GreaseSpot Cafe

Is it okay to recommend wierwilles books to others?

ImLikeSoConfused

Please bear in mind there’s some who believe we’re in the tribulation period right now….well…just on this thread anyway...i guess it's debatable if this thread is The Great Tribulation or just Tribulation period....it makes a helluva entertaining discussion.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

Please bear in mind there’s some who believe we’re in the tribulation period right now….well…just on this thread anyway...i guess it's debatable if this thread is The Great Tribulation or just Tribulation period....it makes a helluva entertaining discussion.  

Gotta say!! Ive definately enjoyed Mikes pontificating on plaf being added to the bible and it ushering in Christs return for his church...entertaining as all get out.

46 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

Image result for tribbles

Now I get it, Tribblation forces ideas ideas to multiply.

Please remember that I am posting that stuff to explain the comments that bothered several people here back 10 years ago, as well as all the way up to now.

Is it beginning to become clear what I meant and how I could say such a shocking thing?

6 minutes ago, Mike said:

Is it beginning to become clear what I meant and how I could say such a shocking thing?

Its quite clear. Guess ur not getting the reaction ya wanted?

1 hour ago, Bolshevik said:

Image result for tribbles

Now I get it, Tribblation forces ideas ideas to multiply.

saaaaay that looks familiar....is that the 44th episode The Tribulation with Treble? ...no wait don't tell me - oh yeah The Trouble with Trebble-a-shuns....no ....mmmmmm...can I call a friend? ...how about I'm All About Outer Space No Tribbles ? ok that's my final answer

5 hours ago, Mike said:

I see the books as containing the pure mind of Christ.  As we build the contents of the books within we grow from having the hope of glory, to the glory itself. 

At his first coming he was mostly not recognized. With the contents of these books infused into our activities and minds, recognizing him in the early stages of the Return is guaranteed.

The books do not contain "the pure mind of Christ". And IMO what you've written here is blasphemous. To elevate veepees writings to the level you've done here Mike is reprehensible. Seriously. You oughta be ashamed of yourself. 

Sorry. I said I wasn't going to comment anymore on this topic. Just couldn't help myself. :wave:

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, JayDee said:

The books do not contain "the pure mind of Christ". And IMO what you've written here is blasphemous. To elevate veepees writings to the level you've done here Mike is reprehensible. Seriously. You oughta be ashamed of yourself.

Now all of a sudden they are his writings?

What happened to the plagiarism?

I see no shame, just good stuff in the book's contents, the actual words.

I look at the source of those words and I see right through vpw, right through his teachers, and ultimately to God. I only see vpw mostly 'putting it all together and getting it distributed throughout the world, and now the Internet.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Now all of a sudden they are his writings?

What happened to the plagiarism?

I see no shame, just good stuff in the book's contents, the actual words.

I look at the source of those words and I see right through vpw, right through his teachers, and ultimately to God. I only see vpw mostly 'putting it all together and getting it distributed throughout the world, and now the Internet.

The lost “art” of alchemy with vpw’s nonsense may work in one’s imagination – but it doesn’t work in the real world

Kool-Aid makes the cultist grow fonder

vpw’s writings are to plagiarism what evidence is to the crime

Edited by T-Bone
typos not Cheerios
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Mike said:

I'd very much like to hear more of what you remember here.

Evidently you're not able to accept it no matter how it's said. If the writing of scripture is neither planned (by man) ahead of time, nor edited by man (including the man writing it) afterwards, then it makes not a spit worth of difference which way you want to figure it.  The PFAL class & book were both planned, and later, both were edited.  Didn't think it took a rocket scientist to see the difference here...   

So there you have it. In Mike's opinion, PFAL was not simply given by revelation, it has supplanted the Bible. It might have saved everyone a lot of needless discourse if he had originally been more straightforward with his conclusion. 

• Upvote 1

An observation I can make now that I was not prepared to accept a decade ago.

There is NO argument to make against Mike's position that does not nullify the Bible as God's Word -- at least not by The Way's definition of "God's Word."

7 hours ago, Mike said:

The Return starts with the written Word, then it goes to the Word made flesh.

What planet are you on? Did you forget that the Word was already made flesh ~2000 years ago?  Was it somehow undone or made "not flesh" sometime after that?  Or maybe the meaning of that phrase never actually found it's way into your head and heart.

7 hours ago, Mike said:

Most grads can not well receive this because the standard model of the Return has no early stages at all; just a sudden rush upwards.  But this suddenness I question.

Question it all you want.  It's pretty much straight from scripture (1Cor.15:52;1Thess 4:17.)

7 hours ago, Mike said:

Two thousand years ago almost everyone had the details of his First Coming quite wrong, and as a result many did not even recognize him. 

By "almost everyone," I take it you mean "almost all Israel," which had been given the promise of the coming Messiah. (As the rest of the world's populace was quite intentionally left clueless.)  But, true, almost all Israel did not recognize him (though, they probably should have given the abundance of prophecies that had been given to them.)  Not unlike the failure of Joseph's brothers to recognize Joseph the first time they went to Egypt to buy grain.  However, for Israel's second time around, it wasn't (and won't be) left to chance.   

Oh,,, you want to talk about us? Or Israel?  Make up your mind, please. (Lest anyone gets confused about the difference.)

7 hours ago, Mike said:

I see the books as containing the pure mind of Christ.  As we build the contents of the books within we grow from having the hope of glory, to the glory itself. 

At his first coming he was mostly not recognized. With the contents of these books infused into our activities and minds, recognizing him in the early stages of the Return is guaranteed.

So, there’s suddenly a lot more on the table to hash through.     

Yikes! e's knocked over my rook and now there's crap on the board!

8 hours ago, Mike said:

I believe we already are into the beginning of the Return, and that it is already underway, just not at all according to our expectations. The reason for the PFAL books is to prepare us for these surprises, and get us ready to see Christ Jesus at some point in the parusia.

I see the [PFAL] books as containing the pure mind of Christ. 

The pure mind of Christ????????????? (Guffaws loudly)

You know some other "Christ," Mike.

But here's a song for you:

• Upvote 1

I'm not even going to express an opinion on Mike's "...we already are into the beginning of the Return, and that it is already underway..." save to say that my understanding is that NO-ONE knows when this event will be.

Though technically I suppose we have been into the "beginning of the return" (or at least awaiting the return) since the day Jesus ascended.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, waysider said:

So there you have it. In Mike's opinion, PFAL was not simply given by revelation, it has supplanted the Bible. It might have saved everyone a lot of needless discourse if he had originally been more straightforward with his conclusion. 

Some folks are about as forthright as a slow boat to China

5 minutes ago, Twinky said:

I'm not even going to express an opinion on Mike's "...we already are into the beginning of the Return, and that it is already underway..." save to say that my understanding is that NO-ONE knows when this event will be.

Not the day and hour, for sure.  But, as for the signs of the times... that merits a little more consideration.  It appears that things are lining up rather rapidly for the fulfillment of some number of old testament prophecies (concerning Israel.)  However, prior to their completion, the church of the body of Christ will need to be taken up (i.e., out of the way.)  

It was stated earlier that God expects us to know what we can know by the Five Senses.  So it would seem sensible to sort out this nonsense by using the five senses to infer the essence of the scenarios possible since the first century.  Which means all the Laws of Physics, gnosko and whatnot.  Which means we can probably calculate the time it takes Jesus to ascend and travel to the right hand of God.  Multiply that by 2, and we have the return time for the trip.  My 2 cents, which is three short.

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

It was stated earlier that God expects us to know what we can know by the Five Senses.  So it would seem sensible to sort out this nonsense by using the five senses to infer the essence of the scenarios possible since the first century.  Which means all the Laws of Physics, gnosko and whatnot.  Which means we can probably calculate the time it takes Jesus to ascend and travel to the right hand of God.  Multiply that by 2, and we have the return time for the trip.  My 2 cents, which is three short.

Quote a bit has changed since the first century. We may need to factor in some delays for security checks.

24 minutes ago, waysider said:

Quote a bit has changed since the first century. We may need to factor in some delays for security checks.

Jesus may want to look into the TSA pre-check program - Tonto and I got our membership this year - saves time and stress

TSA Pre-check

Edited by T-Bone
clarity and hilarity
  • Upvote 1

One of the big reasons I started thinking VERY differently about the Return and the PFAL books was "Living Victoriously in Hope."  

In that teaching is ANOTHER thing that slipped by us all unnoticed, yet deposited in the recorded for future access.   I've been collecting these kinds of items for 19 years now.

Does anyone remember what he taught on Romans 4:18 in LV 1982 how Abraham "turned hope into believing" and it's application to today?  It's like an Indiana Jones passage where he pulls out this astounding gem, and then buries it like a hidden treasure. No one noticed, yet it's right on the tape. Chris Geer's transcript mangles it a little. I can post the accurate transcript.

Is it possible for me to post the .mp3 of that few minutes?

This LV passage basically says that the Return of Christ had moved from the future hope category to the presently available believing category.  He said this in front of many hundreds of people, many thousands more heard the tape, and yet I’ve not yet run into one grad who remembers it.  I did not hear it until 1999, but I was looking for things like this by that time.

The way that vpw said this gem, and then tucked it away and distracted everyone’s attention was like a  master magician.

You have to hear it to see what I’m talking about. He really pulls a fast one here.  Some of it was from how fast he said certain things, and certain things he pointed to.  I’ve analyzed it from many angles; heard it many times. I’d love to post the mp3.

If anyone has the tapes, it should be easy to find.