GreaseSpot Cafe

Anyone here enjoy the game of bridge??

jim jack

• 6 months later...

Don't know bridge; but friends in an old Twig taught me hearts and spades - fun card games - but haven't played either one in years - keep telling myself I'm going to get back into it when I retire.

• Upvote 1

Cribbage is my game.  My great grandfather taught me.

I'm not smart enough for bridge.  (Or more, I can't be bothered to apply my mind to the game.)

Crib is a card game can be played by two, three or four players.  Scores are made by making 15 or 31 points in play (that gets two holes), then whatever is in a person's "hand" of four cards.  First to 121 holes (points) wins.  It's quite easy but the skill is in the play.  I learned from a young age and to this day (not far from retirement) add up quicker in 15s than in 10s!

1 minute ago, Twinky said:

Crib is a card game can be played by two, three or four players.  Scores are made by making 15 or 31 points in play (that gets two holes), then whatever is in a person's "hand" of four cards.  First to 121 holes (points) wins.  It's quite easy but the skill is in the play.  I learned from a young age and to this day (not far from retirement) add up quicker in 15s than in 10s!

Twinky, I didn't know what it was; thanks for the information.  Are you going to play Bridge, and Cribbage when you retire??

• 1 month later...

I learned bridge when I was young.  My parents played, and when my maternal grandmother would visit, we would play.  Eventually all my brothers and sisters and the next-door neighbor family played.  I played a bit in college and grad school, and for a year or two after starting work in Texas.  Haven't played in several years, but I suspect I could hold my own (if you don't confuse me with all of the different bidding conventions).  :beer:

George

• 1 year later...

well to honestly confess..I play 5 days a week..its one of my vices as it's pretty addictive but a super great fun game especially when you have a foursome of good players..The common beef on bridge is  that most players are a bit haughty  & yeh I know a few like that, BUT the game is to me thee game..lol..always a challenge & definitely a game like chess where strategy is of utmost importance..

• 2 weeks later...