking to it. For me it has a two-fold meaning. In one way, it represents the mistake of me being gullible and following a charismatic leader of a cult. Group-think as opposed to using one’s own critical thinking skills leads to disastrous results – sucking down one’s time, resources, energy, etc. in the whirlpool of a sinking ship. Usually a smart person learns from their mistakes…I did and abandoned the S.S. Gullible.

In another way it represents the “vessel” of TWI. I was in TWI for twelve years. Thinking back on where my head was at just before I left – it was a huge breakthrough to realize TWI was NOT the body of Christ. It was NOT God’s ministry. It was a cruel, legalistic, exploiting, and life-dominating organization with some sick and deranged predators at the helm. Going through the way corps leadership training program afforded me a small glimpse of the twisted doctrine and practice that runs this ship. Hence, another realization: the similarities of the Spanish Inquisition and the modern-day-monarchs-of-madness going at it after the Passing of a Patriarch edict (leadership vying for power after the supposed last will and testament of the deceased founding cult leader vpw - for some, one's opinion of Passing of a Patriarch was almost like a litmus test to show where you were at spiritually) ...eventually offshoots happen - variations of the original cult - that's why I'm not interested in checking out other ministries or following any particular person.). ....I abandoned the S.S. TWI-tanic in 1986.  

mistakesdemotivator.jpeg?v=1416776264

Waysider had a good suggestion of exploring more of Grease Spot – perhaps you’ll get a better understanding of why people have responded the way they did.

5fcedff018ae5331a8d022add098c36d.jpg

I wish you the best

love and peace

T-Bone

Edited by T-Bone
clarity oh clarity
  • Upvote 2

thank you T-bone for your kind reply, as I have to admit, when I first came on the scene while Waydale was up & running & then GSC...I realized that there were many "victims" due to what we were fed & how we were treated....by certain people...both "leadership"  & "leaves"..the "leaves" betrayed me more than any leadership ever did, as I tended to "buck the leadership" most of the time..just didn't agree..thus I never felt victimized by them at all..(I KNOW I am the exception most likely).

I purchased a book entitled "killing the victim before the victim kills you" by Dan T....and I realized the carnage in reviewing several of the postings by many many people..who REALLY got hurt & lives ruined...within the pages of this book. There's no magic wand..I get that....does God want us to live out our lives as victims or move on trusting hi to heal our wounds??

Not having been victimized as had/have many...I guess I just decided to go one with my life & attempt to build on the foundation that I've always had..being raised Christian..just doing unto others as they would do unto me....so to lay hands on the sick so that they'll recover...or to pray & expect great things from God is still really important to me.

White/Mohler/Blake/Bill Johnson/Wigglesworth/John G. Lake?Dowie..all put something into practice that TWI was encouraging..but not to my satisfaction...what I am seeing in these various other ministries IS to my satisfaction in that keys are bieing taught that will help us step past our objections to ministering & just going for it for the other's sake...I don't belong to any of these outfits...I'm just "gleaning" on line..maybe they are cultish...I don't know..am not involved with them to any extent except for paying attention to what they're sharing & trying it out.....never went down with the ship is what I'm saying..I know several had & have..and for those I am heartbroken for them & their plights. Joh L---- n always said to eat the fish & spit out the bones" (I'm sure he wasn't the first to say this"..but its what has worked for me..If we do follow scripture & know what to spit out.

If I were victimized...I don't know what I would be doing now...but I wasn't in terms of drastic things occurring because of my association with TWI...so no I cannot identify with these poor souls who went thru hell & perhaps I too would appreciate a warning as such. along with others empathy. JJ :^)

• 5 months later...

JJ, hello.  My name is Grace; I don't think we know each other.  There are many reasons why people come  to the GSC.  I come because I want to hear the truth about TWI.  But I also come because many of the people here are bright, Godly people.  Some of the people here are fascinating; some here don't know Jack.  But it is an interesting website for people to express themselves.  But IMO, people here can spot a Bullsheeter immediately, and they don't tolerate a lot of Bullsheet.  Just my two cents.

• Upvote 1

On 1/20/2017 at 8:09 AM, jim jack said:

waysider..thank you for a song I had never heard..interesting lyrics... Rocky..so then what IS the purpose of GSC? I find this stuff to be of value..as well as many others who are minisering & getting people delivered..Pray tell..what is the true purpose??

On 1/21/2017 at 8:47 AM, waysider said:

GSC is a very diverse place with many beliefs and attitudes being represented, all the way from Christian to Wicca to Taoism and so on. The most appropriate place to discuss those beliefs is in the doctrinal forum. However, the main purpose of GSC is to expose the reality of what was taking place and continues to take place within The Way. Before the site was reformatted, that was stated clearly on the front page. Perhaps you haven't been here long enough to remember that.

It does appear to me, as indicated by some of your responses, JJ, that you haven't had the opportunity to explore some of the areas of discussion that have appeared here over the years, such as speaking in tongues, the Advanced Class, the law of believing and many more topics.

If there is a specific area of concern in the videos you've posted, perhaps you could start a thread in the doctrinal forum to narrow the discussion a bit.

Way, great post.  There are a lot of different view points on GSC, which keeps it interesting, in MHO. It seems to me that these various views were never tolerated in TWI; we were expected to agree with VPW, or leave.  And if you left, sometimes your character was maligned.  I have to admit, I come here to learn.  And to laugh!!

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

Purple Days..yeh..its hard to believe that very few will even check out either he or Thomas Fischer or especially Curry Blake...wonderful divine healings from all three & great sharings teaching people the "how" which TWI totally missed IMHO

DWBH...thats what "they say"..would youlike to articulate further?

Grace..3 fiingers tend to point back at the accuser..are you pointing at me or White??

4 hours ago, jim jack said:

Grace..3 fiingers tend to point back at the accuser..are you pointing at me or White??

That reminds me of the old I’m-rubber-you’re-glue accusation reversal when I was a kid... that’s why I went with pointing all five fingers Magneto-style toward someone - this tends to thwart the three finger turn around Maneuver...

3270.jpg

Edited by T-Bone
Formatting