GreaseSpot Cafe

anyone ever hear or a follower of Todd White?

jim jack

Perhaps we can learn or glean from other's experiences..but does it mean that it will "work equally well" for ALL those who try & duplicate it?? To me..most of the miracles I've seen & experienced...the attitude I had at the time may not parallel with another's attitude...thus they may not have the miracle occur..we're all at different points in our lives...in area of expectations.. IMHO

7 hours ago, jim jack said:

well obviously you don't know me from "adam"..but I would be honored if you took a l/2 hour to look it over & decide for yourself..I promise it won't corrupt you..& perhaps it would be of value..alot of us have been duped before..& yet alot of us believe that God will protect our hearts..as alot of life is about risk..JJ ;^)

As if knowing you enough to distinguish you from Adam carries any significance? You haven't earned the honor of anyone taking a half hour out of their lives to do your research for you. If you want to legitimately argue that this White guy represents the true God, you've got a LOT of 'splainin yet to do there Lucy.

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 1:35 PM, DontWorryBeHappy said:

"experience" remains "no guarantee of truth", nor does anyone's personal interpretation of scripture  but my own, determine what I choose to believe.

I'm inclined to think that applies rather universally to what most anyone really believes (whether they know it, or say it like that, or not.) 

TLC...IMHO...the "proofs in the pudding"...either the results are all lies & they are attempting to Dupe people like us OR this is really going on.??..if a person doesn't look into it..then they can judge it to be BS..but if its really happening...then is their judgement of any value?? Yeh in a way I AM challenging anyone reading this to look into it & THEN make a judgement....;^)

49 minutes ago, jim jack said:

TLC...IMHO...the "proofs in the pudding"...either the results are all lies & they are attempting to Dupe people like us OR this is really going on.??..if a person doesn't look into it..then they can judge it to be BS..but if its really happening...then is their judgement of any value?? Yeh in a way I AM challenging anyone reading this to look into it & THEN make a judgement....;^)

You still haven't really defined what you are challenging anyone to look into. Besides, how can we know anything at all?

Rocky..back in the late 70's I went to see Star Wars at the theatre..& iMHO..felt it was worth recommending...I'm not here to challenge anyone.but rather to invite & see what others out there are into &  experiencing..which to me the results are quite in line with what the Bible predicts will happen in the "end times"...I believe we in TWI were encouraged in these "signs miracles & wonders" & perhaps the fruit of this leading early in our lives is avaialble to "Joe Believer" who will simply walk out on it, as these guys seem to be doing. SIT was to me very simple & I believe healings & miracles are as well..its simply our attitudes towards them that perhaps would stop us..

5 hours ago, jim jack said:

Rocky..back in the late 70's I went to see Star Wars at the theatre..& iMHO..felt it was worth recommending...I'm not here to challenge anyone.but rather to invite & see what others out there are into &  experiencing..which to me the results are quite in line with what the Bible predicts will happen in the "end times"...I believe we in TWI were encouraged in these "signs miracles & wonders" & perhaps the fruit of this leading early in our lives is avaialble to "Joe Believer" who will simply walk out on it, as these guys seem to be doing. SIT was to me very simple & I believe healings & miracles are as well..its simply our attitudes towards them that perhaps would stop us..

But you're still not qualifying what you're suggesting with anything tangible. Choose a video you believe well represents your point and post it here. That would take care of the problem. You choose.

Ok...Rocky..the title to one of the videos on youtube is "Do you want to change the world? January 8 2017...by Curry Blake....to me Blae is the more "tangible" sharing teachers that I pour over now & then & this particular video speaks for itself..,,,hopefully you can take some time & give me your opinion of this presentation.Obviously you can "judge for yourself" friend....JJ!

32 minutes ago, jim jack said:

Ok...Rocky..the title to one of the videos on youtube is "Do you want to change the world? January 8 2017...by Curry Blake....to me Blae is the more "tangible" sharing teachers that I pour over now & then & this particular video speaks for itself..,,,hopefully you can take some time & give me your opinion of this presentation.Obviously you can "judge for yourself" friend....JJ!

It would be so nice if you would go to youtube, choose one get the URL by clicking the share link and paste the link into a comment on this thread. Thank you in advance.

A lot of talk (some might say bloviating), the essence of it being what you (or, others... depending on the perspective taken on it) need to do to be doing (or fulfilling) God's will for your life... 

No, I didn't listen to the whole of it.  But enough to pick up on a few quips from it (and what I think is the essence of it):

"If you come here, what you're telling me is, Curry, I want you to push me, so that I can fulfill the will of God in my life."

"What you've been hearing here, most of the world has never heard."

"I'm here to train soldiers for Jesus Christ."

"Do you want to change the world?"

"To keep his commands means consistent obedience."

"Before you can grab a hold of God, you've got to let go of the world."

So, Jim, I really don't see why you think this is so great.  Boiled down, it has all the appearance and trappings of a works ministry, empowered by a "name it and claim it" brand of faith.  Which isn't too surprising, given it's basis in the gospel of the kingdom (which Jesus Christ and the 12 preached.)  If that's where you want to be, fine. But not me.  I'm into the gospel of grace.

• Upvote 1

On 1/14/2017 at 1:46 PM, jim jack said:

I'm not sure why this popped up when I tried to respond.

Anyhow, I couldn't get past the first 2 minutes of the Curry video without red flags waving in my face. 

Paraphrasing here......."The ministry is more important than your family."  "I'm an Apostle.", etc.

Sorry jim jack. That video UN-inspired me. Please, no offense. Just not my cup of coffee. At the end of the video he relates that someone asked him to pray for them because they were having surgery. He said "Why would I pray for you, you've already made up your mind"? THAT is NOT my kind of Christianity. 

No grace. No compassion. No Jesus. 

• Upvote 2

TLC....we are saved by grace & not of works..I get that..but don't you agree there's "work to be done" in terms of reaching our world (spheres of influence) I do appreciate that you did look much of it over..as Curry does have a rather "militant" focus..which he readily admits to..which he says is necessary whe going after healing for others.. I do hope perhaps you can look over a few others, as I think many of us have some rather staunch postions that we've taken to the point that we get talked out of ministering healing to others..This viewpoint is his of course..just him sharing his heart on his mindset towards all this..He is VERY successful at seeing many many people healed..& even 9 raised from the dead..so I can't just ignore these claims unless its all lies.. So hey thanks for at least looking this one over...I posted this particular one, feeling that  it was quite opposite of the leadership's mentality in TWI from our past..Bless you..JIm

waysider..thats really interesting that that particualr video got transferred to Greasespot..as it too is from the Todd White camp..from Austrailia..did you watch it/??a true testimony of God's love..sorry Blake did'nt last but a few minutes..but thanx anyhow for suffering thru it.. I do hope you watch the "baby" video..as you don't see this aevery day!!! JJ

13 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Dominionism

shoot, didn't recognize the term.  (popularized in the 1990's according to what I just read on the Internet... )

sure fits right along with vpw's interpretation of Rom.13:1ff, though...

I couldn't get past the first two minutes either. In that two minutes, Blake declares that one must give up the right to choose in his or her life in order to make Jesus lord.

If a person must delegate the right to choose for him or herself, that means one of two things. Either (or both) that person claiming Jesus as lord over her/his life must be subject to Blake (or whoever else is the "MOGFODAT") or must open themselves up to possession.

My understanding of scripture strongly contradicts either of those as being "of God."

As far as Dominionism (Christian Nationalism), Michelle Goldberg wrote an excellent primer, Kingdom Coming.

The concept is about individuals submitting to a hardcore interpretation of the Lordship of Jesus and the Bible and the natural extension of that interpretation beyond the individual and beyond the church.

Edited by Rocky
grammar

Thank you all for replying...I think the reason I wanted to share this particular video was to give you a taste of the heart of this man...to me he's nothing to be compared to VPW-wise..in fact just the opposite..if you watch any of his teachings...he's all about US & himself taking dominion over the evil out there..as "greater is he that is in us than he that is in the World (I Jn)..John G Lake emphasized speaking to the ailment..not just to pray for it to go away or ask God to remove it but to COMMAND it to go in Jeus's name..

sorry some of you just got thru 2 minutes as this is a tender man....militant at times..but perhaps thats where we've not seen the power happen becaue we back down so readily...not sticking with the concept that" by his stripes we've been healed"..you stand on that or you say "oh well//guess it wasn't the will of God" since you saw nothing happen immeditately.

I've ministered & seldom is  a change immediate...but sometimes 5 minutes later the thing has totally changed...So yeh I'm seeing GREAT value in the applying of what he's teaching. He's very blunt..but he does cut to the chase & not mince words..& that I love & respect...I am not a follower of CB per se...but of God and what he's been sharing..I've been trying & seeing results..just wanted to introduce it to ya's  as I too went thru some hell in TWI & don't want to re-live  it no more than you would..BUT something is going on with this outfit.....don't say I didn't offer..

Thank you all for your honesty as I would live to see ya's check over a few other sharings ...we DO have dominion over evil..but will we blieve it & minister to those who are suffering??? Love ya's  JJ ;^) PS I hope you did play the l4 minute video of the 45 minute old baby & its heart attack & the deliverance that followed...that video I believe is affiliated with Todd White & I don't think Todd nor Curry are affliated with each other

Thanks for witnessing to us.....over and over and over again. Some things never change. Thankfully, the GSC provides a place where you can espouse whatever floats your boat. These folks you're ceaselessly promoting and praising do not do ANYTHING for my Christianity other than insult it. One man's ceiling is another man's floor. One man's man-o-gawd is another's messenger from hell. C'est lavie.

Enjoy your new Dominionist Cult Jim. Not many "hungry" converts here. I've thrown up and out this worn-out, greedy, self-aggrandizing form of "Christianity". As The Who sang...."We won't be fooled again!" Thanks for all the time you put in for your White-Curry team. They should hire you. Do they have a WOW program you can join?............peace.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, jim jack said:

.I think the reason I wanted to share this particular video was to give you a taste of the heart of this man...to me he's nothing to be compared to VPW-wise..in fact just the opposite..

Maybe you just didn't hear, see or know vpw the same way that others of us might have.  And I'm really not saying the healing(s) are or aren't real.  But I can assure you there were incidents of (instant) healings while I was in the WC and on staff at HQ, which if that alone were the criteria used for the evaluation or endorsement of ANY ministry or denomination... well, maybe you catch my point. Or, maybe you don't.  (But I suspect that some others that read here will.)

Edited by TLC
  • Upvote 1